GDT: Alternate GDT: Things to do instead of watching the KCD farce

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
I've never once referred to the down beat as the "get down" but I think it's time I started.

Drumming is really no different from guitar playing I'm sure, after awhile and practice it all becomes secondary. I personally can't imagine the intricacies of what you all do, especially on a fret hand.

Greeneye

May 17, 2006
Golden, CO
I haven't been watching many games recently but for some reason this makes me want to watch tonight. I guess I love watching trainwrecks.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
You can take a bunch or Turbo Lax and spend the night like this:
rrxs3rC.gif

N2hVn7N.gif

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
I'm going to watch the game in its entirety, then at 1:30 when it ends I'm going to a truck stop and sell my body in order to get my self esteem back.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
I'm going to watch the game in its entirety, then at 1:30 when it ends I'm going to a truck stop and sell my body in order to get my self esteem back.

This is why I come to these boards. We are having ourselves a regular Toronto/Cleveland depression fest and I think it is hilarious. I am so upset watching most games now. Wai.

ibar726

Aug 6, 2013
This is the solution, sleep through the whole ****ing season!

SNL_0764_03_Hibernol.png
Umm correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what the games themselves are good for? I mean why shell out extra money when you can just turn on the TV and easily drift asleep (aside from the occasional opposing goal horn or too loud beer commercial)

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
That's awesome, man. I didn't know you were a dad.

Though obviously that's a recent development. Good to hear. More smart people need to have kids.

Thank you kindly. Yup first time dad. It's a pretty amazing experience. He's starting to smile when he sees me now which is an amazing feeling.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
"Man in the High Castle" on Amazon, I have three episodes left.

I'm at work tonight so will set score alerts on my phone. I think KCD blows up tonight for what it's worth. ;)

Wolf Without a Howl

97% Mumps Free
Jan 25, 2013
Trying to get enough people together for a game of Munchkin

Yo count me in, man.

In seriousness, it's my friend's birthday, so I'll be going out for a few drinks to celebrate with her and the rest of my friends. Doesn't make much difference as I'd have to get ****ing sloshed in order to deal with the horror of tonight's game.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
I'm down for booze and Munchkin. That's my favorite way to spend a weekend, actually.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Cant miss a chance of malkin going off and getting 5 points. Only fun person too watch, him and scuderi. Mostly funny to watch scuderi

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
My gut tells me Crosby only has 2 friends left on the team.

Seriously.. no one else wanted to stand up for him when Dubinsky cross checked him in the head. Hes probably pissed about that..

But then again.. they never stand up for Letang either. Or Maatta after he got pulverized early in the year.

I just kinda hate this team. Not sure when it happened.. but i can't get behind this group of guys any more. They ain't exactly a band of brothers.. more like a band of Madonnas. Nothing really worth getting worked up over. They ain't winning anything any time soon.. and its going to be a totally different looking group when they do.

Penguinzilla*

My gut tells me Crosby only has 2 friends left on the team.

Seriously.. no one else wanted to stand up for him when Dubinsky cross checked him in the head. Hes probably pissed about that..

But then again.. they never stand up for Letang either. Or Maatta after he got pulverized early in the year.

I just kinda hate this team. Not sure when it happened.. but i can't get behind this group of guys any more. They ain't exactly a band of brothers.. more like a band of Madonnas. Nothing really worth getting worked up over. They ain't winning anything any time soon.. and its going to be a totally different looking group when they do.

Well, Sid is probably the toughest one of the team right now.

They don't have anyone to stand up to anyone. They got rid of all their toughness when they traded Despres and Bortz.

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
Trying to get enough people together for a game of Munchkin

Drummers astound me. I have no idea how you guys do what you do. What with the legs and arms all moving in syncopation? Ridiculous. I manage to stomp my patch cord out of my guitar multiple times a show. I can't even fathom having to, like... move my legs in concert with my arms in order to move the song along. You should see me attempt to "dance."

You shouldn't be too jealous. You can swing a dead cat in any small town and hit five competent guitar players. Try replacing a good drummer.

Amazing thread!

I have three boys and a daughter. We all play Munchkin...and Space Munchkin.....and Munchkin Booty......

Also, I've played the drums for 36 years. :yo:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Drummer here as well. I'm not in a band or anything. Mostly just have time to play in church these days. I need to set up my electric set in the basement. Playing a normal kit while a 3 month baby is trying to nap doesn't make anyone happy.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I think we have enough for an online Munchkin game... that exists, right?

I have a really hard time finding players for a game. It's basically just my wife and I. Every now and again we find another person or two, but we can't find a solid 2 or 3 people to have consistent games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad