All-Time Wrestling Draft

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Greetings all,

Seeing as most of us presumably have a lot more time on our hands and doing a lot more staying at home, a few of us have been thinking about having this year's edition of the all-time wrestling draft. This thread is to measure interest. I have messaged our previous leader Chris Cutter to see if he was up for it but I have now voluntarily taken the reigns with CC's blessing, for this edition at least. I will be running it the same as previous ones.
If you're interested, let it be known here in this thread.

Start date FRIDAY APRIL 10TH 12PM
Draft Order on THURSDAY APRIL 9TH

2020 Draft Order:

1. ColePens
2. The Mighty Duck Man
3. GKJ
4. les Habs
5. theedge9
6. OmniSens
7. CHgoalie27
8. JackSlater
9. Kaner9
10. GongShowWilly
11. HandsomeHollywood
12. Natey
13. BostonBob
14. Bogart

Links to previous drafts
Rules
1. One wrestler, all gimmicks. i.e If you pick Mick Foley, you get all of his gimmicks (Mankind, Dude Love, Cactus Jack, etc)
2. The goal is to make the best card possible with your roster.
3. This will be 25 rounds. If you want to complete your card with unpicked wrestlers, there will be a free agency phase.
4. There will be a tournament to determine the winner.
5. You can pick a tag team but you have to forfeit your upcoming pick to do so. You must use the team on your card also. E.g. Two Man Power Trip (Stone Cold & HHH would have to be used them together, not seperately).
5. b) You may select a 3 man tag team provided they have been explicitly referred to as a 3-man tag team as per the classic 3 man team rule. To select a 3-man team, you must forfeit your subsequent two draft picks.
6. There will be a 8 hour limit for every pick. (clock stops between 12AM and 8AM EST)
7. Trades are allowed but picks can't be involved since it would complicate the process.
8. You must PM the poster after you once you've made your pick.
9. This is a snake draft.
10. Match types count as picks and they are limited
11. Celebrities who have been involved with wrestling are fair game. They must have appeared in wrestling. Only celebrities who have wrestled are eligible to be booked as wrestlers however. Otherwise they can be booked in non wrestling roles.
Example of previous head-to-head

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
In.

Just remind me of the rules, etc. Are we making cards after - or just drafting our favourites/the best?

Reactions: les Habs

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Nice, my first draft was around this time of year and given the state of things at the moment this should be a quality diversion.

Time to take out the trash.

TakeOutTrash.png

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
In.

Just remind me of the rules, etc. Are we making cards after - or just drafting our favourites/the best?
Yeah I'll have the official thread up soon after we're done the sign up phase. All the rules and everything will be right there, as well as links to previous drafts.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Hah, I created the first Wrestling ATD on this board but admittedly I came up with a pretty stupid rule - gimmicks could be drafted. 3 Faces of Foley, Stone Cold & Ringmaster etc..

It was an ambitious concept that ended up falling flat. Was worth the attempt at the time I guess!

I had no idea you guys were still doing this years later. Good to see.

Last edited:

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
I'm interested what do we do with the wrestlers that get picked?
The objective is to put together the best PPV card you can. Create match ups with the wrestlers you draft. Then the PPV cards go head to head in a tournament of user voting rounds.

Some people recreate wrestlers with new characters, some use them as is. Some include storyline write ups, some don't. Here are the rules from the previous drafts via Cutter:

1. One wrestler, all gimmicks. i.e If you pick Mick Foley, you get all of his gimmicks (Mankind, Dude Love, Cactus Jack, etc)
3. This will be 20 rounds. If you want to complete your card with unpicked wrestlers, you can.*
5. You can pick a tag team but you have to forfeit your upcoming pick to do so. You must use the team on your card also. E.g. Power Trip (Stone Cold & HHH would have to be used them together, not seperately).
6. There will be a 8 hour limit for every pick. (clock stops between 12AM and 8AM)
7. Trades are allowed but picks can't be involved since it would complicate the process.

*This rule will be worked on to provide more clarity in regards to the end of the draft and free agency.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaner9

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The objective is to put together the best PPV card you can. Create match ups with the wrestlers you draft. Then the PPV cards go head to head in a tournament of user voting rounds.

Some people recreate wrestlers with new characters, some use them as is. Some include storyline write ups, some don't. Here are the rules from the previous drafts via Cutter:

3. This will be 20 rounds. If you want to complete your card with unpicked wrestlers, you can.
5. You can pick a team but you have to forfeit your upcoming pick to do so. You must use the team on your card also. E.g. Power Trip (Stone Cold & HHH would have to be used them together, not seperately).
6. There will be a 8 hour limit for every pick. (clock stops between 12AM and 8AM)
What match types count as picks? Like gimmick matches? Not like regular triple threat, 4-way, etc?

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
What match types count as picks? Like gimmick matches? Not like regular triple threat, 4-way, etc?
Yeah gimmicks. Hell in a Cell, steel cage, iron man, No DQ/Hardcore, ladder, TLC, etc.

Multi man normal matches and things like 2/3 falls generally are fair game without needing to be drafted. Same with battle Royals.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
After competing in this draft the previous three years I have to bow out for this year.

I work in an emergency department in a hospital and am working 50-60 hours a week. I just do not have the time this year.

Best of luck to everyone involved. This draft is always so much fun and I will be watching from afar.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
8 is the minimum number to do this, so this is a great turn out.
I will leave this thread up over WrestleMania weekend and look at a start date on Monday that we can agree on. Anyone who signs up between now and then is a bonus and still welcomed aboard.

Reactions: Kaner9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad