Speculation: Alternate Jersey? (8/22: Canucks COO confirms new alternate jersey for 50th anniversary year)

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
that modified agency typeface is getting pretty dated
It already was when they revealed it... such a weird choice. Imagine a team introducing giant letters in unstylized Times New Roman tomorrow... it's kind of mind-blowing from a design standpoint.

Also, things like swapping out the whale for the sitck-and-rink, or just ditching the wordmark, or adding green to the logo, adding a stripe, etc. are not "changing identities" and it's such a lame reason to oppose something that actually results in a better product. The hallowed Original Six have made endless changes like this without so much as peep (hell, Toronto's even changed their logo in the recent past). It's not a "change in identity" of the color scheme and basic layout remain the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave Lister

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
What about if they keep the same color scheme and get rid of that specific orca logo, but keep the same style? That way it wouldn’t be the Orca Bay logo and bring up all of those thoughts, yet it wouldn’t be a total different direction again.

The last time I was in Vancouver I went to a gallery in Gastown and there was this sick Orca carving that I was thinking would be awesome to base around for a new logo. Pretty bad ass:

24C740E2-5ED6-4D29-89D6-A2B017DCEAED.jpeg
95561EAC-1AFA-4B5C-8752-E7FDCD2B31F5.jpeg

Dezmoto

May 3, 2013
Los Angeles
I'd like to see the Stick-in-Rink full-time and the Flying Skate as the alt. I've never liked the birthing Orca thing, even though it is a very BC theme. And I can't stand "Johnny Canuck", shall we open every game to the tune of the Log Driver's Waltz as well?

I'm probably the only one that still likes the Flying V from the 80's, right?

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
This would be a good time to introduce an alternate jersey, as it can be a distraction from the dumpster fire roster we're about to assemble.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
Alleged apparel/jersey store employees claimed about a month ago that Canucks are getting an alt this year. So far three of the supposed teams that were getting Alts have been confirmed. So it's looking like it might be true. I suspect we will just reuse the redesigned stick-in-rink since that's the primary on our practice jerseys.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Alleged apparel/jersey store employees claimed about a month ago that Canucks are getting an alt this year. So far three of the supposed teams that were getting Alts have been confirmed. So it's looking like it might be true. I suspect we will just reuse the redesigned stick-in-rink since that's the primary on our practice jerseys.

Canucks are not getting an alternate this year.

NHL 2018-19 New Uniforms & Logos

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I've heard this from different sources also. They are waiting for the 50th.
Should save the main logo redesign for 50. I bet they add a second wordmark under the orca saying “50 YEARS” then charge 2 million to the team. Hey everyone, remember changing to our original colours and adding a word to our existing logo cost the team 2 million to design? Seeing the skate jersey once in a while is one of the only interesting things this team can do right now

Reactions: Seattle Totems

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
I bet they add a second wordmark under the orca saying “50 YEARS” then charge 2 million to the team. Hey everyone, remember changing to our original colours and adding a word to our existing logo cost the team 2 million to design?
They even defaulted to the alphabetically first font in Microsoft Office and called it a day. :laugh:

"Well here's Agency FB, and..."

"Sounds good, Bill, c'mon... dinner reservations."

"I haven't even given it any color, I mean it looks—"

"Din-ner res-er-va-tions, Bill."

"Okay, coming!"

Reactions: Dave Lister

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
They even defaulted to the alphabetically first font in Microsoft Office and called it a day. :laugh:

"Well here's Agency FB, and..."

"Sounds good, Bill, c'mon... dinner reservations."

"I haven't even given it any color, I mean it looks—"

"Din-ner res-er-va-tions, Bill."

"Okay, coming!"
New idea for a comic I think

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad