All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
It was Eric Trump and I think he believes that.

The Trump rally formula was a masterstroke in 2016 as they knew FOX News and CNN would cover them live and it was effective.

Today and until there is a vaccine I sincerely doubt any local official will sign off on a gathering of 15-20K in an arena for sports, concerts, or a political convention. Sooner or later some mayor or governor will give the OK but nobody wants to be the first.
There's also the one from Trump jr, shameless...

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
96110144_10158313708949628_3165564478255267840_n.jpg

New Brunswick had no new cases yesterday. It is a good example of how the right measures can work. Keep that border closed please.
No new cases of COVID-19 in New Brunswick
actively, Maine CDC has been holding status updates in the 2 pm timeframe..... the 1374 active total is inaccurate... it's over 1500+ active and presumed cases and 70 deaths

actual cases active total as of the 17th is 1687; those numbers are updated/released daily at Noon

Last edited:
Reactions: caz16

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

6' is the diameter, person in the center is 3' away from anyone that doesn't use a bumper...like servers.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
May 25th for everyone outside Boston and June 1st for Boston.

I pray we don’t see any spikes in cases.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
I think there’s some merit to that

He hit the nail on the head actually. There is significant inequity in our healthcare system which predominantly affects minorities. They've known this for years, but no one wants big bad government interfering with our mediocre health care outcomes, sky rocketing prices, and our dependence on pharmaceuticals.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007

A senior official for the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said that White House trade adviser Peter Navarro's criticism of the agency's initial coronavirus testing response is actually a denunciation of President Trump.

"We should remind Mr. Navarro that the CDC is a federal agency part of the administration. The CDC director is an appointed position, and Dr. (Robert) Redfield was appointed by President Trump," the unidentified CDC official told CNN Sunday.

"If there is criticism of the CDC, ultimately Mr. Navarro is being critical of the President and the man who President Trump placed to lead the agency," the official added.

Navarro earlier Sunday slammed the CDC's handling of the coronavirus testing on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Dropkick Murphys to stage a concert for charity in an empty Fenway Park - The Boston Globe

They’re shipping up to Boston — again.

After a wildly successful St. Patrick’s Day virtual concert, the Dropkick Murphys will livestream 90 minutes of music from an empty Fenway Park on May 29. The 6 p.m. performance will include a remote guest appearance by Bruce Springsteen and will be broadcast on the band’s Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Twitch pages for charity.

"In an almost sentimental way, Fenway for Bostonians has so much to do with summer, so bringing any kind of life to the park is a positive thing in people’s minds,” said the Boston band’s co-founder, Ken Casey, in a phone call Friday.

To adhere to social distancing guidelines, the band members will be spread out across the diamond. Fewer than 30 crew members will handle the audio and video operations, and there will be no one in the stands.

“Fenway offers the opportunity to get the distance we need in a production kind of setting,” said Casey. “It’ll be drums at second base, banjo where the shortstop is, and singers in the infield. You could never get that kind of distance indoors.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad