American Thanksgiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I exaggerate my hate for some food, but I do have a hard time with smelly foods. Onions smell horrific, unless they are grilled/stringy. Like cold onion legit smells like shit. So I always wonder why people love shit smells as they eat. Sauerkraut/most fish, onions, brussels sprouts, etc. It bafffffffffffffffffffffles my mind beyond baffle how someone can enjoy a food that smells like a really bad toilet.

Like if someone is cooking sauerkraut and I asked the room "What does this smell like?" Most people would say "Oh yeah... poop." And then I'd say... "WELL WHY DO YOU WANT TO EAT IT?!"

But mostly it is an exaggerated character. I just choose not to eat smelly things.
dude onions smell so damn good. Exaggeration or not, I just don't understand this one at all.

I also do love pork cooked with sauerkraut, but that one I at least get not liking.

Last edited:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday. I always love the big family meal part of Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, and Thanksgiving comes with no extra baggage. I think I'm lucky to like my family and my wife's family :laugh:

We cancelled our stuff sadly, so I'm cooking for me and my vegetarian (or whatever the one that eats fish is called) wife. I have a small turkey breast for me and crab cakes for her. Then just mashed potatoes, stuffing, and gravy. No need to overextend on my first attempt, just the best bits. aka the parts that I smother in gravy :laugh:

Gonna do some zoom call stuff later.

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
And that's under the best of conditions.

Mystery Science Theater 3000 Turkey Day marathon with a side of Civilization VI is the only way to salvage things.

When I was a kid this is the one thing my big brothers would watch that would have me howling. I cannot believe this format was not taken to youtube at some absurd rate. This brings back great memories.

@KIRK - see.. my older brothers DID do something nice. :laugh:

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I’m thankful that legends live forever.

8471677-e1550984820831.jpg

erik-gudbranson-2019-50.jpg

cody-ceci-2020-38.jpg

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I double down on stuffing with left overs. Good stuffing is able to be a loaf you can slice up into bread form. The double down part comes in making sandwiches out of it..

Come at me...

I love putting corn/coleslaw/ and a number of items dependant on availability on my mashed potatoes. Gravy to me, good gravy that is, is a food group equal to a soup. I love to just drink/spoon it as such.

Expand your options, mashed potatoes are a food group and I'll make a meal of them.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I usually host a half Thanksgiving every year. So that's my favorite holiday.

Since that didn't happen I guess that is my favorite.

My parents don't have much beer other that some IC Light that's like 15 years old. Tastes just like normal IC Light. :laugh:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I usually host a half Thanksgiving every year. So that's my favorite holiday.

Since that didn't happen I guess that is my favorite.

My parents don't have much beer other that some IC Light that's like 15 years old. Tastes just like normal IC Light. :laugh:

Im seriously jealous of England. They have beer52 which is a monthly subscription to unique/different beers. :( I'd kill for that. Shipped to the house!?

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Im seriously jealous of England. They have beer52 which is a monthly subscription to unique/different beers. :( I'd kill for that. Shipped to the house!?

Tavour now ships to PA. $15 flat shipping charge and there's a good variety at least twice a day to pick from.

You've seen my beer shelf pictures.

Reactions: ColePens

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
When I was a kid this is the one thing my big brothers would watch that would have me howling. I cannot believe this format was not taken to youtube at some absurd rate. This brings back great memories.

@KIRK - see.. my older brothers DID do something nice. :laugh:

If you have a firestick if you download Pluto Tv they have a MST3K channel and it goes 24 7..its free no cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad