OT: All Things Game of Thrones III (The End!?)

Who sits on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Watched HotD last night. Better than I expected, even with the gratuitous sex and violence. Wasn't expecting nekkid Matt Smith though. Not even wearing a bow tie.

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
I didn’t check, but I have a timeline issue. If this isn’t quite 200 years before Danaerys, weren’t there statements in GOT saying the last dragons died well before this? Weren’t they tiny?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I must have confused the exact line. Thanks for clarifying.
Just to be clear, my statement was that this show takes place, I believe, 172 years before Daenerys and the last dragon died "more then a century" before Robert's Rebellion. Dany was born during Robert's rebellion.

I could see ambiguity taking place there so I just wanted to clear that up.

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
Just to be clear, my statement was that this show takes place, I believe, 172 years before Daenerys and the last dragon died "more then a century" before Robert's Rebellion. Dany was born during Robert's rebellion.

I could see ambiguity taking place there so I just wanted to clear that up.
And you’d think it would take a good deal of time for them to get bred down to cat sized creatures. Anyway…

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I watched and will watch this show, which I feel gives me an advantage considering I did not watch Game of Thrones until the very end, so everyone being pissed off about it didn't affect me as much

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
Between the shitty HBO ending and GRRM choosing to focus on milking the franchise for every last dime instead of finishing the series he started almost 30 years ago, I just have no desire to watch this or any other GOT spin off.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Between the shitty HBO ending and GRRM choosing to focus on milking the franchise for every last dime instead of finishing the series he started almost 30 years ago, I just have no desire to watch this or any other GOT spin off.
i dont think he will ever finish the series

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Pretty good episode. I'd say it was season 4 GoT level, not the near perfect pre Red Wedding Game of Thrones, but much better than all but a handful of episodes from season 5 onwards

btw..they aren't dragons..they are Wyverns

English heraldry and D&D are not the arbiters of this. A dragon is a fictional creature. As long as its large and scaly it is a dragon.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
i dont think he will ever finish the series
Of course he isn’t finishing the series, I’ve accepted that years ago. Dude is like mid 70s and morbidly obese. It’s a small miracle he survived Covid. I would actually respect him if he just admitted that he can’t or doesn’t want to finish ASOIF instead of stringing the fan base along every year with “it’s almost done, should be out the beginning of next year, i’m just so busy with GOT side project x,y, and z, oh and don’t forget about my wild card series no one gives a flying f*** about except me”. But him admitting that would dampen the excitement(and most importantly sales) for all of the other GOT side projects in the works so of course he won’t do it. The whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Reactions: Audible Velvet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad