All-Time Draft #4

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
BM67 said:
The New Jersey Devils are pleased to select an all-star at both right wing and defense, the NHL's first 20 year man, a captain and player/coach for the Boston Bruins, and the first player to have the waiting period waived for his induction into the HHoF

Dit Clapper

"While demonstrating a high level of skill both as a defenseman and as a forward, Aubrey "Dit" Clapper became one of the league's most versatile performers. In a career that lasted two decades, he forged a reputation as a tenacious yet honest competitor. He rarely looked for trouble on the ice, but if the game turned rough, he was one of the league's more accomplished pugilists. Throughout his pro tenure, Clapper was a respected leader on the ice and in the dressing room." - HHoF Bio

"Dit Clapper was the NHL's most admirable star during the time between the final days of Howie Morenz to the starburst that was Maurice Richard. Above all, he was a powerful man, 6-foot-2, 200 pounds, slow to anger, but hellish to deal with when stirred." - THN The Top 100 NHL Players of All Time

"He was so very good in so many ways, but he stood out for one thing. He made so few mistakes." - Bobby Bauer
:madfire: :rant: :madfire: ... :clap:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Philadelphia Flyers select Mike Gartner, the last 700 goal scorer in the draft

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
:leafs are proud to select Johnn Bucyk

"The Cheif" was a skilled left winger who was (at 6', 215 lbs) the largest of his day. He was a tough battler,who could beat you with his acurate shot or with a bruising hip check, he was rarely penalized. Johnny was known for his clean, fair play, but could be a hard hitter when necessary. In 1971, he won the Lady Byng Trophy for combining a high standard of play and gentlemanly conduct. Bucyk scored 556 goals and 813 assists in 1,540 regular season games, and he had 41 goals and 64 assists in 124 playoff games Bucyk was the oldest playerever to get 50 goals for the 1st time at age 35 and after age 32 he score 30 goals in 7 seasons
When he retired at age 43 he was the nhl 4th all time scorer proving that the race to the hall of fame goes not always to the fastes but to the steadiest

First All-Star Team Left Wing (1971)
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy (1971, 1974)
Lester Patrick Trophy (1977)
Second All-Star Team Left Wing (1968)
Ranked 45 in the top 100 list

Last edited:

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
monster_bertuzzi said:
Spitfire, I've always wanted to ask...who is that in your avatar?

I'll give you a hint: he made his NHL debut last night.

I've had this avatar for a while, havn't I?

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Sorry for the wait guys. Looking for some well rounded defenseman for the blue line Les As is proud to select 10 time post season all star... Earl Seibert.
It was in the Windy City that Seibert established himself as one of the best defensemen of his era. He was named to the First or Second All-Star Team each year between 1935 and 1944, a feat surpassed only by Gordie Howe, Maurice Richard, Bobby Hull and Doug Harvey. Seibert was generally regarded as second only to Eddie Shore in terms of skill and rugged play, and Shore once confessed that Seibert was the only man he was afraid to fight. Defensively, Seibert was one of the best shot-blockers in the game, and he could move the puck just as quickly as anyone.- HHOF

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
#66 said:
Sorry for the wait guys. Looking for some well rounded defenseman for the blue line Les As is proud to select 10 time post season all star... Earl Seibert.

Cape Breton Oilers select Henri "Pocket Rocket" Richard

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
btw the all time data base is almost done

I got maybe 2 hrs worth of work left to do on it

I know maxwell edison waspondering doing one for last yrs draft

I did it for the 4 drafts (including this one) and the top 100 hockey news ALL TIME players List.

I also noted the gms who selected the players in each of the drafts

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Bobby Ryan Getzlaf is over 10 hours into his clock...

I hope the pick is made before its end... otherwise I'll have to use up at least 6-8 hours of my clock because I'll be out and about after that.

Here's hoping he picks in the next 11 hours at most (instead of the whole 14 hours he has remaining)

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
VanIslander said:
Bobby Ryan Getzlaf is over 10 hours into his clock...

I hope the pick is made before its end... otherwise I'll have to use up at least 6-8 hours of my clock because I'll be out and about after that.

Here's hoping he picks in the next 11 hours at most (instead of the whole 14 hours he has remaining)

well we should try to check the draft every few hrs

in the am at lunch at diner time before we go to bed

if we know our oicks are coming up

do our homework and pick the best player that fits our team

if you wont be online for a long stretch send a pm to somome like bm67 or maxwell edison go kimjohson or two of them so you can get your player enjoy the day and still let the draft proceed without you.

That siad no one is perfect we all wil ltake 6 hrs to make a pick soemday and other it will take 12 on accasion thats life and this is the web!

Just try :)

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Once again I haven't received a PM when it's my turn!

As BM67 wrote: "You must PM the next GM after you selection."

It sure makes things go quicker, especially when we have busy days at work and try to do several things in a 15-minute coffee break.

I'll pick very soon.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
With the 73rd pick, the Tabs of Cambridge select one of those rare talents who just see the game unlike most others, one of this g.m.'s fav players from childhood and certainly well deserving of being on anyone's Top 100 list of all time, and is on some people's Top50 list for his excellence...

Bob Gainey
"I consider Gainey the world's best all-around player." -Soviet national team coach Viktor Tikhonov in 1981

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad