Proposal: Alzner for Zaitsev.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Excellent contribution Mr Moderator. I’d suggest you watch some hockey before trying to be a smart ass.

This is an ignorant opinion and you should be setting a better example. If you don’t know what you’re talking about, why are you posting?
edit

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Domi for Nylander. Alzner for Zaitsev. Who's making these proposals? Wtf are these two teams going to trade in midseason for? Fantasy hockey? Leafs are ahead in the standings. But I am still hoping that Leafs and Habs meet in the playoffs. I think Toronto's defense would lose head to head.

Teflon Jim

Apr 4, 2018
Just because Z plays top four doesn't mean he earned it .
There's just no other options for the defenceless leafs.
Z is a pig with lipstick on.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Tanev is playing on a dumpster fire team having to play with Derrick ***** Pouliot who is brutal, whereas Zaitsev is on a contending team. Also, you can’t just use advance stats. They are not comparable.
Tanev’s dumpster fire team is significantly worse when he’s on the ice. That’s what those rel stats mean. And they’re absolutey comparable across teams, it’s just like all things, you need context.

Are his rel stats good because he’s average and the team sucks? Ok, fair thing to point out.

But when your rel stats are brutal, on a team that’s brutal in that category?

You probably aren’t very good.

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
Yea, the Leafs do have some excellent prospects down there. It really isn’t fair to Alzner.
Who? Ive seen liljegren and sandin live plenty of times and u will be pretty disapointed.. Unless u already know that they'll be 5-6th D guys.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Tanev’s dumpster fire team is significantly worse when he’s on the ice. That’s what those rel stats mean. And they’re absolutey comparable across teams, it’s just like all things, you need context.

Are his rel stats good because he’s average and the team sucks? Ok, fair thing to point out.

But when your rel stats are brutal, on a team that’s brutal in that category?

You probably aren’t very good.
Understandable, however, playing with Derrick Pouliot night in and night out (And I swear on God he gives the puck away in the defensive zone at least twice a game) that will absolutely destroy your stats.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
As a neutral fan this is bad for the leafs.

The only question I’d pose to leaf fans who have a better understanding of their cap situation than I do, is would making this deal (in the offseason)to bury alzner in the AHL make any sense? Open up $4.5M cap space for upcoming deals or a FA upgrade around the same $?

You can’t bury him in the minors. He’s still only giving $925K reprieve on the cap hit.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Both stink playing D

The way i see it is While Zaitsev is younger but his contract is a lot worst and longer..Both stink playing D.

Repeating it twice doesn't change the fact that Alzner is waiver fodder and Zaitsev can at minimum play at a bottom pair level.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
As unfortunate as Zaitsev's contract is, this strikes me as a significant downgrade. Zaitsev can at least skate.

Zero interest from this Leafs fan.

Also, not sure why the Habs would do this when I've been assured that Juulsen would play over Zaitsev and his contract is longer than Alzner's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad