Blue Jays Discussion: Alright, we have a manager now. So it's back to patiently waiting for Vlad Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuck89

May 17, 2014
Prince George
David Price's teams are now 0-10 in his playoff starts.

Of all pitchers in MLB history to make 10+ playoff starts, Price is the only one that has failed to help lead his team to even a single victory.

I wonder if this whole "playoff" thing has evolved into some kind of mental block for him. Maybe seeing a sports psychologist would be helpful to him (look at the kind of turnaround Justin Smoak has had in his career after some visits to a sports psychologist).

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Is anyone feel a lot more interested in AL baseball as opposed to the NL version? I just feel like the AL has better baseball. AL has much more talent. I wonder if anyone else feels this way?

Reactions: phillipmike

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
David Price's teams are now 0-10 in his playoff starts.

Of all pitchers in MLB history to make 10+ playoff starts, Price is the only one that has failed to help lead his team to even a single victory.

I wonder if this whole "playoff" thing has evolved into some kind of mental block for him. Maybe seeing a sports psychologist would be helpful to him (look at the kind of turnaround Justin Smoak has had in his career after some visits to a sports psychologist).

I’d like to make a comment about this but I’ll let someone else do it.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Price wasn't that bad in his run with us, got really unlucky with the Goins dropped ball game and the game 6 that should have went to game 7 (fan interference KC home run, horrible strike calls on Revere, still made about it).

Reactions: phillipmike

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
:laugh:

suck it, Machado.

Also why the hell didn't he at least try to run for 1st on the ball to the backstop on the K? He just sort of sulked and figured "I'm out anyway, so why bother?"

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Lansing's roster should look really good next year.

Griffin Conine
Otto Lopez
Dom Abbadessa
Alejandro Kirk
Hagen Danner
Eric Pardinho
John Winchowski
Mc Gregory Contreras
Sean Wymer
Joey Murray
Jose Espada

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Wow, Houston blew those guys away. Cleveland can't get it done in the playoffs except that one year. I wonder what is next for Donaldson? A disastrous year for him all and all.

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015
Donaldson with a solid .091 batting average in the playoffs. His days of being a game changer are gone. EE af least batted .100

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Donaldson would be smart to sign a heavy incentive deal with an AL team. Cleveland, Boston and New York would be ideal.

But whoever loses out in Machado he might go there. Philly, can’t forget about St. Louis. Braves with AA isn’t out of the question too.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
No way of verifying this but I'd bet that Donaldson's best chance for money this off-season was behind the bridge he burned on his way out of Toronto.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
It's unfortunate - given JD's year, he most likely loses some money on his next contract, and the Jays end up getting little for him

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Glad things worked out as they did for Donaldson. Will teach him that no one is larger then the team!!!!

Good riddance.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Sorry, but management is a bunch of clowns who got 0 back for a talent like Donaldson. Thought they could compete for a 2nd wild card. Morons.

Had Donaldson not sat out all season we maybe could have contended. I wouldn't call management morons for banking on a superstar player being healthy. He was at his allstar, MVP self for the last 3 months of last season. Donaldson screwed us, refused to partake in the Jays way of rehab and because of this disagreement screwed over the Jays.

There was no reason for Jays management to not think a healthy Donaldson would keep us in the hunt this past season. Putting blame on management is false..sorry.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
The important thing is that you hate one of Donaldson or management and put 100% of the blame on one side or the other.

Certainly the most intelligent way to go about things.

Would probably push to deal Pillar given that his value has essentially plateaued, and be willing to hold onto Giles and Stroman to see if they have good starts to the season. If they have performances closer to 2017 than 2018, they both fetch significant packages.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

Would probably push to deal Pillar given that his value has essentially plateaued, and be willing to hold onto Giles and Stroman to see if they have good starts to the season. If they have performances closer to 2017 than 2018, they both fetch significant packages.

Yeah it probably won’t be a popular move with Pillar, but it’s the right one

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

Yea I think pillar will be moved if they can find some value for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->