All Things Jerseys

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Are the Adidas "authentic" versions on NHL.com and Fanatics.com the versions worn by the players on the ice. I bought an Adidas "authentic" from Dick's during a sale and LUNDQVIST and the 30s were all like plastic like. Currently both Dick's and NHL/Fanatics sell "authentic" jerseys for the same price.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Are the Adidas "authentic" versions on NHL.com and Fanatics.com the versions worn by the players on the ice. I bought an Adidas "authentic" from Dick's during a sale and LUNDQVIST and the 30s were all like plastic like. Currently both Dick's and NHL/Fanatics sell "authentic" jerseys for the same price.

The customization is the same way it was for the old Reebok premier jerseys which were the replicas. Aside from the customization, the jerseys themselves aren't the on ice versions. They're made in Indonesia while the adidas on ice jerseys are made in Canada and the difference in quality is astronomical, even bigger than the old IndoEDGE and Canadian EDGE jerseys. The only way to get your hands on an actual on ice jersey is to buy a game used or team issued jersey at this point. Some sneak through the cracks here and there via eBay but they aren't being produced for retail at the moment and who knows if that'll change.

Reactions: Mike in Houston

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Yeah I am pretty upset that they aren't releasing more MICs. The way I see it, Adidas should have and could have went with the way Nike does NFL. You have the bottom tier which is the fanatics/nike where it's the jersey, but casual with the sublimated/screenprint numbers/1 layer, then the in-between (forgot what Nike calls it) which really is where Indodidas is. Not on-ice, but has at least 1 layer of stitching and a better material/fight strap (or what the replica version is), then the full authentic on ice/field version, the MIC priced about the same as an Edge 2.0. Would honestly make perfect sense.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Gonna post this here too, but seems like AW's contact page is broken. Do they still customize for fans?

I got a few CCM and Starters I would like done (done right, and especially the Liberty because places cheap out on letters and cuts)... do they still take fan work? If not, does the NHL store still send to them?

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I think it's crappy that give "authentics" being peddled by Adidas are basically replicas. Single layer screenprint stitched on the jersey. That's not authentic.
I'm obviously no lawyer, but I still wonder if there's legal action available for anyone with proof of purchase for trying to pass it off as a more expensive authentic when its really no more authentic than the fanatic brand shirts...at least to have Adidas recall these, make the ones they wear and trade the premier authentic things for the ones they wear. Like every brand did before Adidas disappointed anyone who cares about these things LOL.

TonyIce

Sep 23, 2007
hello,
the adidas not customized retails at $180. sportsk has them new, direct from adidas for $125. you could get aftermarket sewing for about $75. good luck

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Rumors were next year. But they were only that. Rumors.

To be fair, Adidas announced that none of the teams would get a 3rd jersey last year because it was the first year and they focused on just home and away, but we got a 3rd jersey anyway because we played in the Winter Classic.

To see other teams get a 3rd jersey now seems only fair.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Question: Does Cosbys customize white Liberty jerseys as well?

I am flying to NY next week for the Carolina game (with the 25 year anniversary event) and want to bring my jersey to have it customized.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Question: Does Cosbys customize white Liberty jerseys as well?

I am flying to NY next week for the Carolina game (with the 25 year anniversary event) and want to bring my jersey to have it customized.
They should be able to, but call ahead just to be sure.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
They should be able to, but call ahead just to be sure.

I'm in NY for just 4 days and already know it won't be done before I leave but a friend of mine who lives in Queens can pick it up for me. I am visiting her again in June to go to a Yankees game. She wants me to experience a baseball game for the first time.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I'm in NY for just 4 days and already know it won't be done before I leave but a friend of mine who lives in Queens can pick it up for me. I am visiting her again in June to go to a Yankees game. She wants me to experience a baseball game for the first time.
If for some reason they can't do it, which would be weird, you can check out ArenaWear.

They're the current customizers. Up in Mamaroneck. You can call ahead of time and work out logistics. I got my Brassard Stadium Series done there and it's great.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
If for some reason they can't do it, which would be weird, you can check out ArenaWear.

They're the current customizers. Up in Mamaroneck. You can call ahead of time and work out logistics. I got my Brassard Stadium Series done there and it's great.

That's a long way out

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Ship it out to Keener in Winnipeg if possible. They do a great job and there’s pictures on their site. Cosby’s did the Liberty jerseys for the team at the time but over the years, they lost the exact kit specifications for the jersey so there’s no way to get the actual on ice specifications to a tee anymore. Keener does the best work I’ve seen though as it pertains to the white liberties.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I have a blank home Adizero Authentic size 46. It doesn’t have the tags on it but it’s never been worn. I’m in the military and I’ve rarely been back to NY in years. Had tickets to Jets/Rangers back on 2 December and my trip got pushed to 4 Dec so I never ended up wearing the jersey. Was planning on getting it done up as an Andersson but I’m honestly never going to have a chance to use it. If anyone wants a brand new authentic I’ll part with it for $165 shipped.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad