OT: All things Marvel/MCU (Spoilers)

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Seems people think John Krasinski will be Mr Fantastic because the comic character looks like him now

Reactions: CapnZin

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Seems people think John Krasinski will be Mr Fantastic because the comic character looks like him now
I don't know if I'd believe he'd be smart enough to be Mr. Fantastic, and Krasinski has too much charisma to be Mr. Fantastic. Do not like, am not impressed.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Oh I agree. My thinking is that they already have the next phase planned out and will continue down that line. And then at some point, will bring in the F4. But it would not surprise me if they DON'T go the reboot route for F4 with another origin story. It's been done twice the last 15 years so movie goes don't need an "introduction". They need a movie done right for sure.

The fact that the F4 are located in New York, you need them to get their powers after the whole Thamos timeline, imo. Unless you have them on a seperate Earth which they could do by using Spiderman to introduce them. Or even if you "slow" introduced them by having Peter Parker watch the "news" of them getting powers on TV.

Obviously they are more creative than I, but you get what I mean. We are likely 5-10 years from seeing them but in a weird way, by waiting, they actually build up the anticipation. Whereas under Fox, no one wanted another film done...lol.
I didn't even watch the last F4 movie when I heard it what far worse than the first two. It sucks when terrible casting, writing, and movies overall tarnish great characters. For example Batman and Superman of late. The F4 is amazing though but for whatever reason it hasn't translated to the movies.

I think with MCU in charge they will come up with something that makes sense within the timelines of what's been going on and make a killer movie. They might just have to end up doing another origin story though and making it take place after the events of endgame. It worked out pretty well for them to do another Spidey origin story not long after those junk amazing SM movies.

Reactions: Tripod

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
DCU is casting Robert Pattinson as the next Batman

confused-face-derp.jpg

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Loved Endgame. I liked it much more than Infinity War. IW, I thought, was just good. Endgame was amazing. Interested to see where they go now.

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't know if I'd believe he'd be smart enough to be Mr. Fantastic, and Krasinski has too much charisma to be Mr. Fantastic. Do not like, am not impressed.

Did you see A Quiet Place? Krasinski was great in a much more subdued dramatic role.

He was also good as Jack Ryan on the new Amazon show of the same name.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I was looking at the Box Office Results.

Top 3 MCU movies domestically are:
3. Infinity War
2. Black Panther
1. End Game

But Internationally Black Panther is number 8, with all the avengers, civil war, iron man 3 and captain marvel ahead.

Interesting that it dropped so far down.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
I was looking at the Box Office Results.

Top 3 MCU movies domestically are:
3. Infinity War
2. Black Panther
1. End Game

But Internationally Black Panther is number 8, with all the avengers, civil war, iron man 3 and captain marvel ahead.

Interesting that it dropped so far down.
Eh, is it really?

Black Panther hits a social nerve here that's more sensitive to this populace than abroad. Add in the demographics of the US, and the lack of a similar dispersal of folks in other economical advanced countries. And the character is not nearly as well known as most the others. Lack of comic book features, not really prominent in other mediums previous to the movie. Bunch of reasons, beyond it not being a great movie (but there are no great Marvel movies, so that's a bit redundant).

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Dark Phoenix is by far the best X-Men movie to come out. Imo a solid 6/10. They could’ve done a lot more with the plot and story development and most of the fight scenes felt rushed, but it was good. We learn more about their “universe” and how big it is rather than just about the main characters.

Most said there’s a connection to MCU (Avengers) in this and I could only find 1 and it’s a stretch. I won’t say it since the movie just came out. They waited a bit to release this. It was planned to come out after Endgame.

Now I sit and wait for Far From Home.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Dark Phoenix is by far the best X-Men movie to come out. Imo a solid 6/10. They could’ve done a lot more with the plot and story development and most of the fight scenes felt rushed, but it was good. We learn more about their “universe” and how big it is rather than just about the main characters.

Most said there’s a connection to MCU (Avengers) in this and I could only find 1 and it’s a stretch. I won’t say it since the movie just came out. They waited a bit to release this. It was planned to come out after Endgame.

Now I sit and wait for Far From Home.

They are not connecting this X-Men universe to the MCU. They are starting from scratch with the X-Men at some point.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
They are not connecting this X-Men universe to the MCU. They are starting from scratch with the X-Men at some point.
That was my take away. There just want enough differentiation in the movies. This one did well with it, there is a slight connection too if they do decide to incorporate. Would save them money too.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That was my take away. There just want enough differentiation in the movies. This one did well with it, there is a slight connection too if they do decide to incorporate. Would save them money too.

Ive heard Dark Phoenix is quite bad and I hated Apocalypse so I will be skipping it in the theater. Such a shame. I really liked First Class, Days of Future Past, and Logan.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Ive heard Dark Phoenix is quite bad and I hated Apocalypse so I will be skipping it in the theater. Such a shame. I really liked First Class, Days of Future Past, and Logan.
My brother and his fiancé are very critical of these movies and my girlfriend just doesn’t like them. I wasn’t going to 3rd-wheel this movie so I made her come with me lol.

My brother said it was very good, his fiancé liked it a lot, and my girlfriend liked it too... maybe that’s because Sophie Turner was heavily featured.., that’s also why I really liked it.
————
As I said before, previous movies didn’t really have any differentiation. This movie did. I can see them making a connection with Captain Marvel based on the ending or even a Thanos spin-off. There are 2 easy connections based on the movie, but they’re stretches. James Gunn said they’re going to approach X-men like Spider-Man. They’re going to let the views and biases fade off before reusing it. They’ve already made connections in the past from Apocalypse and Age if Ultron, but my views are just wishful thinking.
————
I give it a solid 6/10. The back story was weird in its progression and they didn’t do a good job of bringing everything together. It seems like each movie is their own doing.

The differentiation in this is character development throughout the movie which I really really liked. They threw a lot of plot twists which weren’t there in previous movies.

The fight scenes were good, yet at the same time bad due to build up, timing, and the overall effects Fox just can’t do the same thing Marvel/Disney does.

Good ending to the Fox running of X men, but it’ll be back. I really like Janes McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Evan Peters, and Sophie Turner in their roles so it’ll be weird seeing them change in the future.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Sorry to bump, but this is pretty interesting:

“Marvel Source- X-men will be introduced in a X-men vs Avengers” film.

On this note, Feige announced the newly acquired franchise will likely get their introduction in Phase 6. This will likely occur in 6-8 years or longer. It has been noted that Wolverine will be introduced in Phase 5.

The timeline is granulated due to the new Avengers team still up in the air along with which characters of X-men will follow suit from the old franchise.

Newly acquired franchises said in San Diego Comic Con: Fantastic 4 (likely phase 5-6), X-men (6), Venom, nd Blade (Phase 4).
*Deadpool will play the role of Hulk (contractually) in the upcoming series. This mean, he won’t receive any solo movies because they don’t the rights, but will appear in the movies.
—————————
Other notes:
- Namor (MCU version of Aquaman) rumored to be the villain in Black Panther 2. Oddly enough, so is Michael B. Jordan’s Killmonger.
- Deadpool will make his appearance/possibly Venom too in the Spider-Man sequel marking the end of solo movies Spider-man has under contract.
- Taskmaster is the villain in Black Widows solo movie.
- The Mandarin is the villain in Shang Chi.
- Adam Warlock may play a bigger role after Guardians Vol. 3- This is pure speculation.
-Omega Red rumored to be X-men villain.

- Wanda (Scarlet Witch) and Doctor Strange will team up exploring the ‘Multiverse’ in Doctor Strange’s sequel... this could be the introduction of Richards, Silver Surfer, Galactus (noted by Fiege), and the Fantastic 4/X-men.

- Paul Rudd, apparently, told a fan on video that Ant-Man 3 has a completed script, but isn’t yet filming.

- 2 movies filming or near finished filming: Dark Widow and Eternals.
——————
Most notable and used Fan Theory:

*THIS IS NOT MINE*

The most notable theory not rejected by Fiege (if you send them your drawn out theory, they will usually tell you how wrong you are, lol)... in this one, they didn’t reject it.

Theory: Phase 4 only!

The Mandarin takes control of Asia, Red Skull takes control of USA/Americas, and Doctor Doom returns to Europe and gains control.
*Back story line is that a scrambled Avengers can’t compete with them which is where they turn to bigger powers*- this part was rejected, however, it makes sense as a storyline.

This builds up through the comic lines of ‘Annihilation’ (that being comparable to infinity war) and ‘Secret Wars’ (being the comparable to Endgame). Noted in the rumor, Fiege all but confirmed that those 2 movies will be the major 2 (like infinity war and endgame).

If you’re interested in following this further- try reading the 2 comic lines (Annihilation and Secret Wars) to see a potential build up.

Thanks for reading!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

On this note, Feige announced the newly acquired franchise will likely get their introduction in Phase 6. This will likely occur in 6-8 years or longer. It has been noted that Wolverine will be introduced in Phase 5.

The timeline is granulated due to the new Avengers team still up in the air along with which characters of X-men will follow suit from the old franchise.

Newly acquired franchises said in San Diego Comic Con: Fantastic 4 (likely phase 5-6), X-men (6), Venom, nd Blade (Phase 4).
*Deadpool will play the role of Hulk (contractually) in the upcoming series. This mean, he won’t receive any solo movies because they don’t the rights, but will appear in the movies.
—————————
Other notes:
- Namor (MCU version of Aquaman) rumored to be the villain in Black Panther 2. Oddly enough, so is Michael B. Jordan’s Killmonger.
- Deadpool will make his appearance/possibly Venom too in the Spider-Man sequel marking the end of solo movies Spider-man has under contract.
- Adam Warlock may play a bigger role after Guardians Vol. 3- This is pure speculation.

- Wanda (Scarlet Witch) and Doctor Strange will team up exploring the ‘Multiverse’ in Doctor Strange’s sequel... this could be the introduction of Richards, Silver Surfer, Galactus (noted by Fiege), and the Fantastic 4/X-men.

- Paul Rudd, apparently, told a fan on video that Ant-Man 3 has a completed script, but isn’t yet filming.

——————

*THIS IS NOT MINE*

The most notable theory not rejected by Fiege (if you send them your drawn out theory, they will usually tell you how wrong you are, lol)... in this one, they didn’t reject it.

The Mandarin takes control of Asia, Red Skull takes control of USA/Americas, and Doctor Doom returns to Europe and gains control.
*Back story line is that a scrambled Avengers can’t compete with them which is where they turn to bigger powers*- this part was rejected, however, it makes sense as a storyline.

This builds up through the comic lines of ‘Annihilation’ (that being comparable to infinity war) and ‘Secret Wars’ (being the comparable to Endgame). Noted in the rumor, Fiege all but confirmed that those 2 movies will be the major 2 (like infinity war and endgame).

If you’re interested in following this further- try reading the 2 comic lines (Annihilation and Secret Wars) to see a potential build up.

Thanks for reading!

Good stuff Zin!

Reactions: CapnZin

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006

—————————
Other notes:

——————

*THIS IS NOT MINE*

Thanks for reading!

Who has Deadpool's rights for solo movies if Disney doesn't? It wouldn't surprise me if Deadpool only showed up in other movies now...but only because Disney won't make an R rated movie...I think they have the rights to though. Deadpool is a weird obstacle for them for so many reasons.

It also wouldn't surprise me if they already picked out their next big crossovers to build up to (and the two mentioned make the most sense)...but I still think a lot is uncertain in terms of how they will get there.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Who has Deadpool's rights for solo movies if Disney doesn't? It wouldn't surprise me if Deadpool only showed up in other movies now...but only because Disney won't make an R rated movie...I think they have the rights to though. Deadpool is a weird obstacle for them for so many reasons.

It also wouldn't surprise me if they already picked out their next big crossovers to build up to (and the two mentioned make the most sense)...but I still think a lot is uncertain in terms of how they will get there.
Deadpool’s rights are under Marvel Studios, however, I read somewhere Sony (movie rights) would have a say or a split in profits until a specific time- so they’ll hold off on using him. I could be wrong. They are going to give him another solo, I just don’t know when and if it will even go through.

Venom will get a movie (solo) with the villain being Maximus Carnage. Venom and Deadpool work closely through Spider-Man’s story line. If Deadpool gets his moment in the MCU- my guess is that it’s in the next Spider-Man. Speaking of which, Toms marvel contract has 1 solo left. After that, he will only be used in other movies.

Everything is set in stone. Hell, even phase 5 is practically done in terms of the story line. The ending to phase 3 (Far From Home) was a weird end scene. They usually give you something to speculate and this was wayyy too general.

X-men v Avengers is a good cross over. F4 going into the MCU is what is really interesting. They’ve mentions the use of Dr. Doom and Galactus. It’s weird, imo, because both are omnipotent in the MCU, so where they go after that unless it’s more mystical could be weird contextually. Feige wants to let the dust settle on both franchises before rebooting them- similar to Spider-Man.
—————
Also, for those that follow:

The TV series tie into the movies. They have the same amount of importance. I really like that they’re doing this, too.

Last edited:

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Deadpool’s rights are under Marvel Studios, however, I read somewhere Sony (movie rights) would have a say or a split in profits until a specific time- so they’ll hold off on using him. I could be wrong. They are going to give him another solo, I just don’t know when and if it will even go through.

Venom will get a movie (solo) with the villain being Maximus Carnage. Venom and Deadpool work closely through Spider-Man’s story line. If Deadpool gets his moment in the MCU- my guess is that it’s in the next Spider-Man. Speaking of which, Toms marvel contract has 1 solo left. After that, he will only be used in other movies.

Everything is set in stone. Hell, even phase 5 is practically done in terms of the story line. The ending to phase 3 (Far From Home) was a weird end scene. They usually give you something to speculate and this was wayyy too general.

X-men v Avengers is a good cross over. F4 going into the MCU is what is really interesting. They’ve mentions the use of Dr. Doom and Galactus. It’s weird, imo, because both are omnipotent in the MCU, so where they go after that unless it’s more mystical could be weird contextually. Feige wants to let the dust settle on both franchises before rebooting them- similar to Spider-Man.
—————
Also, for those that follow:

The TV series tie into the movies. They have the same amount of importance. I really like that they’re doing this, too.

Deadpool was a fox property though...not a Sony. Unless you mean Sony would have a say only if they use him in a spiderman movie?

It could be set in stone...but that isnt how marvel worked in the past. They knew where they wanted to go but they let the talent of the individual movies help them get there. Fiege doesnt write the scripts...and likes to give the writers and directors freedom. I am not even sure if there is a Black Panther 2 script yet...but you know Coogler is going to get to do what he wants with it.

Last edited:

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Deadpool was a fox property though...not a Sony. Unless you mean Sony would have a say only if they use him in a spiderman movie?

It could be set in stone...but that isnt how marvel worked in the past. They knew where they wanted to go but they let the talent of the individual movies help them get there. Fiege doesnt write the scripts...and likes to give the writers and directors freedom. I am not even sure if there is a Black Panther 2 script yet...but you know Coogler is going to get to do what he wants with it.
Yep, I meant Fox. I messed that up. It’s movie rights are still on a previous contract and I think Sony was partnered. Same thing as Hulk (Universal and Marvel).

Cheat Sheet, decent source, although it’s fan driven said Deadpool will appears in Black Widow which doesn’t make sense in my opinion. It also goes against what Reynolds said.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
E6DFFBF5-D41E-4236-A475-9AB44EA50048.jpeg

For those that don’t know:
Wanda (Scarlett Witch) and Quick Silver (died in Age of Ultron) are the kids of Magneto. A troubling aspect is that Quick Silver is still alive in the X-men franchise which is weird... yes, he’s the same one in Apocalypse.

In the comic series, she realizes or senses (idk which) that her dad is still alive and in Europe... that’s where Magneto always hides after something bad/a fight with a teammate.

In the comic line, Wanda finds Magneto. After that, I don’t know what happens. My guess is that they follow the storyline from ‘Age of Ultron’.

At the beginning, Wanda and Quick Silver say that Starks bombs ‘killed’ their parents. Maybe Magneto got away and hid after his family died... similar to Apocalypse. After trying to hunt Stark down for this, he runs into the benign Wanda where they disagree. Could be a potential story line.

Last edited:

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
View attachment 250413
For those that don’t know:
Wanda (Scarlett Witch) and Quick Silver (died in Age of Ultron) are the kids of Magneto. A troubling aspect is that Quick Silver is still alive in the X-men franchise which is weird... yes, he’s the same one in Apocalypse.

In the comic series, she realizes or senses (idk which) that her dad is still alive and in Europe... that’s where Magneto always hides after something bad/a fight with a teammate.

In the comic line, Wanda finds Magneto. After that, I don’t know what happens. My guess is that they follow the storyline from ‘Age of Ultron’.

At the beginning, Wanda and Quick Silver say that Starks bombs ‘killed’ their parents. Maybe Magneto got away and hid after his family died... similar to Apocalypse. After trying to hunt Stark down for this, he runs into the benign Wanda where they disagree. Could be a potential story line.
Quiksilver was such a sad underutilization in the MCU. His interactions with Hawkeye and the ending sacrifice made him compelling, but the cinematography used in days of future past and apocalypse are probably some of the most entertaining minutes in those movies—akin to when you first watched the matrix.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad