All-Time Wrestling Draft

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
My fault everyone. I worked and then my phone was on airplane mode because I was filming/editing with a buddy. Long story but my buddy owns a HIIT gym and we've been filming some stuff and editing to keep his business going.

edit: I PM'd @The Mighty Duck Man :) Thank you all for being amazing human beings and patient. Work week is done so my eyes are on this bad boy.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
For the sake of time, first off people should read what time zone we were operating under rather than assuming and then complaining. At the time the rules laid out in the pick thread said that we were under Atlantic standard time. Second, by my understanding of the rules The Mighty Duck Man had until 12PM AST to make a pick, not 4PM. Colepens' time expired at 8, leaving four hours left in the window until the time freeze at 12. The clock would start again at 8 and go until 12 for a total of eight hours. By my understanding now GKJ has until 3:22 EST to make a pick.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
::Music playing (Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am- stuck in the middle with you)::

@JackSlater , while we await ColePens pick (Ludvig Borga?), I just want to say what a pleasure it is being your draft neighbor once again. Of course I would liked to have faced off against a certain COwaRd this year but let's not worry about the missing children.

@OmniSens and I say this in a good way, it's good to have what I believe would be my most bothersome competition in drafting as my neighbor.

@HandsomeHollywood dear friend, I'm tellin ya now, don't even try and sass me with forced heat like last year! Squash that bull shit before it starts!

::Sniifffff:: lots of new meat this year...

If you're done sniffing meat, I'll inform you that I look forward to seeing if you can top your first pick last year. There are several unsavoury elements I'm happy to forget about from the previous draft but that velvety smooth pick is one to remember.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
"6. There will be an 8 hour limit for every pick (clock stops between 12AM and 8AM EST)." 2020 Wrestling ATD - Picks Only

Agreed. JS, please read the pick thread which says the time zone is ET rather than assuming and complaining. If everyone pmed one name to the person that picks after them we could make some process. They can't take your pick, because they pick after you.
The timezone originally said AST. I edited the rule last night after saying I was switching to EST.
As for 4pm for some reason I had 12 noon in my head for the clock start time. Just some starting hiccups.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elvis P

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The timezone originally aid AST. I edited the rule last night after saying I was switching to EST.
As for 4pm for some reason I had 12 noon in my head for the clock start time. Just some starting hiccups.

It is typical EST behaviour to blindly assume that all times are EST even when it is explicitly stated otherwise, and then complain. Sad. As a rare AST person I was surprised to note that it was in Atlantic time. I thought that CHGoalie27 would be the only person to make such a mistake this time, but I guess he's saving his big mistakes for when he makes his first pick.

Reactions: HandsomeHollywood

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
I'm honestly somewhat surprised to see Austin and Michaels go #1 and #2 this year.

I mean, they usually do. But for whatever reason I was thinking it might be different this year.

Reactions: ColePens

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
The Rock going third is good to see, and a little different.

FYI to all, the rules have been updated to include the celebrity rule clarification using past draft precedence.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Rock was one of the three guys I had my eyes on for my first pick. I was glad to get Michaels at 3 last year, but then I realized how hard it is to come up with a fresh matchup for him... and struggled to come up with anything good.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The top 1-5 picks are just insane... because if you take Austin you have a bad ass who was probably larger than any wrestler in the world. If you take HBK - you can literally steal votes with just whatever match he's in.

But if you are @GKJ and you get Rock... you can legit have the most charismatic person of all time and Rocky alone on a card could get votes.

Reactions: theedge9
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I'm honestly somewhat surprised to see Austin and Michaels go #1 and #2 this year.

I mean, they usually do. But for whatever reason I was thinking it might be different this year.

I figured Austin was going 1st and agonized between HBK and The Rock and one or two others. So many great choices up top and I don't think there are many wrong answers.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
If you're done sniffing meat, I'll inform you that I look forward to seeing if you can top your first pick last year. There are several unsavoury elements I'm happy to forget about from the previous draft but that velvety smooth pick is one to remember.
The Dream is not to be insulted, he's currently the best in the ring and on the mic.

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
I like the great Lesnar pick :thumbu: (I may not have had the guts to pick him 5th) and a different top 5 than last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: theedge9

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
It is typical EST behaviour to blindly assume that all times are EST even when it is explicitly stated otherwise, and then complain. Sad. As a rare AST person I was surprised to note that it was in Atlantic time. I thought that CHGoalie27 would be the only person to make such a mistake this time, but I guess he's saving his big mistakes for when he makes his first pick.
And make no mistake, the world revolves around EST. She said so herself.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

I'm not. However I do think things will be notably different, which is both good and bad depending on who one might be targeting. I think the change in the wrestling landscape (which factors in every year) along with some new participants in the draft will bring some surprises. @CHGoalie27 reaches :laugh:, maybe not, but we'll have to wait and see.

The Rock going third is good to see, and a little different.

FYI to all, the rules have been updated to include the celebrity rule clarification using past draft precedence.

Rock was one of the three guys I had my eyes on for my first pick. I was glad to get Michaels at 3 last year, but then I realized how hard it is to come up with a fresh matchup for him... and struggled to come up with anything good.

Yes, very surprised to see The Rock going there. Actually a bit scary too since it's @GKJ . Now I'm wondering what his plan is.

The top 1-5 picks are just insane... because if you take Austin you have a bad ass who was probably larger than any wrestler in the world. If you take HBK - you can literally steal votes with just whatever match he's in.

But if you are @GKJ and you get Rock... you can legit have the most charismatic person of all time and Rocky alone on a card could get votes.

While there are some general perceptions, I think some people do have their own personal favorites. I don't even like CM Punk as much as most do, but the nice thing about our drafts is that I've grown to appreciate a lot of guys I didn't as much in the past. It also forces me to be creative differently because I've never drafted him before and hadn't given it much thought before.

Reactions: ColePens

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I like the great Lesnar pick :thumbu: (I may not have had the guts to pick him 5th) and a different top 5 than last year.

I hope you guys have a "once you're skipped, you're skipped until you pick" rule, because OmniSens hasn't been on since Thursday and if we have to waste half a pick day (16 hours) every round for him it won't be fun.

Yeah, Lesnar is another interesting pick. Once again I'm curious to see how he's going to be used.

Yes, if he misses his pick then he's continually picked until he's back on.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017

I hope you guys have a "once you're skipped, you're skipped until you pick" rule, because OmniSens hasn't been on since Thursday and if we have to waste half a pick day (16 hours) every round for him it won't be fun.
In previous years the way it's been run is that if you're skipped, the order keeps going. When the skipped person returns they've been allowed to just make a pick, but the picks made after they were skipped are set in stone. After 8 hours Omnisens would be skipped, but when he returns he's not entitled to another 8 hour window.

That's how it was handled in previous drafts by Cutter. If people want it changed and there's enough support, it can change.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
In previous years the way it's been run is that if you're skipped, the order keeps going. When the skipped person returns they've been allowed to just make a pick, but the picks made after they were skipped are set in stone. After 8 hours Omnisens would be skipped, but when he returns he's not entitled to another 8 hour window.

That's how it was handled in previous drafts by Cutter. If people want it changed and there's enough support, it can change.

So by "when he returns" you mean when he returns and AFTER he's finally made the pick, which would be applicable to his 2nd round pick, right? Because if it's a matter of him going over 8 hours, a few people pick, he's back and says he's going to pick shortly and still gets another 8 hours for his first round pick then I would think we'd need to change that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad