Allvin To Date (Management Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
What’s funny, is if they traded Miller at the last deadline his extension talk wouldnt even be discussed so it takes it out of the equation and just becomes a hockey trade becuase they couldn’t lock it in till the offseason.

And that was the concern with trades in the offseason was Miller vetoing trades by not agreeing to contract extension with a team interested in him, therefor lowering his value

So stupid, they discussed this with Lebrun.
They had the most leverage last deadline.

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
Allvin stating that they're the 6th youngest team is actually such an insult to the intelligence of the fanbase.

That "6th youngest roster" never played a game together. Multiple players are in the minors from the opening penciled roster. But he is still holding onto it like a lifeline.

Such a freaking joke.

And he actually believes that Stillman was a positive acquisition for the team? Is it possible that its management who keeps asking Boudreau to dress him?

Also, no rebuild according to Freidman. What's it going to take for them to change their minds?

I'm just waiting for the announcement of Horvat being signed to an 8-year extension at 8.5 and then I might have to take a hiatus for the remainder of the season.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Allvin stating that they're the 6th youngest team is actually such an insult to the intelligence of the fanbase.

That "6th youngest roster" never played a game together. Multiple players are in the minors from the opening penciled roster. But he is still holding onto it like a lifeline.

Such a freaking joke.

And he actually believes that Stillman was a positive acquisition for the team? Is it possible that its management who keeps asking Boudreau to dress him?

Also, no rebuild according to Freidman. What's it going to take for them to change their minds?

I'm just waiting for the announcement of Horvat being signed to an 8-year extension at 8.5 and then I might have to take a hiatus for the remainder of the season.
Unless they get rid of a contract I don’t think they could afford Horvat at 8.5

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I thought you were saying maybe they’ll move Kuzmenko for positive value instead and keep Boeser.

I don't think it will be instead of, I think it could as well as depending on what Kuze wants. I think the team in the summer has to keep the thought of all of this in mind when building the team. I say this more in that I don't think this was a season they were "trying" to win. If it was I just don't see how they would have kept Bruce. Don't get me wrong I also don't think they want to move backwards.

Probably a bit rambling of an answer, to say I just think there was and still is a lot of moving parts.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
If you take them down from their QO you can’t trade them for one season I think

I haven't seen that rule in my reading around arbitration rules, but I'm not saying I didn't miss something...I'll have to read it again.

edit: Wasn't able to find anything regarding rules against trading players after arbitration rulings. :dunno:

Last edited:

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i rewrote my 'average age of team' thing to weight by ice time but now it just measures what team has the oldest goalies

here it is with goalies excluded, weighted by ice time:

Code:
Buffalo Sabres 24.73
Montréal Canadiens 26.05
Arizona Coyotes 26.06
New Jersey Devils 26.20
Columbus Blue Jackets 26.36
Ottawa Senators 26.38
Detroit Red Wings 26.39
New York Rangers 26.45
Philadelphia Flyers 27.05
Vancouver Canucks 27.06
Colorado Avalanche 27.33
Los Angeles Kings 27.36
Edmonton Oilers 27.52
Anaheim Ducks 27.58
Minnesota Wild 27.72
Florida Panthers 27.73
Winnipeg Jets 27.81
Seattle Kraken 27.96
Toronto Maple Leafs 28.10
Dallas Stars 28.28
Carolina Hurricanes 28.37
Chicago Blackhawks 28.48
Nashville Predators 28.63
New York Islanders 28.76
St. Louis Blues 28.82
San Jose Sharks 28.90
Vegas Golden Knights 28.92
Tampa Bay Lightning 29.10
Calgary Flames 29.10
Boston Bruins 29.47
Washington Capitals 30.47
Pittsburgh Penguins 30.77

methodology was to multiply ice time (in seconds) by age (in days) and then sum both for all players/games and convert back to years

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
If you take them down from their QO you can’t trade them for one season I think.

I remember that was talked about when we did it to Raymond.

There is no CBA rule preventing teams from trading Players who go through Salary Arbitration. Doesn’t matter whether the arbitration is initiated by the player or club.

A team matching a Offer Sheet is the only CBA limitation where the player can’t be traded for a year.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I'm curious, do Canucks fans who want a rebuild think that even Pettersson, Hughes and Demko should be traded?
If we started last year, no. That's a big reason why it's so disappointing that management kept the same Aquaplan of only forward, no steps back. It wouldn't have had to be a long rebuild, more like a short reload around the young core a la what Buffalo was forced to do when Eichel, Reinhart and Risto forced out and we'd have emerged 1-2 years from now refreshed with a plethora of options.

If we keep trying to force this group to contend, even for only another year after this, but we continue to just be mediocre and spin our wheels going nowhere then yes everyone needs to be traded.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I'm curious, do Canucks fans who want a rebuild think that even Pettersson, Hughes and Demko should be traded?
The problem is that the Canucks have basically fumbled away the opportunity to build around guys like Hughes, Pettersson and Demko.

That's because they've traded too many draft picks over the years and now have virtually nothing in the pipeline. In each draft, the top 64 players represent the best 18 year-olds in the world. But past decisions by Benning to
deal first, second and even third rounders for useless players, has doomed to current building plan.

Inevitably Hughes, Pettersson and Demko will close in on free agency just like Horvat, and they're going to want to go somewhere where they can win now. And that ain't in VanCity.

So the Canucks are down to a couple of options. They can either acknowledge that the current roster construction is a failure and embrace a total rebuild. Or they can bumble along like they are right now, wasting the best years of Petey, Hughes and Demko. Not a great look for Canuck fans.

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
The problem is that the Canucks have basically fumbled away the opportunity to build around guys like Hughes, Pettersson and Demko.

That's because they've traded too many draft picks over the years and now have virtually nothing in the pipeline. In each draft, the top 64 players represent the best 18 year-olds in the world. But past decisions by Benning to
deal first, second and even third rounders for useless players, has doomed to current building plan.

Inevitably Hughes, Pettersson and Demko will close in on free agency just like Horvat, and they're going to want to go somewhere where they can win now. And that ain't in VanCity.

So the Canucks are down to a couple of options. They can either acknowledge that the current roster construction is a failure and embrace a total rebuild. Or they can bumble along like they are right now, wasting the best years of Petey, Hughes and Demko. Not a great look for Canuck fans.
Our draft hits from the Benning era are like all the sperms that make it to the egg. Sure it’s all well and great that you got there but you’re all alone and without all of the others you should be with.

• Wow
Reactions: mathonwy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad