Player Discussion: All things Emil Bemstrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
My apologies, it is probably my faulty memory that introduced this spurious fact. But he certainly played well and the point is that it didn't buy him much leash once the real games began. I'm not sure what the order of events were though, he had a bad injury at one point that kept him out of the lineup, I don't know if that happened before or after he started being mostly scratched.
He wasn’t in the last preseason game lineup, which IMO indicated he wasn’t going to be playing opening night. But he was diagnosed with an oblique strain right around opening night, caused by something in practice that week:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I would imagine both Foudy and Bemstrom, barring some others absolutely lighting camp up, will both be given long looks to start the season. Both because it's about time they start to show something as well as their current contract situations.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
I have Bemström penciled in as a "Bjorkstrand replacement". Obviously a downgrade but he has the potential IMO to play similar role, though without the sniping. But he has decent offensive upside as well.

I won't hold my breath on him becoming that level of player, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he did.

But I'm not the coach, probably for the best.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Leading the monsters in points with 5G 5A 10P in 7GP. Wonder if he gets a look soon.
Wouldn’t think so … wouldnt he require waivers again if he were to be sent back down ? Honestly , let the guys play and develop. We aren’t a playoff team, and more likely a bottom 4 team in the league. Let him develop in Cleveland

Reactions: Byrral

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Wouldn’t think so … wouldnt he require waivers again if he were to be sent back down ? Honestly , let the guys play and develop. We aren’t a playoff team, and more likely a bottom 4 team in the league. Let him develop in Cleveland

If they would have put him in Cleveland 2 years ago and kept him there instead of Columbus they most likely wouldn't still be wondering today if he will ever be an NHL contributor. Saying that and going by history he will probably be recalled soon.

Why not let Sillinger/Johnson/Chinakhov develop there?

From your lips to Jarmos ears.

Reactions: majormajor

LJ7

Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
If they would have put him in Cleveland 2 years ago and kept him there instead of Columbus they most likely wouldn't still be wondering today if he will ever be an NHL contributor. Saying that and going by history he will probably be recalled soon.
Cleveland was not an option for Bemstrom. He originally came over on the condition that he'd not be sent down there per Bob McElligot. That's not to say CBJ management was blameless but Bemstrom's camp initiated that.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Cleveland was not an option for Bemstrom. He originally came over on the condition that he'd not be sent down there per Bob McElligot. That's not to say CBJ management was blameless but Bemstrom's camp initiated that.

That's where you say to the player "no conditions". It's Jarmo's fault for agreeing to that. It's not like Bemstrom would play his whole career in the SHL to avoid any chance of playing in Cleveland. Guys like Marcus Bjork leave the SHL expressly to go to the AHL. Jarmo just probably thought his prized pick was way better than he was.

Reactions: Byrral and LJ7

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Bemstrom at center can’t be any worse than Sillinger or Roslovic at center.

75% serious.

We seem to only be playing some of these guys because they are “capable” centers, when they are actually incapable of being effective at the position.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
He’s been doing well for the Monsters stat wise and scored again tonight. Can any CLE fans comment on his game?

Hopefully he can follow the Tage Thompson development curve.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Bemstrom has been playing well. He plays with Marchenko on the PP. He is on a line with Richards and TFW tonight. Gaunce, Marchenko, and Meyer is the main line. Bem and Marchenko are a nice PP presence together.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
What’s the rush in bringing him up ? Let the kid play, develop confidence… keep him away from the mess here

Exactly. And while we’re at it guys like Jiricek and Johnson should take a direct flight from Finland there as well.

Jackets brass needs to take a hard look in the mirror and do what’s best for these kids long term versus trying to salvage the sunk CBJ ship.

Monsters could challenge for a Calder Cup this year with a few more pieces. What a springboard that could be for next year.

Reactions: koteka and CBJx614

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
What’s the rush in bringing him up ? Let the kid play, develop confidence… keep him away from the mess here
He's not really a kid anymore. He's 23 and in his 4th year of North American Professional hockey and should be entering his prime about now. He should have been in Cleveland at least the last 2 years. I've not been a fan of him up to this point so it will be interesting to see how long he stays down there.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Lord knows I’ve thrown in the towel on this guy but I agree it’s time for him to get another shot.
A chance? Lars follows the system of, as we say here, "boxes move". Of course I mean just the wingers. He has pairs that won't change. Foudy plays in the fourth line regardless of his play. So what about Bemstrom? Only if more wingers get injured and I'm not sure about that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad