Blue Jays Discussion: Alright, we have a manager now. So it's back to patiently waiting for Vlad Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

I’m liking the M’s moves this offseason so far. Crawford+ for Segura would be another solid move.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
I'm moreso wondering if there is anything to be read into the fact that they are using Pillar of all players to tease the announcement.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
No chance they tease a player personnel move.

Probably the winter caravan or something.

The only personnel move I could see being teased with something like that would be an extension to a current player, which makes me nervous because Pillar is the one they're showing. Maybe they avoided arbitration with him or something, but most likely it'll be something really boring not related to the on-field product.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Or let's do everyone's favourite thing and read way too much into it: Pillar pointing up means they're going to announce that someone is being added to the Level of Excellence. I want to guess Gibby, but that's a stretch since he's not actually retired. So... uh... Bautista signs one of those one-day deals to retire with the Jays, announces his retirement, and the Jays announce he's being added to the Level of Excellence this year.

Actually, that would be so much fun. It'll be way more boring than that.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

I’m liking the M’s moves this offseason so far. Crawford+ for Segura would be another solid move.

Honestly that’s a light return for a 4-5 win guy with above average to elite defence at a premium position that can easily string some 20-20s in the NL East. But, I’m pretty sure his character has been called to question numerous times, and whatever frustrations he had with the Mariners likely culminated with the send off of his good friend Cano.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Honestly that’s a light return for a 4-5 win guy with above average to elite defence at a premium position that can easily string some 20-20s in the NL East. But, I’m pretty sure his character has been called to question numerous times, and whatever frustrations he had with the Mariners likely culminated with the send off of his good friend Cano.

Depends on the +. Crawford can't hit and they have to swallow Santana's contract.

We will see, im still a believer in Crawford. I have a hard time believing that his plate discipline has disappeared last year - career 327 BB to 376 Ks to go with batting left, good defense and ok base running and he hasnt turn 24 yet - 6 years of Crawford at the minimum sounds attractive to me. I would take that over a SS turning 29 who is going to get 60M over the next four years. Not saying Segura isnt good but the trade makes sense to me. Santana's contract isnt pretty but he is still a 2 WAR player and his money is gone in 2 years.

Sounds like Nicasio is going back in the deal too.

Mariners after this deal;

2019: Save 4M
2020: Take on 6M
2021: Save 14.35M
2022: Save 14.85M
----------------------
Save roughly 26-27M

Get younger, cheaper and more control. Plus they could retain on Santana and get prospect for him too. Solid switch hitter to an AL team.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Would anyone be interested in Seager from the Mariners if we could somehow unload a Morales, Martin or maybe even Tulo in a deal? Obviously with some other pieces involved.

Or is Seager a lost cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad