Post-Game Talk: Almost a win...

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Drai was a beast. And as good as connor and him are together. I want them on separate lines if possible. If it has to be as Nuges winger so be it. Tired of the one line shit.

Even that one year they were good it was drai swapping from connor and nuge wings to get the line going all season long.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Wife bought me tickets tonight. As bad as this team is without McDavid, Arizona has to be the most boring team in the NHL.

I agree about hating Hitch, as well. Guy just doesn't know how to deploy guys at all.

Oilers arent even exciting themselves lolol. Hard to watch a team that cant skate pass or shoot.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
On another note, it took these geniuses 3 years to realize that Drai-RNH might be a combo worth trying. I know it was the Coyotes on the second half of a back to back but that line flat out dominated. I've never understood why McDavid always gets the best winger while RNH or Draisaitl are stuck with the leftovers then the coaches wonder why secondary scoring is so scarce.
Let McDavid carry his own line for the first time in his NHL career and give Drai or RNH the skilled winger.

It's actually infuriating that it wasn't tried until there literally wasn't any other choice.

Braindead deployment by both McLellan and Hitch. Get a few more players that can move the puck quickly and tactfully (Gagner was a great pickup in this regard, despite his slow footspeed), and a forward-thinking coach and this will be a wildcard team next year. Considering the damage done, that would be amazing to see.

Reactions: McCupofOil

JayE

Sep 24, 2016
Benning was the only guy on D who didn't look NHL calibre. First time that's been the case in awhile. Draisaitl was far and away the best player on the ice.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
It's actually infuriating that it wasn't tried until there literally wasn't any other choice.

Braindead deployment by both McLellan and Hitch. Get a few more players that can move the puck quickly and tactfully (Gagner was a great pickup in this regard, despite his slow footspeed), and a forward-thinking coach and this will be a wildcard team next year. Considering the damage done, that would be amazing to see.

McDavid-whoever (Gagner?)
RNH-Draisaitl

Doesn't that seem like a more dangerous team already? It's just common sense really.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
If these players played this hard with McDavid in the lineup, they might've won some more games.

McDavid is like a curse and a blessing. Borderline motivated players seem to think he'll provide the necessary offense.
It is really disappointing that it takes McDavid being out of the lineup to get the best efforts out of a lot of the players on this team. You’d certainly think it should be the opposite. That’s something this team needs to figure out.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
3.14% chance of playoffs

yummmmm.....
giphy.gif

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
McDavid-whoever (Gagner?)
RNH-Draisaitl

Doesn't that seem like a more dangerous team already? It's just common sense really.

I was thinking that Gagner might be a nice option on McDavid's wing for now. If they can grab a modest sniper in the offseason for the other wing with McDavid the top 6 will actually be good enough on most nights to beat the teams they will need to to get a WC spot.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
First 2 OT shooters in this one

Sam Gagner and Nick Cousins lmao

Embarrassing. We truly are bottom of the barrel

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Drai was a beast. And as good as connor and him are together. I want them on separate lines if possible. If it has to be as Nuges winger so be it. Tired of the one line ****.

Even that one year they were good it was drai swapping from connor and nuge wings to get the line going all season long.

Put RNH-Draisaitl together. It doesn’t matter who Mcdavids wingers are, he’s going to get the top defensive assignments. This way you have a skilled second line that will get easier matchups but I’m just some moron that posts on a message board so what do I know.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I was thinking that Gagner might be a nice option on McDavid's wing for now. If they can grab a modest sniper in the offseason for the other wing with McDavid the top 6 will actually be good enough on most nights to beat the teams they will need to to get a WC spot.

If they can free up some cap room, Dzingel or Silfverberg would look mighty fine on that top line. Sign one of those guys, bring in a competent 3rd line center and the forward group looks miles better all of a sudden. Big ifs though

Reactions: Oilhawks

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
3.14% chance of playoffs

yummmmm.....

never give up hope ....I think if Hitch was removed , the Oilers would go on a run...

If they undid the Manning move...they surely can undo the Hitchcock move also....

23 games to go..6 pts out game in hand 46 points possible left .....it doesn't have to be over...make the move.....

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
a GDT where where lost, but there's positivity...

WHO ARE YOU GUYS AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HFOIL?

Seeing Draisaitl play like "the guy" with McDavid out, Nuge playing well, Gagner continuing to look good, Koskinen having a good game, some depth players treading water and the D not looking like a tire fire...there could be some light at the end of the tunnel with competent GMing and coaching. That's the problem though :laugh:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Wonder if Koskinen is going for xrays tonight. Looked like Galchenyuk broke his ankles with that move he put on him in the shoot out.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Wonder if Koskinen is going for xrays tonight. Looked like Galchenyuk broke his ankles with that move he put on him in the shoot out.

Yeah...Koskinen looked pretty clunky on that goal.

That aside he really deserves credit for an overall strong game though.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad