All's Fehr in Love and War (CBA & Lockout Discussion) - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC

Fehr: still things we have to wade through, still have much to learn about NHL offer

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I don't have time to read through all of the posts and links (I hate it when real life gets in the way of surfing the web!) so can anybody tell me how quickly the NHL wants to get to the 50/50 split? Is it immediately? Over two years? What?

Thanks to whomever answers.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Aaron Ward Aaron Ward ‏@aaronward_nhl

NHLPA has called a 5 PM (Eastern) conference call for the Executive Board and the Negotiating Committee. #TSN

...is that good or bad?

That's good it means they have not outright rejected it.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Hmmm

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
NHL intends on calculating lost salary in getting to 50-50 and will pay the players back over time.

The payback to the players would occur over the balance of their contracts.

I guess this is escrow related.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Just basically saying they have alot to look at, and discuss and will get back together with them tomorrow?

Not in a position to make any comments beyond also wanting to reach an agreement, but he needs to talk to the players about it, and take a closer look.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Michael Grange ‏@michaelgrange

Key move by #NHL ... League needed to take chance to get process moving. 50/50 with salaries preserved puts ball in players court. #NHLPA

I don't think Fehr can reject this right off the bat.
He'll say we're gonna take a look at it.

I think this will be his reaction. While he cannot reject it outright (As others have said - it would be absolutely off the grid stupid) he does have the right to say that the players should have a closer look.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Owners did a great job of throwing the ball at the PA. With the PA all about saying the owners aren't willing to work.... this is a gutsy offer. The average fan will scream it's fair and it's all on the players now.

Interesting psychological play....

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Dreger's trying to explain the lost salary protection thing, but I'm not getting it, can someone explain it to me like I'm 5?

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
Hmmm

NHL intends on calculating lost salary in getting to 50-50 and will pay the players back over time.

The payback to the players would occur over the balance of their contracts.

I guess this is escrow related.

interesting. It may work depending on how they plan on paying the players back.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I don't have time to read through all of the posts and links (I hate it when real life gets in the way of surfing the web!) so can anybody tell me how quickly the NHL wants to get to the 50/50 split? Is it immediately? Over two years? What?

Thanks to whomever answers.

immedeatly to 50-50 and syat at 50-50. Mechanism in place to address players lost salary due to escrow in year one. Spreading it out over term of deal..

MaskedSonja

Feb 3, 2007
Formerly Tinalera
Fehr: ''improvement in some aspects, in others...not sure.''

Don't like that language-"improvements" in SOME areas?

I realize you don't outright anything, just say "we'll look at it", but I hope this is just posturing, because I think if the players refuse this-they aren't going to see anything like it again, and the fans will be furious.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Owners did a great job of throwing the ball at the PA. With the PA all about saying the owners aren't willing to work.... this is a gutsy offer. The average fan will scream it's fair and it's all on the players now.

Interesting psychological play....

From what I've read of this offer it does represent a serious shift on the NHL side. I'm really curious - what was that one thing changing the owners' minds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino