OT: All things Marvel/MCU (Spoilers)

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
New Spiderman trailer just dropped and there's a lot in there about the "post-snap" world. I can already see it opening up possibilities for X-Men, F4, and more.

I need a Disney+ tv show of a Exiles.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Well holy sheeeeeeet. That was two and a half hours of pure glory. I can’t believe they fit everything they did into endgame. So many oh man moments that I absolutely loved. Infinity war had THE moment but endgame just about half the scenes had some sort of dramatic hammer drop.

Regarding Hawkeye. His overall presence as an avenger is useless, it really is, but he serves as the most exposed and vulnerable one to drive home some of the emotional highs and lows the movies need to. That’s been his value to the series as a whole. Looses whole family, utterly destroyed. Finds redemption from a friend who he then looses sacrificing herself for his family. I don’t think any of the other characters allow the audience to relate to that level of gravity. Even starks last moments, it wasn’t completely serious, he was a smart ass til the end.

Finally, cap is my favorite of the mcu. They head faked me really well straight through the movie. Thought he was absolutely going to be a goner by the end. Then he fights thanos with the hammer to his advantage (holy crap). Then shield broken and damn near defeated, here comes is defeat... nope, reinforcements in epic fashion and victory. His exit was perfect for me, a man of war finally at peace.

Woah... I probably have more but holy smokes.

I'm a ****ing idiot :laugh: Nevermind, sorry.

youthoftoday

Jun 14, 2011
Philly
New Spiderman trailer just dropped and there's a lot in there about the "post-snap" world. I can already see it opening up possibilities for X-Men, F4, and more.

Loved. loved, loved Endgame, but a little annoyed that based on the trailer all of Peter's classmates(Ned, MJ, Flash) were conveniently snapped as well. Kind of would have been cool to have Flash aged and maybe back as a teacher at the school. Still, I'm glad they confirmed where this movie is taking place. Lot of speculation over the last year that it would have been pre-Infinity War and that scene on the bus was them coming back from the airport after the trip. I hope they spend a few minutes giving us a feel for how the post un-snapp world feels. Peter is obviously morning Tony, but I would like to get sense of at least how NYC is recovering. Very excited for this. No way Mysterio is a good guy, right?

Reactions: Domino666

youthoftoday

Jun 14, 2011
Philly
Also, my only minor beef with Endgame is Carol finding Tony and Nebula. My thought it that Rocket was somehow able to track the ship, but I could have used a line like this after she brought them back to earth, "hey blondie, they were exactly where I said they'd be, right". Basically, him thanking her, yet taking credit for the whole thing.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Loved. loved, loved Endgame, but a little annoyed that based on the trailer all of Peter's classmates(Ned, MJ, Flash) were conveniently snapped as well. Kind of would have been cool to have Flash aged and maybe back as a teacher at the school. Still, I'm glad they confirmed where this movie is taking place. Lot of speculation over the last year that it would have been pre-Infinity War and that scene on the bus was them coming back from the airport after the trip. I hope they spend a few minutes giving us a feel for how the post un-snapp world feels. Peter is obviously morning Tony, but I would like to get sense of at least how NYC is recovering. Very excited for this. No way Mysterio is a good guy, right?

I did hear that there will be characters from Homecoming that aged 5 years, but I can understand them wanting to work with the same main character actors again. It's one of those minor things you just have to kind of accept when it comes to film making though.

I totally agree that I want to give a feel for the post-snap world, and I am sure it will be a major factor in the movie. How could it not be?

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
That is my theory as well!!!!

I haven’t read the comics furthermore so I could give my full theory, might take a bit, but I would love a mash-up

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I still think they should have run Infinity War on the Thursday proceeding Endgame. Tons of people would have paid to watch both in such close proximity.

I watched it like 3 times in the month leading up to Endgame lol

Reactions: Tripod

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
I'm a ****ing idiot :laugh: Nevermind, sorry.
A597A9EC-94D2-421C-9ED4-2DC8EE9B562C.gif

I’m not sure what all I said. I just had to spew as much as I could regarding the movie. I’m still unsure if anything irrevocable happened to my brain.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Somehow managed to stay away from spoilers completely and saw Endgame on Saturday to avoid the opening weekend crowd.

Absolutely loved the movie. Very well done. Quickest three hour movie ever.

Specifically, I loved how they handled the Captain America situation. It was a very satisfying way for Steve/Chris to exit. I would have preferred Bucky take over the next cap but that's a pretty minor complaint.

I am really torn on Tony Stark dying. BY FAR my favorite character. It was a total gut punch for me because I wasn't expecting it, I was expecting Steve to die. I figured Tony would be the one to retire especially when I saw during the movie that he had a little girl. It was necessary though in a way and well done. Tony proved yet again that despite his arrogance he was always willing to sacrifice himself to save everyone else.

What I really didn't like was killing off Black Widow. That was also a greatly done scene and it made sense. That said, moving forward she would be THE obvious choice to lead the next generation of avengers with Tony and Steven no longer involved.

-Loved fat thor and love him teaming up with the guardians at the end.

-Loved how the subtly came up with a way to bring back Loki that wouldn't have been stupid.

-Scott/Paul was great as the comedic relief without over doing it.

Overall a great movie that lived up to the massive hype. It's just bittersweet to me though because essentially the Avengers as we've known them to be since 2012 are done.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
It still amazes me that the MCU has managed to make a talking raccoon a more likable and interesting character than DCU did with Batman and Superman. If someone would have told me 12 years ago that Iron Man would end up being more popular than those two I would have laughed in their face.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
So the Russo brothers came out and said they would come back to the MCU if it was to do a F4+ Doom movies. So logic says that Doom is not the next big villain in the next phase.

Or Doom IS the next big villain.

Probably not, but a man can dream

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
So the Russo brothers came out and said they would come back to the MCU if it was to do a F4+ Doom movies. So logic says that Doom is not the next big villain in the next phase.
A properly made F4 movie would be epic. I have no doubts that MCU and the Russos would deliver.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
A properly made F4 movie would be epic. I have no doubts that MCU and the Russos would deliver.
Oh I agree. My thinking is that they already have the next phase planned out and will continue down that line. And then at some point, will bring in the F4. But it would not surprise me if they DON'T go the reboot route for F4 with another origin story. It's been done twice the last 15 years so movie goes don't need an "introduction". They need a movie done right for sure.

The fact that the F4 are located in New York, you need them to get their powers after the whole Thamos timeline, imo. Unless you have them on a seperate Earth which they could do by using Spiderman to introduce them. Or even if you "slow" introduced them by having Peter Parker watch the "news" of them getting powers on TV.

Obviously they are more creative than I, but you get what I mean. We are likely 5-10 years from seeing them but in a weird way, by waiting, they actually build up the anticipation. Whereas under Fox, no one wanted another film done...lol.

Reactions: Ruck Over

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->