American Thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I know we have a lot of folk all around the world and a lot of friends up north, but tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in the states. I try to often reflect back at time spent and looking at my post count I can actually say my time here was/is worth every single second. I'm grateful and thankful for it because honestly none of my RL friends are diehard hockey fans who live and die by who we draft in the 6th round. :laugh:

So i'll start off the fight right now for food... stuffing is garbage. Anything with onions in it smell horrible.

Post what you are cooking/cooked! I know @Mario_is_BACK!! has posted some damn good looking food before. So post it up. AND STAY SAFE!

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I know we have a lot of folk all around the world and a lot of friends up north, but tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in the states. I try to often reflect back at time spent and looking at my post count I can actually say my time here was/is worth every single second. I'm grateful and thankful for it because honestly none of my RL friends are diehard hockey fans who live and die by who we draft in the 6th round. :laugh:

So i'll start off the fight right now for food... stuffing is garbage. Anything with onions in it smell horrible.

Post what you are cooking/cooked! I know @Mario_is_BACK!! has posted some damn good looking food before. So post it up. AND STAY SAFE!

In Australia the store bought hot roast chickens had stuffing in them. Do you know how annoyed I was when I get to Canada and they don’t have stuffing in them? Very annoyed. I’d say to my Canadian friends they forgot to put the stuffing in and they had no idea what I was talking about.

Your views on stuffing disturb me almost as much as when I went to my first North American Christmas dinner and they had mashed potatoes, not roasted potatoes. The turkey was appreciated though.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Mixing foods is what terrorists do.

My friend had major OCD about foods touching to the point where she wouldn’t eat it. A lot of my meals are just foods cut into bite sized pieces mixed together in a bowl. I love it.

Eating-may-best-choice-your-number-one-hobby.gif

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
Some people like to cook the bird without the stuffing to try to get it to cook more evenly but there's nothing like stuffing directly from the cavity. You need those juices mixed in there. And my wife adds the turkey liver to the stuffing and it kicks it up a notch.

This year will be the first year in my life without spending it with my extended family. I've been a little depressed about it. It feels like any old day honestly.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Mate, what's the deal with the onions thing?

I like them, but they do make me gassy, so my fiancé avoids putting them in meals.

I exaggerate my hate for some food, but I do have a hard time with smelly foods. Onions smell horrific, unless they are grilled/stringy. Like cold onion legit smells like shit. So I always wonder why people love shit smells as they eat. Sauerkraut/most fish, onions, brussels sprouts, etc. It bafffffffffffffffffffffles my mind beyond baffle how someone can enjoy a food that smells like a really bad toilet.

Like if someone is cooking sauerkraut and I asked the room "What does this smell like?" Most people would say "Oh yeah... poop." And then I'd say... "WELL WHY DO YOU WANT TO EAT IT?!"

But mostly it is an exaggerated character. I just choose not to eat smelly things.

Reactions: KIRK

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
As a non meat/bird eater, I can’t say I’m a lover of the traditional Thanksgiving meal in general. My girlfriend makes a delicious butternut squash vegan risotto and we’ll have a salad and roasted sweet potato. A lot of fiber and vitamins A and C...too much imo but it’s one meal ... and tomorrow I’m going to have to eat it very slowly, as I participate in three Zoom Thanksgivings with family lol....let’s see how that goes

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I exaggerate my hate for some food, but I do have a hard time with smelly foods. Onions smell horrific, unless they are grilled/stringy. Like cold onion legit smells like shit. So I always wonder why people love shit smells as they eat. Sauerkraut/most fish, onions, brussels sprouts, etc. It bafffffffffffffffffffffles my mind beyond baffle how someone can enjoy a food that smells like a really bad toilet.

Like if someone is cooking sauerkraut and I asked the room "What does this smell like?" Most people would say "Oh yeah... poop." And then I'd say... "WELL WHY DO YOU WANT TO EAT IT?!"

But mostly it is an exaggerated character. I just choose not to eat smelly things.
Baked Brussels sprouts are f***ing amazing mate, I mean a lot of things smell that we eat...........................................................................................................

Anyway, when it's in stuffing, you have other spices and things in it, so it's not like you only smell the onions, also which onions? Red onions smell ok, pickled red onions are f***ing great. My fiancé loves onions, I like them in moderation.

Reactions: ColePens

Rico Im Ur Fata

Jun 23, 2003
Hong Kong
Thank you for curating and conciliating a passionate gallery of self-styled pundits, ColePens. I have always been a fan of you.

Blessed is Thanksgiving. From the shore of Hong Kong to the far shore of the American continent, stay safe everyone.

Reactions: Andy99 and ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad