Tribute All things Seattle Kraken and 1st Playoffs

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Speaking of bias, Brian Boucher made me laugh out loud when he said, "Boy, I hope this penalty doesn't kill any of the momentum Dallas has been building."

No, Brian. Dead wrong. I was hoping that penalty crushed the Stars momentum. Withered their spirits and destroyed their will to compete. I was hoping they'd turtle and call the country club to book their 18 holes next Tuesday from the bench.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Speaking of bias, Brian Boucher made me laugh out loud when he said, "Boy, I hope this penalty doesn't kill any of the momentum Dallas has been building."

No, Brian. Dead wrong. I was hoping that penalty crushed the Stars momentum. Withered their spirits and destroyed their will to compete. I was hoping they'd turtle and call the country club to book their 18 holes next Tuesday from the bench.

That dude is a shithead of the highest order

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Really enjoyed this season - never in a million years thought we'd be playing past Mother's Day.
Feels like this year was the year the kraken truly caught on. I get last year was the first but it sucked if we are being real. Everyone in the city bought in this year, fans, players, media. It just became a normal part of the sports fandom of the city.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
That was objectively a surprisingly successful playoffs. No one was really expecting us to knock the defending champs out. And we did. Expansion haters developed nervous ticks that a Vegas / Seattle conference finals was a possibility.

Then we stood toe-to-toe with a team that can play any sort of game. A team with an often dominant goaltender, an all-world defenseman, and forwards they can mix and match for pure offense, fast break, and/or ground and pound style games. We withstood Pavelski's insane puck tipping barrage and pushed them hard for 7 full games. A puck bouncing over a stick at the worst moment and a last second rebound that went a little too wide to put home is a ridiculously thin margin.

And we did it missing Burakovsky.

We should be proud. Beniers looks like a rookie who will be a star in this league quickly and for a long time. Kartye came out of nowhere and looks like he might be a gem. The future looks promising.

It'll be a different team next year. But this team is ahead of schedule for the plan of building through the draft. Other than Beniers, there were no significant pieces from the draft.

See you all next season.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Coyotes fan popping in one last time. Thanks for letting me be a part of your playoff run....gave me something to root for and opened my eyes (located in Oregon so all your regular season games are blacked out) to the Kraken franchise. Easy to see it's a solid organization.

Well done Kraken and their fanbase!

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Anybody got a rooting interest the rest of the way? I kind of hope Dallas because outside of Marchment, they don't seem to have any other genuine asshats and because if we had to lose to sombody, I'd rather it be the eventual Stanley Cup champions than anybody else.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Anybody got a rooting interest the rest of the way? I kind of hope Dallas because outside of Marchment, they don't seem to have any other genuine asshats and because if we had to lose to sombody, I'd rather it be the eventual Stanley Cup champions than anybody else.

Not really, but they will probably be renewed if it’s not Carolina vs Dallas. Pretty much only interested in a first time champ. That said, Carolina is the team I like most of the remaining.

Reactions: kihei

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Probably Vegas. Expansion sisters and to see some of the gate keeper fans in the league cry

Reactions: kihei

Dowisetrepla

Apr 29, 2009
Washington State
Great run, so fun to watch! And I expect even better things next year. Beniers will take it to another level, Kartye for a full season, Wright arriving on the scene!

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Eberle quietly had a fantastic season in general, I thought.
As one of his most vocal critics last year, I absolutely agree with this,

Night and day difference from last season in the effort department. Last year he couldn't be trouble to play D after he coughed up the puck or backcheck hard. This season he fully bought in and hustled whenever the team lost the puck.

I was super surprised to see it, but Eberle was a huge asset this year and a big reason why the team had the season that they did.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
As one of his most vocal critics last year, I absolutely agree with this,

Night and day difference from last season in the effort department. Last year he couldn't be trouble to play D after he coughed up the puck or backcheck hard. This season he fully bought in and hustled whenever the team lost the puck.

I was super surprised to see it, but Eberle was a huge asset this year and a big reason why the team had the season that they did.
Same. I felt that Eberle took shifts off and was not well suited for the high-effort games that the team tried to play in season 1. Last season was a different story and he took it to another level in the playoffs. Dude led by example.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Same. I felt that Eberle took shifts off and was not well suited for the high-effort games that the team tried to play in season 1. Last season was a different story and he took it to another level in the playoffs. Dude led by example.
Same, as well. I wanted Eberle gone by the end of the inaugural season. But he proved me wrong this year. Another guy that went way up in my estimation was Wennberg who I thought was way overrated in our first season, but seemed to improve in so many little ways in so many different areas this past year that I feel that he became one of our more valuable players.

Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3