All's Fehr in Love and War (CBA & Lockout Discussion) - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKopitar11*

Its an honorable proposal. You have to be a legitimate scum bags to not accept

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I think this could be it. Could be the end.

How? The PA has spent weeks telling us they ''won't take less than what they are getting now (57%).''

7 percentage of points of HRR is huge, there is no way the PA accepts this now unless they were just trolling us all with their stance.

For those wondering how they would do the sched: 1 extra game every 5 weeks.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Save the season. Make the deal. Start next Saturday.

Reject it and your hated by everyone.

Acesolid

The Illusive Bettman
Sep 21, 2010
Québec
Renaud P Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
NHL made an offer to save a 82 game season. 50/50 split of HRR.

I knew it, the pressure is on the players now.

Wow! That's a surprisingly good offer!

Here's what I think:

If this doesn't cause the NHLPA to at least hold a meeting, or submit a very compromising counter-offer in the owner's direction, the entire season will be lost.

I mean... 50/50 was pretty much always the ''expected'' deal between the NHL and the Players.

If the Players aren't willing to move their offer at all after the owners went half-way to a deal AND offered to save the entire season at the last second..... well I dont see how there can be a season.

Doobz89

Apr 12, 2011
If this is turned down there will be no season and the players should be called out and villified.
Agreed. Take it and run!

I was on the players' side to start, but if they turn this down, all bets are off.

This could save the season. You don't walk away from this.

Tack on some revenue sharing, add an expansion team, and drop the puck.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Need more details before we can formulate an opinion here. For all we know, it could be 50/50 year 1 (something the NHLPA has made clear they won't accept), with further reductions year over year until its 57/43 owners.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Good for the owners. I seriously didn't think they had it in them.

My one question: 50/50 based on which definition of HRR?

That's probably the one thing the PA is going to respond to.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC

Bettman will not go into how escrow would work. HRR drop from 57 to 50 would mean this issue must be addressed.

Leafs12232

Feb 23, 2012
I love it ... the PA is painted into a corner now !

The players have to take an immediate 7% cut when revenues have nearly doubled? No thank, this offer is tossed.

And frankly, with all the growth, we no longer need a salary cap.

- Signed,
D. Fehr

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Need more details before we can formulate an opinion here. For all we know, it could be 50/50 year 1, with further reductions year over year until its 57/43 owners.

50-50 across the table per Lavoie and Dreger. 6-year CBA, 50-50 in every year.

Bingo Sens

Behind Enemy Lines
Jul 10, 2007
Toronto
great move if the deal checks out, NHL should have the fans on its side and the NHLPA is forced to do something. 50/50, fair is fair.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
In the last offer on September 12th, the NHL offered 49% the first year, with it decreasing to 47% by the end of the proposal.

This is really not that different.

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver
50/50 split is what everybody thought the deal was going to be months ago. players would be STUPID not to take it now when the other option is losing money they will never get back

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I'm not optimistic. If its 50-50 this season I don't see the PA accepting. What I hope it does is cause the PA to counter with their own proposal with linkage back in it and a system to get to 50-50 in a few years.

KingKopitar11*

How? The PA has spent weeks telling us they ''won't take less than what they are getting now (57%).''

7 percentage of points of HRR is huge, there is no way the PA accepts this now unless they were just trolling us all with their stance.

For those wondering how they would do the sched: 1 extra game every 5 weeks.

All talk. They know they won't get that. They just wanted to push for a much better deal. They got it. I think this is it.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
50-50 across the table per Lavoie and Dreger. 6-year CBA, 50-50 in every year.

Thanks for the info. Didn't think the NHL would put their "end-goal" offer on the table this early into the lockout. Balls in NHLPA's court, indeed.

Need to see what the NHL offered in terms of revenue sharing. Fehr and his contingent were very adamant that reducing the players share alone doesn't target the well-being of the struggling teams as much as it helps stuff the coffers of the big market owners.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
The players have to take an immediate 7% cut when revenues have nearly doubled? No thank, this offer is tossed.

And frankly, with all the growth, we no longer need a salary cap.

- Signed,
D. Fehr

Ya try and sell that to the fans ..... The NHL will totally hold the high ground now.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
In the last offer on September 12th, the NHL offered 49% the first year, with it decreasing to 47% by the end of the proposal.

This is really not that different.

There's the problem. Is it 50/50 for the first year and reductions after that? That is something the PA will not agree to.

50/50 for the duration of the CBA (Please make it a 10 year deal!) would be better and put the PA in a more difficult spot.

copperandblue

Sep 15, 2003
Visit site
It should at minimum give the players an opening that allows them to accelerate talks into something with actual meaning.

That's what the two sides were looking for, right? A traction point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad