Speculation: Alternate Jersey? (8/22: Canucks COO confirms new alternate jersey for 50th anniversary year)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
With the Arizona Coyotes unveiling their retro third jersey (very nice) and the Carolina Hurricanes unveiling their third jersey (not so nice), I was wondering if anyone had seen or heard any chatter about the Canucks using an alternate this year?

No teams had alternates last year in the first year of the Adidas partnership, but they are allowed to utilize them this year.

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
Seems like the Canucks make a logo change every time a new era takes over. Wouldn’t be upset to see the skate logo make a return with a more modern/updated look with either the classic colours or even the blue/green look.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Contrary to a leaked style guide there is no 3rd jersey this year. The 50th is coming up soon however. Would be nice to have new management by then.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
It should be a picture of the Titanic
It should be this with an orca instead of a dolphin:

hrlp1.jpg

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I wanna see the legit stick in rink, not the modernized version they used the last handful of years. Or something else completely (skate, Johnny Canuck, or something brand new).

This
Canucks01.png

Not this
Canucks33.png

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I must be in the minority, but I feel like we should keep our current sets, wordmark and all. The point has been made that we've changed looks too often.

I'd love for the skate jersey to be used as an alternate (white, black or even the red ones - that would be a nice throwback seeing as it was a pilot jersey for the NHL's third jersey program at the time)

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
[QUOTE="Josepho, post: 147830701, member: 242423"]just ****ing bring the stick and rink back full time

the vancouver wordmark will never not bother me deeply and at this point i'll take any alternative but stick and rink makes the most sense[/QUOTE]
Ew!

One of the worst logos out there. The orca is fine.

Reactions: Slads and The Stig

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
I must be in the minority, but I feel like we should keep our current sets, wordmark and all. The point has been made that we've changed looks too often.

I'd love for the skate jersey to be used as an alternate (white, black or even the red ones - that would be a nice throwback seeing as it was a pilot jersey for the NHL's third jersey program at the time)

I agree - the team has changed it's visual identity too many times. Currently we have a readily identifiable and attractive colour scheme, and 2 logos that are widely recognized and identified with the team - the Orca and the Stick-n-Rink.

Personally I think Johnny Canuck on anything other than a shoulder patch or novelty - one of - sweater would instantly become one of the worst logos in hockey. It's fugly; right up there with the Isles Captain Fish Sticks, the Anaheim Michelin Man Duck, the Dallas Mooterus and whatever the hell that "Kachina" thing was on Coyotes sweaters in the late 1990's.

That said - I don't mind "out there" concepts on "one of" uniforms and alternates - like the Vancouver Millionaires kit and would welcome even a "Flying V" or updated Skate logo (maybe in current colours?). But don't mess with the everyday kit or alternate (Stick-n-Rink).

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Alternates should be the spaghetti plate and used once per month. Keep the orca or go back to stick I dont care, just get rid of the ugly ass wordmark please, and stay away from anything Johnny Canuck. I also refuse to buy any merchandise with those on it. Also the font for names and numbers needs to be changed to our 70s style or better yet regular nhl style. Whatever they have now is shit

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->