OT: Amusement Park Discussion

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Disney is insane price wise. I just want to walk around not do the rides. Still 160 to go do that at Epcott. Crazy to me. How does a normal family afford Disney in 2024? Must be 6-10k for 5 or so days.
I was pricing it out for last fall and it was about 3k for me alone for a week. That included lodging, tickets, food, drinks and some souvenirs. I wasn't even doing the crazy souvenirs like a droid or lightsaber in the Star Wars area.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Going to universal studios Florida in May they have buy 2 days get 2 days free with the 2 or 3 park ticket. 3rd park being volcano Bay.

For anyone interested the Hershey bears have fan appreciation day March 17 when u enter the game u get a free pass for hersheypark this summer but must be used by June 30

Reactions: dragonoffrost

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I haven't been to Knoebels in over 20 years. My one friend really likes it and has kept suggesting a few of us make day trip up sometime (we're about an hour-75 minutes away). Gonna have to take her up on that sometime.
Sorry for the late response. Well worth the trip in my opinion just for the 2 award winning coasters and bumper cars. It has changed quite a bit in 20 years. They have a pay 1 price option or u can buy tickets. The tickets are cheaper if u go to the customer service office and buy $75 or more total u get a 15% discount. If u plan on riding more than a couple rides the pay 1 price is better its $52. They do have online deals also.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Last edited:
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Is El Toro really that bad now? That ride was super smooth when it first opened.
El Toro was closed for a bit due to a train gouging the track...I know it was repaired but not sure how well it's running as I've avoided most Six Flags parks due to the horrible operations of rides for a few seasons. Next year if the Cedar Fair/Six Flags merger completes this summer I'll go back as it's going to be one season pass for a lot of amusement parks.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
This board needed this thread somewhere! Great idea!

I'm going to be in FLA in the end of March. Trying to get to BGT for Iron Gwazi, I'm gonna be in Palm Coast so it's like a 2 1/2hr drive. I won't be closer in the foreseeable future so I'm really trying to make it work. Haven't been there in more than a decade and really want to see how Montu and Kumba have held up. It will be interesting to see if more parks with classic B&Ms go the way of Alton Towers with Nemesis or Universal with Hulk and we see more complete re-tracks. It's wildly expensive tho.

Used to do a big road trip in my 20's every year with some buds. Either go south and hit Kings Dominion, BGW, Carowinds. Or go east and hit Kennywood, Cedar Point, Kings Island. Awesome trips. Sadly we are all older now with more responsibilities. I also can't physically marathon rides anymore. Get severe headaches. I only visited Hershey one this season to ride Wildcats Revenge. That was my only visit to a park this season. Hershey has become my favorite line up of rides. They all are unique and have great character. Absolutely stacks up with any of the major coaster destinations. And I only live a little over an hour away so that's nice. I'll probably get to Dorney once this year, dive coasters aren't may favorite rides, but it's just nice to see them finally get something new. I think it has been since Hydra in 2006!

But yeah I've been a big coaster nerd since before I can remember. Grew up at Kennywood basically. Racer was my first coaster. I always joke Steel Phantom gave me CTE, along with hockey.

Again great thread. I'll be checking in regularly. Trip reports would be great! Can't stand ThemeParkReview!

Reactions: Flyerfan13

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
This board needed this thread somewhere! Great idea!

I'm going to be in FLA in the end of March. Trying to get to BGT for Iron Gwazi, I'm gonna be in Palm Coast so it's like a 2 1/2hr drive. I won't be closer in the foreseeable future so I'm really trying to make it work. Haven't been there in more than a decade and really want to see how Montu and Kumba have held up. It will be interesting to see if more parks with classic B&Ms go the way of Alton Towers with Nemesis or Universal with Hulk and we see more complete re-tracks. It's wildly expensive tho.

Used to do a big road trip in my 20's every year with some buds. Either go south and hit Kings Dominion, BGW, Carowinds. Or go east and hit Kennywood, Cedar Point, Kings Island. Awesome trips. Sadly we are all older now with more responsibilities. I also can't physically marathon rides anymore. Get severe headaches. I only visited Hershey one this season to ride Wildcats Revenge. That was my only visit to a park this season. Hershey has become my favorite line up of rides. They all are unique and have great character. Absolutely stacks up with any of the major coaster destinations. And I only live a little over an hour away so that's nice. I'll probably get to Dorney once this year, dive coasters aren't may favorite rides, but it's just nice to see them finally get something new. I think it has been since Hydra in 2006!

But yeah I've been a big coaster nerd since before I can remember. Grew up at Kennywood basically. Racer was my first coaster. I always joke Steel Phantom gave me CTE, along with hockey.

Again great thread. I'll be checking in regularly. Trip reports would be great! Can't stand ThemeParkReview!
My plan is to do some reports with possible pictures.

I loved BGT but I have yet to get there post Iron Gwazi opening.

I've done some crazy trips. Two weeks on the road and changing parks either every day or 2 unless Cedar Point or Kings Island was involved.

Dive coasters to me are fun... not thrilling but fun.

Also in the steel retrack is Loch Ness Monster for this season at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. That one really needed the love.

I was late to the coaster nerd game but I totally got hooked once I broke the "fear of heights" into a "fear of falling" with knowledge that the restraints are not going to fail easily.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
My plan is to do some reports with possible pictures.

I loved BGT but I have yet to get there post Iron Gwazi opening.

I've done some crazy trips. Two weeks on the road and changing parks either every day or 2 unless Cedar Point or Kings Island was involved.

Dive coasters to me are fun... not thrilling but fun.

Also in the steel retrack is Loch Ness Monster for this season at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. That one really needed the love.

I was late to the coaster nerd game but I totally got hooked once I broke the "fear of heights" into a "fear of falling" with knowledge that the restraints are not going to fail easily.
Totally forgot about that. Haven't been there since the year before Pantheon opened. Great to see parks taking care of their classics.

Haha, I absolutely hate heights. I can't stand on a high balcony without getting a little weak kneed. But I'll jump on Kingda Ka no problem. Have absolute faith in the engineers.

Reactions: dragonoffrost

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Steel on a coaster has a shelf life of around 40 years from what I've heard. Nessie has been a janky ride for a while now. It really comes down to how available parts are to get for the coaster for if things are retracked or scrapped. Nessie seems to have been saved as Vekoma uses a very close design to the old Arrow trains. Look at Nessie train and a train on a Vekoma Boomerang. They look alike. On the other hand Big Bad Wolf was such a rare design it had to be scrapped :(

My last trip there was for Verbolten opening. I will be there hopefully in March to catch back up on everything added since then.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Someone in here has to know where this horrifying thing lives.

View attachment 813306
Looks like a relative of Bertie the Bunyip.

Bertie_the_Bunyip.png

Imagine that on a kid’s show.

Bertie the Bunyip - Wikipedia

Last edited:

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
So now it's been said Loch Ness Monster at Busch Gardens Williamsburg won't re-open until May and Intimidator 305 at Kings Dominion will be delayed opening this season due to a retheme. March trip in shambles!

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Skyrush is receiving new restraints and they're renovating the station.

Now turn the lift back up to the same speed it was opening year. The first drop is still world class but during that first season it was bonkers.
Thighcrush was a real thing for me so I'm glad to see the updates.

And yes that first season, back row you thought it would throw you off the ride. It was crazy.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
So with southern parks opening I have been seeing trip reports and man some people complain about the oddest things.

Kings Dominion is getting a lot of complaints for changing the pizza meal from 2 slices and 1 breadstick to 1 slice and 2 breadsticks. Why are they complaining... "Last year I could get the meal and share it with my child. This year I can't."

These are people with the all season meal plan that after 8 meals it's paid for itself. These people go both days almost every weekend by their own admission.

I said "Gee I wonder did the parks figure out you were taking advantage of the system and now everyone gets punished?" Man did that bring some Karen's out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad