All's Fehr in Love and War (CBA & Lockout Discussion) - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crows*

@DarrenDreger: 2 days of CBA meetings end with no new proposals or progress toward a resolution. Reax in Insider Trading on Sportscentre at 6pm. #TSN

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
At least they met for 5+ hours again today. They should probably keep going, but if they're meeting again tomorrow we just gotta be dragged along on this ride from hell.

They got to get home in time to watch Thursday Night Football...

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
@DarrenDreger: 2 days of CBA meetings end with no new proposals or progress toward a resolution. Reax in Insider Trading on Sportscentre at 6pm. #TSN

Let me guess:

McKenzie: ''I am very pessimistic.''

LeBrun: ''I remain optimstic, there will be some sort of season this year.''

Dreger: ''I see no reason to be anything but pessimistic.''

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
TSN ****!!!! I am so tired of hearing Dreger and Bobby Mac be all doom and gloom and say daily that there was no progress and they think the season will be lost. Just enough already. We all know the updates, we get it, we're not stupid. It's extremely annoying to keep hearing them go on and on and state nothing but negative comments. Even if there's very little positive news, find a way to put a positive spin on it.

The coverage from the panel on the lock out has been dreadful. Lebrun is the only one worth listening to because at least he's somewhat positive.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
At least they met for 5+ hours again today. They should probably keep going, but if they're meeting again tomorrow we just gotta be dragged along on this ride from hell.

They got to get home in time to watch Thursday Night Football...

And baseball playoffs, hmm they get to watch the sports that are winning over even the most hardcore NHL fans right now with their incredibly entertaining products and respect towards their fans.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
And baseball playoffs, hmm they get to watch the sports that are winning over even the most hardcore NHL fans right now with their incredibly entertaining products and respect towards their fans.

Baseball is incredibly entertaining?

The NHL can be locked out for 10 years, I'll never turn to baseball to fill that void.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa

Exactly, let it sink in for them that MLB playoffs and NFL Thursday nighter are both pulling in 5X the ratings tonight than they normally would if tonight was opening night in the NHL. Especially with two all Canadian games, the viewership in Canada goes DIRECTLY toward their competitor.

Doesn't make any sense how they are okay with this. Bettman should be used to this by now seeing as how the NHL is #4 in popularity in the States and people in Canada are losing their ****! But oh....we'll all come back right?

Great night of sports tonight, as much as I miss the NHL and wish it was opening night tonight.....the void has been filled pretty damn good.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto

Simply having 2 days of meetings is itself a good sign. I'm sure they've at least made SOME progress on secondary issues in that time.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
Baseball is incredibly entertaining?

The NHL can be locked out for 10 years, I'll never turn to baseball to fill that void.

Well thats very ignorant, last night had two of the most entertaining finishes to any games I've seen in sports in the last 10 years. Way better than early season NHL hockey and much better than the product the NHL put out in the playoffs last year.

Give it a chance it is awesome.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
Exactly, let it sink in for them that MLB playoffs and NFL Thursday nighter are both pulling in 5X the ratings tonight than they normally would if tonight was opening night in the NHL. Especially with two all Canadian games, the viewership in Canada goes DIRECTLY toward their competitor.

Doesn't make any sense how they are okay with this. Bettman should be used to this by now seeing as how the NHL is #4 in popularity in the States and people in Canada are losing their ****! But oh....we'll all come back right?

Great night of sports tonight, as much as I miss the NHL and wish it was opening night tonight.....the void has been filled pretty damn good.

Honestly, I'd have a hard time watching hockey tonight with a Steelers and Yankees game on in prime time. Id probably pvr the Canucks and watch it later. I mean obviously it would be great to have hockey on but there's certainly more than enough to make up for it.

Nanuk23

Feb 3, 2010
NB
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl
Steve Fehr says fundamental economic issues were not discussed today. He said there are no further meetings scheduled as of now.

Nanuk23

Feb 3, 2010
NB
Lance Hornby ‏@sunhornby
Meetings done, PA says league can make a new proposal just as well as it can. Small stuff covered, no Fri. talks because of sked conflicts.

At this point if there are schedule conflicts that are preventing more discussion we really don't have much hope. This whole thing is gone nutso

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
Lance Hornby ‏@sunhornby
Meetings done, PA says league can make a new proposal just as well as it can. Small stuff covered, no Fri. talks because of sked conflicts.

At this point if there are schedule conflicts that are preventing more discussion we really don't have much hope. This whole thing is gone nutso

What the hell is the harm in submitting a proposal? Jesus H. Christ. Get your head on straight, NHLPA/NHL.

You don't get the hot girl without making a move.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl
Steve Fehr says fundamental economic issues were not discussed today. He said there are no further meetings scheduled as of now.

Who knows, maybe the CBA will actually be built on a foundation of ice conditions and massage therapy? :dunno:

Nanuk23

Feb 3, 2010
NB
Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#CBA Daly said that until two sides start tackling the major issues, there is no sense of urgency to meet and talk 24/7

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN
#CBA Bill Daly "disaPpointed" on state of negotiations, said maybe fault lies in fact two sides didn't start talking til June

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
Lance Hornby ‏@sunhornby

Scheduling conflicts?

What the hell could they have on their schedule other than negotiating a new CBA?

"Hey guys, want to meet again tomorrow?"

"Nah, I've got the lawn guy coming in tomorrow to quote my hedges. Had it scheduled way in advance; can't move it. Sorry."

Spongolium*

This is what happens when you leave the dealing down to two ego's. I seriously have no idea why there is no mediator that forces their hand

Spongolium*

Scheduling conflicts?

What the hell could they have on their schedule other than negotiating a new CBA?

"Hey guys, want to meet again tomorrow?"

"Nah, I've got the lawn guy coming in tomorrow to quote my hedges. Had it scheduled way in advance; can't move it. Sorry."

People like Fehr trying to go to the courts to block lockouts from calgary and Edmonton. It's ****ing rediculous.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Michael Grange ‏@michaelgrange
Daly - until we start talking about the broad economic issues there is no urgency to keep talking

Steve Fehr -- if we got all the major issues figured out we could do the deal in six hours #NHL #NHLPA

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
The NHL and the players' association wrapped up two days of meetings Thursday with no new proposals or significant progress towards ending the month-long lockout.

NHLPA special counsel Steve Fehr added that no further meetings are planned for Friday.

**** OFF!!!

I wish I didn't read this garbage, I don't know why I am expecting anything else. These people are absolute morons. It just becomes a bigger joke by the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
Daly - until we start talking about the broad economic issues there is no urgency to keep talking

Steve Fehr -- if we got all the major issues figured out we could do the deal in six hours #NHL #NHLPA

THAN DO IT!!!! DON'T JUST TALK ABOUT IT, ACTUALLY MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

They seriously come across like they really don't give a damn. It's sad....really sad....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad