All things Pegula 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Chat recap: John Vogl answers your Sabres questions
The Black Widow did it. From what I understand, Pat was saying naughty words after the Ryan Miller trade and she thought they were directed at her. Numerous people told her she was wrong, but she wouldn't back down.
View attachment 332203

Kim Pegula after Russ Brandon and Pat LaFontaine:

3rq08x.jpg

Joking aside, this doesn’t me give me hope for the future of the franchise.

Member 308457

I love the Buffalo Sabres but I hate the Pegulas. What am I to do?

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
Checkout. They are going to have to luck into being good. I think if we are bottom feeders next season, Eichel is going to be looking to get out. The Pegulas took way too much for granted with this rebuild and really showed their inexperience and hubris.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Smiling Ivan

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Checkout. They are going to have to luck into being good. I think if we are bottom feeders next season, Eichel is going to be looking to get out. The Pegulas took way too much for granted with this rebuild and really showed the inexperience and hubris.

And if Eichel wants out they can bad mouth his leadership and get to do another full rebuild! Pegulas love rebuilds.

FormerSabresFan

Sep 14, 2015
And if Eichel wants out they can bad mouth his leadership and get to do another full rebuild! Pegulas love rebuilds.

The day that Jack goes, I will go with him.

This Franchise has done nothing but hold him back his entire career. In the past a lot of their problems were about competing with big market teams with deep pockets.

Unfortunately, when they finally got an owner with deep pockets he's too inept to even build a mediocre team.

These idiots haven't even sniffed a playoff RACE...not a playoff spot, they haven't sniffed a playoff RACE...

Think about that for a second.

Bunch of f***ing idiots that haven't learned anything in 9 years.

Reactions: Grinder81

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Chat recap: John Vogl answers your Sabres questions
The Black Widow did it. From what I understand, Pat was saying naughty words after the Ryan Miller trade and she thought they were directed at her. Numerous people told her she was wrong, but she wouldn't back down.
View attachment 332203
I heard from some reliable people it was a conflict between him and Kim too. Didn't get into specifics though. Don't think anybody wants to get on her bad side by getting into exactly what happened.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
A p.r. lay-up, forwarding your arena employees to ensure they can pay their rent and feed their families through an unprecedented event.

Pretty disappointed in these super rich people.

I think it's time not to renew my tickets after this. What does it say about me as a person to support the Pegulas? I love the Sabres but to be part of this, it's disgusting. They have my money on deposit -- if games are cancelled, they can refund half my money and give the rest to employees as long as the Pegulas match. I would agree to this.

BigPeach99

Mar 7, 2017
I think it's time not to renew my tickets after this. What does it say about me as a person to support the Pegulas? I love the Sabres but to be part of this, it's disgusting. They have my money on deposit -- if games are cancelled, they can refund half my money and give the rest to employees as long as the Pegulas match. I would agree to this.

Yeah, this is so disappointing.

Last edited:

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012

I laughed out loud at your first sentence. Only NOW is it time to not renew? LOL. This team has played, maybe, 8-10 entertaining hockey games a year for nearly a decade now, and some of those are on the road.

I genuinely can't fathom why a WNYer would want to watch this team play, at least in theory, 41 times a year.

OK, so you sell a bunch of them, give them away, etc., and don't intend to go to all home games.

But still! Why not just buy individual tickets to a few games a year? I don't think I'd even do that if I was living in WNY.

This team plays really, really boring hockey.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I laughed out loud at your first sentence. Only NOW is it time to not renew? LOL.

You understand the difference between this being about hockey and the Pegulas behaviour in a crisis. Even their second response is not promise to their employees. Just weasle words. We are talking about 10 home dates or so, maybe $2 M by some estimates for them.

I'd happily give half of any refund towards that effort.

Reactions: sabremike

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I would think that Pegulas should offer to help out the workers they normally compensate. In fact the NHL and NHLPA should be in this together after all the revenues are split between them. The folks who run the concessions --uber rich Jacobs family?-should be in on this too.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
I have heard that Pegulas are going to pay the wages to arena staff that Jacobs family hires to staff Buffalo and Rochester arenas.. Is this true? If so why nothing to respond to the rather harsh criticism of Pegulas? Is there an agenda I am missing?

Reactions: brian_griffin

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Pegula Sports & Entertainment lays off hospitality workers...

“As a valuable asset to our hospitality family when business returns to normalcy, we encourage you to come back and apply for an open position. You will be amongst the first considered to re-join our teams,” Dominic Verni, the vice president of hospitality, wrote in the termination letter obtained by The Athletic.
Even if the employees are rehired and return to work, there has been no guarantee they’ll come back at their same rate of pay. In addition, the organization is not paying out the Paid Time Off (PTO) that employees have accrued, citing a clause in their separation policy, according to a laid-off supervisor from the hospitality team.

First off, a business laying off people when there is no business, not a problem. I actually have no issue with them not "saving" jobs for when things come back, because frankly, we have no idea what this looks like and if companies will be able to open up 100% or not to start. So the idea that they could say "we're going to re-open at the same staffing levels", that isn't possible.

The shitty thing here is the not paying out accrued PTO for employees they are letting go. That is super shitty. Depending on how much that is, if it were my employer and they pulled that, it'd be lawyer time. I don't think its realistic to pay out for ALL cancelled games, but a severance package for people they are laying off would be the right thing to do. Period.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
A p.r. lay-up, forwarding your arena employees to ensure they can pay their rent and feed their families through an unprecedented event.

Pretty disappointed in these super rich people.

Yup. I'm sure the Pegulas are feeling the steep drop in oil prices, but they can still certainly afford to take better care of their people than this.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I'm a big defender of Kim and Terry but their handling of this is incredibly poor. It's not a good look and there will most certainly be some backlash for this. You are billionaires and made at least 250 million last year in just revenue sharing from the Bills. Drop a million into a fund that these people can pull from and help out the community you exploit. It is 2 ten thousandths of your net worth.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Yeah there's no reason that they can't at least front the paid PTO. The Pegula's business now is sports. Oil fracking is busto at $25/bl.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I thought he was in the natural gas business?

Natural gas is the sweet sweet hydrocarbon reward for fracking.

I see what happened, oil so low makes natural gas less attractive. Kills a portion of the market by substitution.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Yup. I'm sure the Pegulas are feeling the steep drop in oil prices, but they can still certainly afford to take better care of their people than this.

They cashed out 4.5B before buying the bills. I'm sure they DID take a hit with the downturn. That being said, even if they dropped 1/2 of their net worth, they'd still have enough to not be dicks.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Pegula Sports & Entertainment lays off hospitality workers...

First off, a business laying off people when there is no business, not a problem. I actually have no issue with them not "saving" jobs for when things come back, because frankly, we have no idea what this looks like and if companies will be able to open up 100% or not to start. So the idea that they could say "we're going to re-open at the same staffing levels", that isn't possible.

The shitty thing here is the not paying out accrued PTO for employees they are letting go. That is super shitty. Depending on how much that is, if it were my employer and they pulled that, it'd be lawyer time. I don't think its realistic to pay out for ALL cancelled games, but a severance package for people they are laying off would be the right thing to do. Period.

This isn't even legal in Canada. The Pegulas might be more broke that anyone knows. Makes me wonder/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad