OT: All things Marvel/MCU (Spoilers)

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I don’t know why so many people were upset about the “no teaser or end credit scene”... it was an Easter egg too. The click from the mouse in the computer screen played the same noise from Starks first assembling of iron man back in 2008. It ended how it began.

My guess is that they fully go on in the next phase as the comics with a couple adds based from the movies: Black Panther and Dr. Strange lead the group. Falcon, Ant Man, Spider Man, and Captain Marvel coming together to take the reigns.

I hope they introduce Silver Surfer as a villain because they can then connect Xmen, Deadpool, Fantastic 4, and sooo many more with the Thanos enemy being eternity. They all connect.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I liked Endgame, but there was a lot more Hawkeye than I was expecting. He's uh, not my favorite Avenger.

Reactions: Tripod

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I liked Endgame, but there was a lot more Hawkeye than I was expecting. He's uh, not my favorite Avenger.

He was not my favorite either prior to this one (though I loved his scene with Scarlet Witch in Age of Ultron), but I thought he was a lot more badass as Ronin in this one. Plus, you had to care about him more in order for the scene in Vormir with Black Widow to have maximum impact; which to me it did.

Reactions: Tripod

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
The Wrap is just an absolutely dreadful clickbait website.

Without clicking on the article at all because I refuse to, the Black Widow movie situation is simple; it's a prequel.

Thanks rebel Just recently got back into the marvel movies the last couple years thanks to my 14 year old nephew who's dad refuses to take him. I am way out of the loop but trying to catch up.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Thanks rebel Just recently got back into the marvel movies the last couple years thanks to my 14 year old nephew who's dad refuses to take him. I am way out of the loop but trying to catch up.

I'm a superfan so whenever you wanna talk about the MCU, hit me up! That's awesome that you're there for your nephew like that. His dad is a dick (sorry if it's your brother lol) for not taking him.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Finally am able to enter this thread as I just got back from watching it. I left very satisfied and emotional. There was actually less carnage than I thought there would be.

To echo Curu, too much Hawkeyes for me, not enough of others. But they will have their due in the next one so I do understand giving more screen time to the original A.

I expected Bucky to be the next Cap, so that was a surprise to me.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Finally am able to enter this thread as I just got back from watching it. I left very satisfied and emotional. There was actually less carnage than I thought there would be.

To echo Curu, too much Hawkeyes for me, not enough of others. But they will have their due in the next one so I do understand giving more screen time to the original A.

Yeah it was clear who they wanted to make the focus, with many of the actors saying farewell, so I get it.

Either way, it was f***ing awesome. Watch that video I posted earlier this week.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
I'm a superfan so whenever you wanna talk about the MCU, hit me up! That's awesome that you're there for your nephew like that. His dad is a dick (sorry if it's your brother lol) for not taking him.

Thanks and yep he is a dick and not my brother :laugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah it was clear who they wanted to make the focus, with many of the actors saying farewell, so I get it.

Either way, it was ****ing awesome. Watch that video I posted earlier this week.
Yeah I watched it. Then watched others too!

Nice to know who that kid was standing alone at the funeral.

As someone suggested, MCU seems to be setting up a possible "Young Avengers" with all the "kids" being shown recently. That kid at the funeral, Hawkeye's kid, Scott's kid, Shuri, and the young girl from Captain Marvel...her partners kid(who I did see becomes a superhero in the comics). Seems like a plausible thing they could do. Not even now....but in another 5-10 years or something.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden

In the comics Bucky is a segue Capn America. It really is Falcon who is the next one- according to the comics.

Using Bucky in similar fashion to the comics would be too small of a plot yet hold so much value to fans to have it in the movies. If Bucky does become the next one... Falcon will have to die early on in phase 4. Just depends on the movie contracts.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Well holy sheeeeeeet. That was two and a half hours of pure glory. I can’t believe they fit everything they did into endgame. So many oh man moments that I absolutely loved. Infinity war had THE moment but endgame just about half the scenes had some sort of dramatic hammer drop.

Regarding Hawkeye. His overall presence as an avenger is useless, it really is, but he serves as the most exposed and vulnerable one to drive home some of the emotional highs and lows the movies need to. That’s been his value to the series as a whole. Looses whole family, utterly destroyed. Finds redemption from a friend who he then looses sacrificing herself for his family. I don’t think any of the other characters allow the audience to relate to that level of gravity. Even starks last moments, it wasn’t completely serious, he was a smart ass til the end.

Finally, cap is my favorite of the mcu. They head faked me really well straight through the movie. Thought he was absolutely going to be a goner by the end. Then he fights thanos with the hammer to his advantage (holy crap). Then shield broken and damn near defeated, here comes is defeat... nope, reinforcements in epic fashion and victory. His exit was perfect for me, a man of war finally at peace.

Woah... I probably have more but holy smokes.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Well holy sheeeeeeet. That was two and a half hours of pure glory. I can’t believe they fit everything they did into endgame. So many oh man moments that I absolutely loved. Infinity war had THE moment but endgame just about half the scenes had some sort of dramatic hammer drop.

Regarding Hawkeye. His overall presence as an avenger is useless, it really is, but he serves as the most exposed and vulnerable one to drive home some of the emotional highs and lows the movies need to. That’s been his value to the series as a whole. Looses whole family, utterly destroyed. Finds redemption from a friend who he then looses sacrificing herself for his family. I don’t think any of the other characters allow the audience to relate to that level of gravity. Even starks last moments, it wasn’t completely serious, he was a smart ass til the end.

Finally, cap is my favorite of the mcu. They head faked me really well straight through the movie. Thought he was absolutely going to be a goner by the end. Then he fights thanos with the hammer to his advantage (holy crap). Then shield broken and damn near defeated, here comes is defeat... nope, reinforcements in epic fashion and victory. His exit was perfect for me, a man of war finally at peace.

It kind of stinks to know about the comics before. While the storyline isn’t the same, the progression is.

Professor Hulk was 100% expected in this movie, Captain America picked up and used Thor’s hammer in the comics- also hinted in Age of Ultron, his shield broke in the comics and it was foreshadowing in previous movies, time travel was 100% expected, and some more stuff.

Tons and tons of Easter eggs in this movie which I liked.

I thought Scarlett Witch should’ve had a better role since she’s the 2nd or 3rd most powerful Avenger behind either Thor or Captain Marvel.
—————
I’m soooo excited for the new phase and what they’re going to do. I really think they’re introducing the Fantastic 4 into the movies since they JUST got the rights back from Sony.

Silver Surfer would be the Loki (bad but turns good), Galactus (ultra smart, but extremely powerful version of Ultron), and Eternity (Even more powerful than Thanos). Eternity might be a stretch, but Galactus would be the new Thor too.

Same with X-men... they also have a heavy relation to the avengers and same with Deadpool AND Venom lol. Sony won’t give up their rights though.

Scarlett witch and quick silver are the son and daughter of Magneto (Yes, that’s the same quick silver in Age of Ultron and X-men Apocalypse). Cable (from Deadpool) is the son of Cyclops and the fake Dark Phoenix. Juggernaut (Deadpool 2 and X-men) is the brother of Charles Xavier too.

Human torch from fantastic 4 was also a part of Spider-Man in the early comics and Venom paired up with Spider Man in the comics too.

SOOO MANY CONNECTIONS

Last edited:

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
It kind of stinks to know about the comics before. While the storyline isn’t the same, the progression is.

Professor Hulk was 100% expected in this movie, Captain America picked up and used Thor’s hammer in the comics- also hinted in Age of Ultron, his shield broke in the comics and it was foreshadowing in previous movies, time travel was 100% expected, and some more stuff.

Tons and tons of Easter eggs in this movie which I liked.

I thought Scarlett Witch should’ve had a better role since she’s the 2nd or 3rd most powerful Avenger behind either Thor or Captain Marvel.
—————
I’m soooo excited for the new phase and what they’re going to do. I really think they’re introducing the Fantastic 4 into the movies since they JUST got the rights back from Sony.

Silver Surfer would be the Loki (bad but turns good), Galactus (ultra smart, but extremely powerful version of Ultron), and Eternity (Even more powerful than Thanos). Eternity might be a stretch, but Galactus would be the new Thor too.

Same with X-men... they also have a heavy relation to the avengers and same with Deadpool AND Venom lol. Sony won’t give up their rights though.

Scarlett witch and quick silver are the son and daughter of Magneto (Yes, that’s the same quick silver in Age of Ultron and X-men Apocalypse). Cable (from Deadpool) is the son of Cyclops and the fake Dark Phoenix. Juggernaut (Deadpool 2 and X-men) is the brother of Charles Xavier too.

Human torch from fantastic 4 was also a part of Spider-Man in the early comics and Venom paired up with Spider Man in the comics too.

SOOO MANY CONNECTIONS
The fun thing here for me is that I’m 32 and I never touched a comic book as a child, just didn’t show an interest. But my friends did and sold me hard iron man when it was first teased and the avengers end credit—what all that entailed. So almost like a god damn prophesy, everything they talked about came to pass. I got sold, hook line and sinker.

So now, I go into these with zero knowledge and just enjoy it. The comics have so many story arcs. I’m trusting the powers that be to execute on them. Marvel has crushed it; DC has empirically failed.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Also just going to open this can of worms (if i missed it already...). Top five MCU movies.

Winter soldier
Civil war
Endgame
Infinity war
Thor ragnarok

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
The fun thing here for me is that I’m 32 and I never touched a comic book as a child, just didn’t show an interest. But my friends did and sold me hard iron man when it was first teased and the avengers end credit—what all that entailed. So almost like a god damn prophesy, everything they talked about came to pass. I got sold, hook line and sinker.

So now, I go into these with zero knowledge and just enjoy it. The comics have so many story arcs. I’m trusting the powers that be to execute on them. Marvel has crushed it; DC has empirically failed.
100%. I never read the comics until my brother got them and told me everything after Age of Ultron (somewhere around that time). He knows everything about this stuff and it’s really cool to see them bring everything full circle- especially the end credit scene which a lot of people didn’t understand.

After SpiderMan in July and the Dark widow movie I will try and go in without k owing anything because I like the no knowledge idea. They really hit a homerun with it.

To add: Comic book “Asguardians of the galaxy” is why Thor went with them. After Ragnarok succeeded, they wanted to bring him back which Vol. 3 of Guardians entialed. They might use the original Guardians in Vol. 3 too since they originals were in Vol. 2... idk if they died or not... I don’t remember.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

It was really f***ing good

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
.... Marvel has crushed it; DC has empirically failed.

It's a failure of epic proportions that could be expected from a mile away. Not only did DC miss the message about the tonal aspect of their comics and the target audience they should be going for, but they rushed the production times a thousand. Let's just recap to this point the number of movies in the MCU - 22. The DCEU clocks in at 7. So one studio put a lot of time and effort into making a coherent world, and the other tried to paint by colors and get to the same place (Justice League is the obvious intent at world building and draw that Avengers was.) The DCEU has really good characters, but they did a crap reason of reminding people why they care about any of them beyond Batman, Superman, kinda Wonder Woman, maybe Flash.

A lot of those properties you're attributing to Sony are owned by Fox, whom were bought by/sold to Disney. Sony has the Spider-Man library, and they've already brokered a deal to play nice with joint creative interactions along with Disney. FF & X-Men were straight Fox and in the land of misfit toys. It went so far as Disney cancelling the FF line of comic books as not to give Fox material for any potential new movies or add characters to the library. Looking back on it, when Marvel brought back the FF comics a while ago, it should've been a hint something larger was brewing.
The same could be said for X-Men, Marvel attempted to write them out of the picture, to be replaced by the In-Humans. However, the In-Humans did so poorly in carrying their own brands that Marvel reversed course and resuscitated X-Men off the deathbed they had created for them.

Disney is not a benevolent corporation. Their mucking with copyright laws is a serious issue prohibiting many many works from entering the public domain unnecessarily. Crap on a crap cracker.

Last edited:

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Disney is definitely beginning to concern me. They essentially have a monopoly. I just realized today that they also own the rights to the upcoming Avatar films.

it's absolutely bonkers

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
It's a failure of epic proportions that could be expected from a mile away. Not only did DC miss the message about the tonal aspect of their comics and the target audience they should be going for, but they rushed the production times a thousand. Let's just recap to this point the number of movies in the MCU - 22. The DCEU clocks in at 7. So one studio put a lot of time and effort into making a coherent world, and the other tried to paint by colors and get to the same place (Justice League is the obvious intent at world building and draw that Avengers was.) The DCEU has really good characters, but they did a crap reason of reminding people why they care about any of them beyond Batman, Superman, kinda Wonder Woman, maybe Flash.

A lot of those properties you're attributing to Sony are owned by Fox, whom were bought by/sold to Disney. Sony has the Spider-Man library, and they've already brokered a deal to play nice with joint creative interactions along with Disney. FF & X-Men were straight Fox and in the land of misfit toys. It went so far as Disney cancelling the FF line of comic books as not to give Fox material for any potential new movies or add characters to the library. Looking back on it, when Marvel brought back the FF comics a while ago, it should've been a hint something larger was brewing.
The same could be said for X-Men, Marvel attempted to write them out of the picture, to be replaced by the In-Humans. However, the In-Humans did so poorly in carrying their own brands that Marvel reversed course and resuscitated X-Men off the deathbed they had created for them.

Disney is not a benevolent corporation. Their mucking with copyright laws is a serious issue prohibiting many many works from entering the public domain unnecessarily. Crap on a crap cracker.
Yep... I knew that Fox owned them, but didn’t even bother after I said Sony. For Marvel, Spider-Man should have 2 movies left... one being Far From Home. Of course it can be renewed, but I think the franchise has been rejuvenated with Tom Holland.

I’m a bit younger, but I honestly don’t remember the X-men getting much hate. I take it I’m wrong with it, but it pulled a Thor and did really well towards the end.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Yep... I knew that Fox owned them, but didn’t even bother after I said Sony. For Marvel, Spider-Man should have 2 movies left... one being Far From Home. Of course it can be renewed, but I think the franchise has been rejuvenated with Tom Holland.

I’m a bit younger, but I honestly don’t remember the X-men getting much hate. I take it I’m wrong with it, but it pulled a Thor and did really well towards the end.
I didn't mean to imply that X-Men got hate in any particular manner (some of the movies were crap though.) It was more about the Marvel publisher company deciding they (Disney) weren't going to produce a comic that would fuel their rivals (Fox Studios) with new material and potentially new characters. While Disney bought Marvel, the movie rights and etc. were well established before hand, Disney didn't have a say in any of that stuff except retroactively.

The In-Humans were the disliked substitute for X-Men. They even briefly had a tv show, I don't think it lasted a season. Was supposed to expand on the Agents of Shield on the small screen universe. Maybe 4/5 years ago?

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I didn't mean to imply that X-Men got hate in any particular manner (some of the movies were crap though.) It was more about the Marvel publisher company deciding they (Disney) weren't going to produce a comic that would fuel their rivals (Fox Studios) with new material and potentially new characters. While Disney bought Marvel, the movie rights and etc. were well established before hand, Disney didn't have a say in any of that stuff except retroactively.

The In-Humans were the disliked substitute for X-Men. They even briefly had a tv show, I don't think it lasted a season. Was supposed to expand on the Agents of Shield on the small screen universe. Maybe 4/5 years ago?
I didn’t think Agents of Shield was even that good. I don’t know if it’s even still on. The In-Humans were awful.

They are going to redo some movies which is why I think Marvel wants to touch up on Fan4. After Apocalypse did well they may want to bring them in for a good movie too. Just depends on contracts. There’s sooo much that they can do. That’s why Thor is staying along- because of Ragnarok. I don’t know why their plans are for the Hulk. I didn’t really care for the professor persona, but I’m still up in the air.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I didn’t think Agents of Shield was even that good. I don’t know if it’s even still on. The In-Humans were awful.

They are going to redo some movies which is why I think Marvel wants to touch up on Fan4. After Apocalypse did well they may want to bring them in for a good movie too. Just depends on contracts. There’s sooo much that they can do. That’s why Thor is staying along- because of Ragnarok. I don’t know why their plans are for the Hulk. I didn’t really care for the professor persona, but I’m still up in the air.
Agents of Shield is still on. I believe this season's run actually starts Friday and they have already renewed for next season. I watched Inhumans, and yes, it was poor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad