All-Time Wrestling Draft - Deadline for cards on August 11th

Would you like to participate?

• Total voters

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Also having another year of teams sounds cool to mix things up a bit.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
You vs frank caliendo should be a great match
The disrespect...

Stone-Cold-Stunnerd.gif

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
We'd be over my projected number of 16 participants. There are two options to test out for now, either we do the format where we get a couple of triple threats (3 way) in the opening round or if some would like to pair up with another poster, it's the other option!

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
We'd be over my projected number of 16 participants. There are two options to test out for now, either we do the format where we get a couple of triple threats (3 way) in the opening round or if some would like to pair up with another poster, it's the other option!
I'm for either option. I'd rather stay solo.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Considering we have 19 participants if I'm not mistaken, say we get one more we could have two draft groups of ten each. Then have a "group stage" where everyone votes for their 8 favorite cards from that group. Then you could seed cards based on pick order or just randomize them. Then after that you have brackets? That way you don't have to mess with teams or triple threats.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
if there are too many people maybe have "champions/previous winners" have a BYE on the first round.
i dont like the triple treat idea.
(i dont mind the team idea)
(im also not playing. just giving ideas lol)

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
Considering we have 19 participants if I'm not mistaken, say we get one more we could have two draft groups of ten each. Then have a "group stage" where everyone votes for their 8 favorite cards from that group. Then you could seed cards based on pick order or just randomize them. Then after that you have brackets? That way you don't have to mess with teams or triple threats.
This is what we did 2 years ago and it worked pretty well.
I'm pretty much for any format that makes it easier on Cutter.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I have no problem at all with a triple threat or two. I'll volunteer to be in one if the time comes. I'd prefer to not do two pools though, at least unless the number of people goes up by a fair bit. I prefer bigger rounds so that you actually have to plan picks out more and dig a bit deeper later on. In the end though it does come down to whatever the so-called Tomas Tatahhh wants and that's fine.

Reactions: Morozov

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
This is what we did 2 years ago and it worked pretty well.
I'm pretty much for any format that makes it easier on Cutter.

I remember the picks portion, but not the voting phase. I assume you had 16 participants then? Either way I think it makes sense for a few reasons:

• It's fair as everyone is subject to the same scenario/rules, not some with triple threat while others are not or some team cards and some solo cards.
  • Picks shouldn't take as long (though make no mistake, I'm in this for the long haul if it's just one group) and hopefully would "flow" better.
  • Should be pretty easy to manage.

Anyway, just a suggestion and this is @Tomas Tatahhh 's draft if you ask me so I'll go along with whatever.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I have no problem at all with a triple threat or two. I'll volunteer to be in one if the time comes. I'd prefer to not do two pools though, at least unless the number of people goes up by a fair bit. I prefer bigger rounds so that you actually have to plan picks out more and dig a bit deeper later on. In the end though it does come down to whatever the so-called Tomas Tatahhh wants and that's fine.

Yeah, that's one drawback for me. I think it makes it easier on my opponents. ;) If we could get a few more guys, and we probably could, maybe it turns out like last year. We're missing one guy from last year if I'm not mistaken and while I don't post here a ton there seem to be plenty of regulars who might be persuaded to join up.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I remember the picks portion, but not the voting phase. I assume you had 16 participants then? Either way I think it makes sense for a few reasons:

• It's fair as everyone is subject to the same scenario/rules, not some with triple threat while others are not or some team cards and some solo cards.
  • Picks shouldn't take as long (though make no mistake, I'm in this for the long haul if it's just one group) and hopefully would "flow" better.
  • Should be pretty easy to manage.

Anyway, just a suggestion and this is @Tomas Tatahhh 's draft if you ask me so I'll go along with whatever.

It was two pools of 11 and there was a voting phase where only the cards that received the most votes advanced to a one on one stage. The year before there were 20 participants and I believe that there was a similar stage where cards were placed into a pool and the top cards advanced to a one on one stage.

I am much more interested in the draft aspect than the voting aspect. A pool of 9 seems too small to me. The pools of 11 seemed too small as it was very easy to load up on main event talent, and the number of quality wrestlers only goes up by the year.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I am much more interested in the draft aspect than the voting aspect. A pool of 9 seems too small to me. The pools of 11 seemed too small as it was very easy to load up on main event talent, and the number of quality wrestlers only goes up by the year.

Same here, but I also prefer to have my own card and since we do the voting/rounds thing I just think it's best if we're on the same playing field.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

@M.C.G. 31 is out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad