All-Time Nemesis team?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
By the OP yes. But you guys failed to mention him due to not following the team during the time period where he did what I mentioned. I was at the one game when Francis went down. I saw first hand the horror.

Maybe the smoke got in your eyes there, Cheech, but it's pretty clear that Dave was looking to *add* people to his list - nominees in addition to who he's outlined. Once somebody's on the list they don't need to be added multiple times.

Oh, here's a couple nominees:

Jim Rutherford
Falls of Neuse Rd

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
i cannot believe you youngsters havent watched the team long enough to mention marty brodeur. fans like bluedevil probably only remember him from his st louis days, if they were canes fans when brodeur was on the devils he would be number 1 on this list, easy

bluedevil58*

Maybe the smoke got in your eyes there, Cheech, but it's pretty clear that Dave was looking to *add* people to his list - nominees in addition to who he's outlined. Once somebody's on the list they don't need to be added multiple times. Now go toddle along and play in traffic, m'kay?

My opinion still stands. I am clearly in the right here. The reason you are resorting to personal attacks is because I just called you out.

bluedevil58*

i cannot believe you youngsters havent watched the team long enough to mention marty brodeur. fans like bluedevil probably only remember him from his st louis days, if they were canes fans when brodeur was on the devils he would be number 1 on this list, easy

He was only responsible for 1 playoff exit. Past that the team pretty much owned him in the playoffs through he Hurricanes history.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Seems like Ryan Malone scored on us every game for awhile. Boone Jenner is a more recent one. All anecdotal remembrances.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I don’t think his hit on Cole during the 2009 ECF was overly egregious, but I nominate Matt Cooke, because he’s Matt Cooke.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015

To be honest I don't view Brodeur as a nemesis. We were just to good against him in the playoffs and I enjoyed watching him struggle against our team. We found a way to always light him up during the playoffs. Brodeur himself might view the Canes has his own personal nemesis though haha.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
If it was a game vs 18 skaters with no career nhl goals and a goalie with his first career start, the score line would be 18-0 with 50 saves for numbnuts.

You seriously read my mind...I was thinking the EXACT same thing...:help:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Not sure he'd qualify as a full-fledged Canes killer, but Johan Helberg always seemed to have some great games against us.

Hedberg, you mean? After we ditched Gerber, I always kind of hoped we'd pick up Moose as our backup. I think he'd easily have been better than just about any of the rogue's gallery of Ward backups we've had since then (maybe aside from Legace and Dobby)

bluedevil58*

I recall Jose Theodore ripping us a new one in almost every game during the regular season one year.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Hedberg, you mean? After we ditched Gerber, I always kind of hoped we'd pick up Moose as our backup. I think he'd easily have been better than just about any of the rogue's gallery of Ward backups we've had since then (maybe aside from Legace and Dobby)

That I do, the l and d keys are too close together...wait :laugh:

Anyway, put a chart together based on the top 15 from the criteria WTF used. Shows the total number of games played against the Canes and the amount of games that fit the criteria.

mbCfqda.png

Not a perfect comparison, the younger goalies have probably played more of the bad Canes teams over the past few years, but interesting nonetheless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad