OT: All things Marvel/MCU (Spoilers)

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
For some reason I always find it interesting when I recognize lesser known actors from things I've seen them in previously. Watching "Avengers Endgame" again tonight (for like the 20th time), James D'Darcy plays Jarvis, he also played Lee Ashworth in season 3 of Broadchurch. Certainly wouldn't say he's been typecast.

e03f73a9-45b0-47d8-8c9f-1d4300b5909b

latest

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hoping you're right...where did you see this in writing?

Well aside from Marvel re-acquring the film rights to the X-Men, there is nothing official in writing, but that's because Marvel is pretty close to the chest with their plans.

There are tons of articles with speculation using evidence in both the movies and shows though. I mean, they just used Evan Peter's Quicksilver from the X-Men franchise in WandaVision.

Hugh Jackman also recently tweeted a picture of him and Kevin Feige along with a picture of Wolvy's claws.

Reactions: Blowfish

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Well aside from Marvel re-acquring the film rights to the X-Men, there is nothing official in writing, but that's because Marvel is pretty close to the chest with their plans.

There are tons of articles with speculation using evidence in both the movies and shows though. I mean, they just used Evan Peter's Quicksilver from the X-Men franchise in WandaVision.

Hugh Jackman also recently tweeted a picture of him and Kevin Feige along with a picture of Wolvy's claws.
Unofficially and it could just be a complete red herring.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I was entertained by the first episode but it didn’t do too much for me overall. It felt like it dragged on for so long, but that’s probably by making it sort of like a montage of a movie to fit the into its run time.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Oh snap that's a Green Goblin ball and a Willem Dafoe laugh? :O

I wonder if when Doc Ock says "Hello Peter" if he's actually addressing Toby who is there as well.

Reactions: Tripod

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I just don’t get why Strange would willingly do that type of spell all willy nilly for Peter. Younger Strange? Sure. Where he’s at now? I don’t see it.

Seems like some reasoning is missing for the important nature of it that we’ll find out during movie.

Reactions: trostol

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I just don’t get why Strange would willingly do that type of spell all willy nilly for Peter. Younger Strange? Sure. Where he’s at now? I don’t see it.

Seems like some reasoning is missing for the important nature of it that we’ll find out during movie.

I'm thinking there might be some kind of "twist". You know, like something will happen that you didn't expect. A surprise. Something like that.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Not surprised that isn't revealed in a teaser trailer.

I'm sure it'll make more sense.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Not surprised that isn't revealed in a teaser trailer.

I'm sure it'll make more sense.
Oh, of course. Just seems out of place as is.

I also like the idea that the reason the spell didn't work wasn't because Peter wouldn't stop talking but because of...

Sylvie killing Kang at that point and messing up the timelines.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Oh, of course. Just seems out of place as is.

I also like the idea that the reason the spell didn't work wasn't because Peter wouldn't stop talking but because of...

Sylvie killing Kang at that point.

Ooooooo I love that idea in your spoiler tag.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

Well comic spoiler for when Peter tried to get knowledge he was Spider-man erased from the world after he had publicly outed himself as part of the Civil War/Registration Act

He made a deal with the demon Mephisto... Mephisto has yet to be known (that we know of I guess) in the MCU... Maybe Mephisto is actually posing as Strange

Reactions: Deadpool8812

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Well comic spoiler for when Peter tried to get knowledge he was Spider-man erased from the world after he had publicly outed himself as part of the Civil War/Registration Act

He made a deal with the demon Mephisto... Mephisto has yet to be known (that we know of I guess) in the MCU... Maybe Mephisto is actually posing as Strange
I had a thought that it might not be Strange actually. It likely has to be SOMETHING. Also, poor Peter if that's the case again after what happened with Mysterio. Can't trust anyone to be who they say they are.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

youthoftoday

Jun 14, 2011
Philly
For some reason I always find it interesting when I recognize lesser known actors from things I've seen them in previously. Watching "Avengers Endgame" again tonight (for like the 20th time), James D'Darcy plays Jarvis, he also played Lee Ashworth in season 3 of Broadchurch. Certainly wouldn't say he's been typecast.

e03f73a9-45b0-47d8-8c9f-1d4300b5909b

latest

He also played Javis in the Agent Carter series.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad