An Apology to Mike Sullivan

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Id really like to see Tanev - Geno - Kap be that line. We shall see. But ya, it will probably be something dumb. At least Geno and Kap have shown they can drag a corpse around on the other side.

Again, Id like to see Sid and Geno split up into their own units. Give both about equal playing time. Sid and Geno have never worked well together on the PP, unless Gonch has been there to send bombs from the point and not get sucked into non stop passing between the other two. But that would require Sully to sit down and tell them both they cant have their cake and eat it too.

What you see happening is probably what will happen as well.

Yeah but unfortunately Geno and Tanev are injured, to what degee, anyone's guess. Kap'n'n is also just coming back from injury, but he's not missed much time.

Tanev was a gigantic fart last playoffs.... I mean.... who wearing a Penguins uniform wasn't, but still.... he has to prove he has it it the play-offs first...

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Id really like to see Tanev - Geno - Kap be that line. We shall see. But ya, it will probably be something dumb. At least Geno and Kap have shown they can drag a corpse around on the other side.

Again, Id like to see Sid and Geno split up into their own units. Give both about equal playing time. Sid and Geno have never worked well together on the PP, unless Gonch has been there to send bombs from the point and not get sucked into non stop passing between the other two. But that would require Sully to sit down and tell them both they cant have their cake and eat it too.

What you see happening is probably what will happen as well.

Here's a good post floating in a sea of despair.

CTZ181

Jan 18, 2021
I'm starting to see more and more from fans of other teams saying Sully is the or one of the best coaches in the game. He has a pretty solid coach helping on the ice... but he squeezes every ounce of energy out of his team's and it's fun to watch.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
* Subject to what comes in the playoffs

(not wins or losses or how far they advance per se, but whether he puts them in the best position, in terms of bench management and tactically, to win . . . that's ultimately what a good coach does and from there it's on the players)

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I never really got on his case, as I saw the Pens problems as a combination of roster construction and age, but I'm glad to see the Pens playing better than expected. As others have said, hope it continues into the post-season.

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I never really got on his case, as I saw the Pens problems as a combination of roster construction and age, but I'm glad to see the Pens playing better than expected. As others have said, hope it continues into the post-season.

And if it doesn't, then it will be @Mario_is_BACK!! who's to blame for jinxing Sullivan and not Sullivan himself.

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
I'm sorry, but I'm waiting for the playoffs.

Sullivan is a good coach, but some decisions he makes are just inexcusable. If he can outcoach someone like Trotz or Laviolette in the playoffs then I'll admit I was wrong but until then I want the guy gone. It amazes me how people screamed about Bylsma being stubborn for years yet give Sullivan a pass.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'm starting to see more and more from fans of other teams saying Sully is the or one of the best coaches in the game. He has a pretty solid coach helping on the ice... but he squeezes every ounce of energy out of his team's and it's fun to watch.

Same thing happened with Bylsma until 2013.

And even then a lot of people thought he’d be good for Buffalo.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Sully is a flop........coming soon to a playoffs again near you...

Sully never gave Sprong a shot........... Sprong is flourishing for the Caps.......... Pens could have had a cheap thats' younger and more dynamic than Zuck and saved nearly 5 mill

Sully had too much success........HERE........too soon

Sully bulllied JR.................Sully never gave Reaves a shot...........When we gave up so much to acquire him. It was at that moment that JR cucked to Sully...........embarrassing for JR.........even more embarrassing that this happen to the organization two times in a row from their weak knee GM

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Exactly. For the first little while, other teams fans kept telling us that Bylsma wasn't the issue and it was just the Pens' roster. It took seeing Bylsma coach Buffalo and not have Sid/Geno to carry him for the rest of the hockey world to realize we were right.

Reactions: madinsomniac

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Comparing one coach to another coach is in this case ridiculously lazy analysis and simple minded.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

Maybe senility is creeping in.

But I don't remember many saying when he was fired that Disco was one of the best coaches in the game as they say about Sullivan now and that their teams would be lucky to have him.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Maybe senility is creeping in.

But I don't remember many saying when he was fired that Disco was one of the best coaches in the game as they say about Sullivan now and that their teams would be lucky to have him.

I can't speak for other fanbases (though he wouldn't have gotten snapped up immediately by another team if he were badly-thought-of) but Disco was absolutely worshipped locally until the bitter end.

It took the Olympic fiasco to open SOME eyes.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
SUllivan is a weak-kneed girl woman......he should carry his hockey puck in a purse.......because that's what womrn do.....carry purses.......he should be tough and strong like me

Sulley tradeded Conner Sheary........he is TALL of heart...that is betrayal of FAMILY

I have been on "the forums" on Dark Web....I have watched many "Debate Videos" on YouTube (even thoughh they censer me)...........I am READY.....will SUllee win playoffs? Only I, an intelligint genius KNOW this answer........

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
SUllivan is a weak-kneed girl woman......he should carry his hockey puck in a purse.......because that's what womrn do.....carry purses.......he should be tough and strong like me

Sulley tradeded Conner Sheary........he is TALL of heart...that is betrayal of FAMILY

I have been on "the forums" on Dark Web....I have watched many "Debate Videos" on YouTube (even thoughh they censer me)...........I am READY.....will SUllee win playoffs? Only I, an intelligint genius KNOW this answer........

Good good! This is a VERY promising start. A few notes though if I may, just to start.

You need to start out a BIT more coherent. I LOVE that the implication here is that you are already zonked on like 5 different prescription meds and half a suitcase of Boosh light by 11AM but you need to work up to it a bit. Start off unhinged but with SOME clarity. Then get progressively more in the bag as the inevitable debate goes on.

Also... and this is a creative choice... but I would encourage you to ALWAYS stick up for the coach, GM, etc. Appeals to authority are important because they let everyone know that you don't actually have any original ideas and rely on someone else to think for you and that you are terrified of the idea that the people in charge don't actually know what they are doing most of the time.

Again... terrific stuff. Wheelhouse, baby.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Good good! This is a VERY promising start. A few notes though if I may, just to start.

You need to start out a BIT more coherent. I LOVE that the implication here is that you are already zonked on like 5 different prescription meds and half a suitcase of Boosh light by 11AM but you need to work up to it a bit. Start off unhinged but with SOME clarity. Then get progressively more in the bag as the inevitable debate goes on.

Also... and this is a creative choice... but I would encourage you to ALWAYS stick up for the coach, GM, etc. Appeals to authority are important because they let everyone know that you don't actually have any original ideas and rely on someone else to think for you and that you are terrified of the idea that the people in charge don't actually know what they are doing most of the time.

Again... terrific stuff. Wheelhouse, baby.
I don't mean to interrupt, but I just wanted to say I love what is happening here.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ

I think you should lean into the dark web angle a bit more, maybe also add some weird font changes and random .gifs from an Angelfire site circa 2003.

I think the mood board should be prodromal schizophrenia meets Sportscutz.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m sorry…sorry that you screwed up the line combinations and goaltending decisions so badly in the last postseason that you lost to a non-playoff team.

and we’ll all be telling him we’re sorry if he fails in the first round of the POs again with his shitty lineups and lack of effective adjustments, and thus gets his ass fired

Reactions: Trade

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
And last night is exactly why it's premature to "apologize" to Sullivan. He's still got to prove he's the right guy to get this team to buy in consistently when the games matter first. Hence, wait until we see our playoff performance.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
“We’re so sorry....Uncle Sully....
We’re so sorry if we caused you any pain....
We’re so sorry....Uncle Sully
But we’ve yet to score a goal
and you have yet to make a change.”

-
Sir Paul McCartney

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
“We’re so sorry....Uncle Sully....
We’re so sorry if we caused you any pain....
We’re so sorry....Uncle Sully
But we’ve yet to score a goal
and you have yet to make a change.”

-
Sir Paul McCartney

Move on
Give your job to somebody
Sooooooooon right away
Right away

Ram is such an amazing album.

Reactions: Trade

Ad