All Things Jerseys

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Jamie Lundmark, ever heard of him?

Not even close.

You can maybe make the argument for Leetch, and even Kovalev. But even they weren’t seen as being quite on the level the last two picks were - at least at the time of their selection.

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
Not even close.

You can maybe make the argument for Leetch, and even Kovalev. But even they weren’t seen as being quite on the level the last two picks were - at least at the time of their selection.

Sorry Edge I was being completely sarcastic hahaha.

Leetch draft was right before my presence graced earth, so yes defintely Kakko and Laf have been the most hyped/touted picks I've ever seen the team make. I was still young but I remember Montoya having decent hype, but nothing like the past two years.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Sorry Edge I was being completely sarcastic hahaha.

Leetch draft was right before my presence graced earth, so yes defintely Kakko and Laf have been the most hyped/touted picks I've ever seen the team make. I was still young but I remember Montoya having decent hype, but nothing like the past two years.

Leetch was interesting because I remember talking to a few old-timers when I started with the Rangers. They talked about how there was uncertainty if Leetch was going to stick at LD and the idea that he might end up at center.

I remember those conversations blowing my mind.

Reactions: RGY and NY Lito

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
Leetch was interesting because I remember talking to a few old-timers when I started with the Rangers. They talked about how there was uncertainty if Leetch was going to stick at LD and the idea that he might end up at center.

Leetch at C is mind boggling to me.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Yeah, and despite ending up a HOF Defenseman, Leetch on draft day wasn't close to Kakko or Lafreniere

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Yeah, and despite ending up a HOF Defenseman, Leetch on draft day wasn't close to Kakko or Lafreniere

He wasn't, and that's always a somewhat strange aspect to point out.

Leetch came into the league performing at a young age and quickly performed at a high level. But he wasn't necessarily drafted into the league as a potential franchise player.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Got 2 jerseys in today from Russia

EmcxSXOW8AAWRBb
EmcxWWxW4AApnhr

Emcxah-XYAARpm3
EmcxdxKXIAEsSl-

CaptTennille

President of the Blair Betts Fan Club
May 24, 2017
Brooklyn

In true Rangers fashion, they will release a jersey that is literally the same as their regular jersey, but with "red-white-red" stripes instead of "white-red-white"

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I'm hoping they bring back the Liberty jersey with the other jersey that's coming but them doing a white with different colored stripes for the reverse retro is not shocking in the least.

NY Lito

Jan 13, 2010
NJ
hvv2y2w38gy51.jpg

This could be the Liberty, could also be for the Winnipeg Jets. Let's hope it's the former.

Adam Fox Time

Jan 1, 2020
I think that leak is revealing they jersey colors, not the design. That design goes against all the leaks so far and they wouldn't be "retro" jerseys if there were random stripes just on the shoulders. Plus it would be really disappointing if every design looked the same, and hopefully they realize that.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I think that leak is revealing they jersey colors, not the design. That design goes against all the leaks so far and they wouldn't be "retro" jerseys if there were random stripes just on the shoulders. Plus it would be really disappointing if every design looked the same, and hopefully they realize that.

They call it "reverse retro" though. So I assume it's a different color scheme for the Rangers. Red in that case

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
dibUv3f.jpg

It’s the Liberty. All the jerseys have the number of the year they’re from and the Liberty debuted in 1996.

There is nothing "reverse" about it if they use the same color scheme as in the years mentioned. So I still fully expect a red jersey. It's called "reverse retro" for a reason, right?

Red liberty?

mti79

May 11, 2007
dibUv3f.jpg

It’s the Liberty. All the jerseys have the number of the year they’re from and the Liberty debuted in 1996.
Thanks for the screen shot. Do the numbers actually mean anything? How does Vegas have a 92? That part is confusing.... But the Devils one could look cool or like a Christmas tree.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Thanks for the screen shot. Do the numbers actually mean anything? How does Vegas have a 92? That part is confusing.... But the Devils one could look cool or like a Christmas tree.

The years the jersey was used. Vegas' might be inspired by the Las Vegas Thunder (IHL)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad