Amnesty buyouts?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don't think Walker makes enough to justify it. I'd say definitely Pronger, but I don't think a player can be bought out if they're injured

SchennSational1022*

Pronger can't be bought out. I believe you need to be able to pass a physical to be bought out. Walker wont be bought out his contract ends this summer.

I'd buy out bryz next summer (2014) if he doesn't improve. It'll be our only/last chance to get rid of him and his albatross contract, then sign someone like Backstrom, who arguably is a better goalie than Bryz anyway.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
The buy out is in the summer, so walker does not even matter since this is his last year under contract

Edit: didn't see the last part of the post above me

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
There are two available, I'm guessing Walker for sure, and very possibly Pronger.
Walker's contract is up this summer. No point. If the "900,000 in the minors counts against the cap" is in effect this season, Walker will be up with the big club.

I think Bryz gets a tryout, and unless he's unbelievable, he should be gone...mainly because this is the only window the team has to clear that contract.

ninetynine*

I don't think Walker makes enough to justify it. I'd say definitely Pronger, but I don't think a player can be bought out if they're injured

You're right, I screwed up. Pronger can't be bought out...possibly ever. :cry: He'll be on LTIR for years to come I bet.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
as others have said, walker is done after this year and pronger is injured. i will guess briere will be one and maybe bryz depending on how bad he is.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
This is probably impossible to contemplate until we see these next 48 games. If Bryz struggles, that's a definite given his contract. After that? Depends on how Briere plays, but his contract has got to be under consideration.

RJ8812*

The buy-out window is for two years (Summer 2013 and Summer 2014), right?

Obviously if Pronger can be bough out, you do it. If not, I can see Bryz, possibly not this summer, but in 2014. And Briere is a candidate as well.

RoDu

May 22, 2003
Winnipeg
Visit site
The buy-out window is for two years (Summer 2013 and Summer 2014), right?

Obviously if Pronger can be bough out, you do it. If not, I can see Bryz, possibly not this summer, but in 2014. And Briere is a candidate as well.

one has to be healthy in order to be bought out

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Has there been any word if the 35+ contract rule will still be in place? I assume it will, but it would be nice to be able to have him retire and pay Pronger for a front office position.

RJ8812*

Has there been any word if the 35+ contract rule will still be in place? I assume it will, but it would be nice to be able to have him retire and pay Pronger for a front office position.

"front office position" within the Flyers organization as he lives in St. Louis

RJ8812*

Or a scouting position. Something along those lines. You know what I meant.

I was only joking around. he doesn't even have to do anything really. They can just give him some random job title that makes it sound like he does something for the team and pay him to sit at home with his family

Philadelphia Ducks

Win it for Ed
May 8, 2011
Ontario, Canada
The buyouts are for next year, if you're able to resign players you've bought out, I'd say definitely buy out Briere to resign him at a lower cap hit. And if Bryz doesn't get his **** together this year, I'd look to buying him out. Really, I'd love Philly to try and trade for Bernier and buy out Bryz either way next year and let Bernier take over.

Walker's contract will be up before we can buy him out, but even if it wasn't, he really doesn't make enough to warrant the buy out.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
I was only joking around. he doesn't even have to do anything really. They can just give him some random job title that makes it sound like he does something for the team and pay him to sit at home with his family

Exactly. I really hope they got rid of this rules, especially since they put in the contract limit length.

RJ8812*

The buyouts are for next year, if you're able to resign players you've bought out, I'd say definitely buy out Briere to resign him at a lower cap hit. And if Bryz doesn't get his **** together this year, I'd look to buying him out. Really, I'd love Philly to try and trade for Bernier and buy out Bryz either way next year and let Bernier take over.

Walker's contract will be up before we can buy him out, but even if it wasn't, he really doesn't make enough to warrant the buy out.

if you amnesty buy-out a player, he can't play for your team for the following season

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
The buyouts last this summer and next. So we can hold on to one if we need to permanently send Bryz off to his moonbase. That gives him plenty of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad