All-time Draft #7 sign-up

BM67

Mar 5, 2002
In "The System"
Visit site
It's time to get this underway. I'll start the draft thread on the night of the 21st.

Draft order

1 The Lone Elvi - Vancouver Canucks
2 LapierreSports - Montreal Wanderers
3 Nalyd Psycho - St. Louis Eagles
4 Wisent - Adler Mannheim
5 Hockey Outsider - Montreal Canadiens
6 pnep - Siberian Bears
7 MXD - Miami Screaming Eagles
8 reckoning - Buffalo Sabres
9 shawnmullin - Las Vegas Thunder
10 Spitfire11 - Detroit Red Wings
11 Evil Sather - New York Rangers
12 arrbez - Aurora Tigers
13 Evil Speaker - Boston Bruins
14 Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
15 Brett_Lebda - Saskatoon Blues
16 vancityluongo - Winnipeg Jets
17 HankyFourFingers - Portland Buckaroos
18 Murphy2 - Edmonton Oilers
19 BM67 - New Jersey Devils
20 God Bless Canada - Trail Smoke Eaters
21 EagleBelfour - Detroit Falcons
22 raleh - Montreal Maroons
23 kruezer - Seattle Metropolitans
24 pappyline - Barrie Flyers
25 John Flyers Fan - Philadelphia Flyers
26 Pwnasaurus - Kansas City Scouts
27 #66 - Les A's de Quebec
28 pitseleh - Nanaimo Clippers

29 pitseleh - Nanaimo Clippers
30 #66 - Les A's de Quebec
31 Pwnasaurus - Kansas City Scouts
32 John Flyers Fan - Philadelphia Flyers
33 pappyline - Barrie Flyers
34 kruezer - Seattle Metropolitans
35 raleh - Montreal Maroons
36 EagleBelfour - Detroit Falcons
37 God Bless Canada - Trail Smoke Eaters
38 BM67 - New Jersey Devils
39 Murphy2 - Edmonton Oilers
40 HankyFourFingers - Portland Buckaroos
41 vancityluongo - Winnipeg Jets
42 Brett_Lebda - Saskatoon Blues
43 Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
44 Evil Speaker - Boston Bruins
45 arrbez - Aurora Tigers
46 Evil Sather - New York Rangers
47 Spitfire11 - Detroit Red Wings
48 shawnmullin - Las Vegas Thunder
49 reckoning - Buffalo Sabres
50 MXD - Miami Screaming Eagles
51 pnep - Siberian Bears
52 Hockey Outsider - Montreal Canadiens
53 Wisent - Adler Mannheim
54 Nalyd Psycho - St. Louis Eagles
55 LapierreSports - Montreal Wanderers
56 The Lone Elvi - Vancouver Canucks

Last edited:

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
After much deliberation, I have come to the conclussion that my team shall be....

The St. Louis Eagles

StLouisEagleslogo.png

Last edited:

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I`ll take the Buffalo Sabres again.

If I'm in the same division again as BM, Speaker, Murray and Raleh....it's not going to be easy.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
I would LOVE to be in this one. please please please please please. I have a lot of procrastinating coming up during exam period, and I would love to fill that time with hockey research.

I'd like my team to be my hometown Aurora Tigers

1946745f6f2a4be14b.bmp

Last edited:

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Of course, we will be known as the Trail Smoke Eaters.

I don't know if the divisions should remain the same, but I for one would love to have pit and HFF in my division again.

BM, I think the order that you have listed at the start of this thread looks fine. Nudge nudge wink wink.

Welcome back, Evil Sather. Although there are two Evil's in this draft now. Hopefully Spit can be back, too.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
I'm very much for keeping divisions. The problem is that there is that group of death, more to the point, do you feed a rookie to the wolves by putting them there? Or do you further stack the division by adding an experienced un-divisioned GM like Evil Sather?

BM, I think the order that you have listed at the start of this thread looks fine. Nudge nudge wink wink.

I agree. I quite like my "If I somehow get Mario" plan.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
I'll gladly manage the future home of an NHL franchise:

125px-Las_Vegas_Thunder_97.gif

Last edited:

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
The Montreal Canadiens will be back to defend the Milt Dunnell Cup. It'll be a challenge, as we have some great new GMs and I think everybody improves as time passes. This is the best part of HFBoards, and, honestly, the site seems a bit empty without the draft.

However, since we're expanding to 24 teams, how would the playoffs work? Last time, with 20 teams, the top three teams in each division qualified for the playoffs, and the bottom two teams in each division played a preliminary series to see who would qualify for the actual postseason. How would this work with 24 teams?

I've thought of a solution. The top two teams in each division make the playoffs. The 3rd-ranked team plays the 6th-ranked team, and the 4th-ranked team plays the 5th-ranked team. The loser of those two matchups are eliminated; then the two wins joins the top two teams in each division in the playoffs. How does that sound?

Zetterberg4Captain*

My team is the Saskatoon Blues. :D

I think we should switch up the divisions please.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
I'm still pressed for time and will probably be e-mailing a lot of lists, but the Detroit Red Wings are back in the draft :D

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
The Montreal Canadiens will be back to defend the Milt Dunnell Cup. It'll be a challenge, as we have some great new GMs and I think everybody improves as time passes. This is the best part of HFBoards, and, honestly, the site seems a bit empty without the draft.

However, since we're expanding to 24 teams, how would the playoffs work? Last time, with 20 teams, the top three teams in each division qualified for the playoffs, and the bottom two teams in each division played a preliminary series to see who would qualify for the actual postseason. How would this work with 24 teams?

I've thought of a solution. The top two teams in each division make the playoffs. The 3rd-ranked team plays the 6th-ranked team, and the 4th-ranked team plays the 5th-ranked team. The loser of those two matchups are eliminated; then the two wins joins the top two teams in each division in the playoffs. How does that sound?
I agree, HO, on all counts. I think the division format (four divisions of six) works well, as well as the suggested playoff format. (Top two get a bye, then three vs. six and four vs. five).

When it comes to the playoffs, I think we need to tighten it up a bit. In the last draft, we had about a week for each playoff round. I think we should have it down to three or four days. We would have lots of great discussion off the bat, but then nothing for three or four days. Besides, I don't want to be voting or debating during the summer.

I think some division realignment is a good idea, but I would hope that we would ensure that some rivalries are maintained. VanI and Elvi have to be in the same division. I want to be in the division with HFF and pit.

Don't know why, but HF Boards just seems boring without the All-Time Draft. I just don't enjoy it as much as I do during the draft months. This is absolutely the best part of HF Boards, and many of the top posters are part of this.

Last edited:

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
we have exactly 24 teams... time to lock the thread and get the draft order done?

unless we wanna go to a full 30-team league!

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
I think that I will join in this draft once again, but I am not quite sure of the team name that I will go with, I am personally leaning towards the Calgary Wranglers but that is too close to the hip and other part of the lower body hugging pants that are associated with the same name.... instead I am going to go with a favorite of mine, the Vancouver Canucks

LapierreSports

Mar 9, 2007
Montreal
It's time to get this underway. I'll start the draft thread on the night of the 21st.

Some are already in via the #6 thread.

1 BM67 - New Jersey Devils
2 God Bless Canada - Trail Smoke Eaters
3 Murphy2 - (Edmonton Oilers)
4 Nalyd Psycho - St. Louis Eagles
5 Brett_Lebda - Saskatoon Blues
6 pitseleh - Nanaimo Clipper
7 EagleBelfour -
8 kruezer - Seattle Metropolitans
9 Wisent - Adler Mannheim
10 HankyFourFingers - (Hartford Whalers)
11 pappyline - Barrie Flyers
12 reckoning - Buffalo Sabres
13 #66 - Les A's de Quebec
14 Evil Speaker - Boston Bruins
15 Hockey Outsider - Montreal Canadiens
16 Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
17 Evil Sather - (New York Rangers)
18 raleh - (Montreal Maroons)
19 VanIslander - Las Vegas Thunder
20 John Flyers Fan - (Philadelphia Flyers)
21 Spitfire11 - Detroit Red Wings
22 The Lone Elvi - Vancouver Canucks
arrbez - Aurora Tigers - two spots left with Hedberg and shawnmullin still not heard from. Could go to 28 if we get more interest.

I think we will go with 20 or 24 so we can go with 4 divisions again. Returnees in the same divisions? Split vote so far.

Any changes we want?

Hello,

Id like to be part of that ! Let me know....
Marc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->