All-time Draft #7 sign-up

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
One way balances out the newbie distribution

the other way loads up one conference with rookie g.m.s

That is a valid point. I still prefer random using drafting position as opposed to using team name. Maybe this time we could stratigically swap a couple GM's to even it out :dunno:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
This way has rookie g.m.s in every division, balanced between conferences. It also results in an all-Canadian conference and an all-American conference, with a european team exception in each conference.

The #7 All-time Draft

The Jim Coleman Conference

Don Cherry Division:

BM67 - New Jersey Devils
Evil Speaker - Boston Bruins
Evil Sather - New York Rangers
reckoning - Buffalo Sabres
John Flyers Fan - Philadelphia Flyers
MXD - Miami Screaming Eagles
Wisent - Adler Mannheim

Foster Hewitt Division:

kruezer - Seattle Metropolitans
HankyFourFingers - Portland Buckaroos
VanIslander - Las Vegas Thunder
Nalyd Psycho - St. Louis Eagles
EagleBelfour - Detroit Falcons
Spitfire11 - Detroit Red Wings
Pwnasaurus - Kansas City Scouts

The Red Fisher Conference

Jim Robson Division:

The Lone Elvi - Vancouver Canucks
pitseleh - Nanaimo Clippers
God Bless Canada - Trail Smoke Eaters
Murphy2 - Edmonton Oilers
Brett_Lebda - Saskatoon Blues
pnep - Siberian Bears
vancityluongo - ?????

Bob Cole Division:

#66 - Les A's de Quebec
Hockey Outsider - Montreal Canadiens
raleh - Montreal Maroons
Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
pappyline - Barrie Flyers
arrbez - Aurora Tigers
LapierreSports -Montreal Wanderers
Boston would be in the Don Cherry division (how apt!), playing against Boston opponents NY, NJ, Buffalo Philly. etcetera with other divisional rivalries.

Such natural rivalries are easy (and fun) to keep track of. You can remember easily who you're up against! I was gonna do divisional analyses after 5,10, 15 rounds.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'm fine with anything but I am going into this season looking to relocate. Le Colisee is outdated and Les A's is having problems with government officials over the funding for a new arena.

So in the end the divisions might have to be realligned...

shawnmullin

Jul 20, 2005
Swift Current
I was giving thought to this, and I know that now it'd be too late to institute for THIS draft.

But do you all feel that perhaps there's so much interest developping for the all-time draft that by next time we may have to do two of them?

I know that seems strange, but 28 teams this time with interest developping from other sources everytime.

In theory if you did two drafts it could lead to a collision of the winners... I dunno if this is a crazy idea or not. Again it's not sour grapes because it couldn't happen now anyway (at least I don't think so) but at what point is the interest going to outweight what the draft can handle?

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I think my division get the "Group of Death Award" this time around. Two semi-finalists from the last draft (myself and Elvi), and two quarter-finalists (Murphy2 and pit). Last time I felt there was a definite drop-off in my division after Trail and Nanaimo. Not this time.

I love that Nanaimo is back in my conference. I'm looking forward to renewing the hostilities that started in last year's playoffs. I also love having Murphy2 in my division. You can expect a lot of spirited games between Trail and Edmonton. Elvi's always among the draft leaders in talk, so expect a lot of that if Trail and Vancouver meet in the playoffs.

Lebda's a nice addition to our conference. Expect some good battles between the draft's two Sask-based GMs. pnep makes for an interesting addition, simply because he's a system-based GM, with his HHOF rankings, and there are a lot of GMs in this division who throw stats and records out the window, and focus on character, experience and team concept. It's the ultimate division for pnep to be in. Don't know much about VanCityLuongo, but you can be sure that the teams in this conference will look forward to initiating him.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
I'm still mildly confused about how winners/matchups are determined. If it is then opened to main board HF votes and such shouldn't Lidstrom go before Orr, etc...extreme example but just saying...wouldn't modern players have a greater effect on outcome as most on the main boards prob don't know who Sprague Cleghorn is. Just sayin.

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
I think my division get the "Group of Death Award" this time around. Two semi-finalists from the last draft (myself and Elvi), and two quarter-finalists (Murphy2 and pit). Last time I felt there was a definite drop-off in my division after Trail and Nanaimo. Not this time.

I love that Nanaimo is back in my conference. I'm looking forward to renewing the hostilities that started in last year's playoffs. I also love having Murphy2 in my division. You can expect a lot of spirited games between Trail and Edmonton. Elvi's always among the draft leaders in talk, so expect a lot of that if Trail and Vancouver meet in the playoffs.

Lebda's a nice addition to our conference. Expect some good battles between the draft's two Sask-based GMs. pnep makes for an interesting addition, simply because he's a system-based GM, with his HHOF rankings, and there are a lot of GMs in this division who throw stats and records out the window, and focus on character, experience and team concept. It's the ultimate division for pnep to be in. Don't know much about VanCityLuongo, but you can be sure that the teams in this conference will look forward to initiating him.

No kidding, it's shaping up to be one tough conference and already we have Bobby Orr to deal with..........:help:

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
I'm still mildly confused about how winners/matchups are determined. If it is then opened to main board HF votes and such shouldn't Lidstrom go before Orr, etc...extreme example but just saying...wouldn't modern players have a greater effect on outcome as most on the main boards prob don't know who Sprague Cleghorn is. Just sayin.

We do the voting exclusively within the people involved in the draft (or in some cases people who have been involved in the draft in the past).

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
I will never, ever vote in favour of allowing the Tweedle Dums that populate the main board to vote on who wins our draft. Most of those buffoons are clueless about hockey and its rich history. A lot of guys put too much work and effort in this draft to allow it to be spoiled.

The GMs of this draft are the elite of the elite on HF Boards. We are more than capable of picking a winner. We voted to determine the division seeding (you couldn't vote on your own division), and we voted on our playoff winners. (You couldn't vote on your own series, and the series whose winner you would face). It worked great.

I see no need to allow anyone outside of this draft (unless it was a panel of experts agreed to be draft GMs) any sway in determining the outcome.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I will never, ever vote in favour of allowing the Tweedle Dums that populate the main board to vote on who wins our draft. Most of those buffoons are clueless about hockey and its rich history. A lot of guys put too much work and effort in this draft to allow it to be spoiled.

Agreed. If the masses were going to be doing the voting the entire draft strategy would change.

Luongo who has never played a minute of playoff action would be worth more than Glenn Hall, Johnny Bower, Turk Broda and Ken Dryden combined.

Marc Savard and Dany Briere would become 2nd or 3rd round selections and Jordan Staal and Evgeni Malkin would be far better picks than Max Bentley and Gilbert Perreault.

Wear your elitism with pride. :D

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
We learn by facing challenges, not shortcuts.

I'm a "rookie", and the main point for getting in this draft was to learn. I am in what seems to be a challenging division, and frankly, couldn't ask better.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad