OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XV - MOD ADVISORY POST 1 - UPDATED 5/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Here is the ENTIRE interview Kushner gave to TIME.

Keep in mind he is unofficial Trump's Chief of Staff

Some gems

While much of the country remains locked down, Congress has passed a series of stimulus measures and sent checks to millions of Americans to help stabilize the economy as it suffers the worst unemployment levels since the Great Depression. Critics have noted that certain provisions in the CARES Act, like the joint tax break in Section 2304, will disproportionately benefit wealthy Americans.

When asked if he personally stands to benefit from the bill, Kushner said he doesn’t know how it will affect him, because he doesn’t manage his personal finances and has recused himself from his businesses. “I have no knowledge of any of this that was designed to help me personally, or the President,” Kushner said. (Kushner also denied that the volunteer force he organized to work on procuring medical supplies kept a “V.I.P.” spreadsheet to prioritize tips from political allies, as the New York Times had reported.)

Americans’ economic distress could hurt Trump’s re-election prospects. Kushner himself had previously told TIME that Trump’s pitch to voters this fall was going to focus on a booming economy. Now, Trump is trailing former Vice President Joe Biden in both national and swing-state polls. Kushner said Trump is “looking forward” to debating Biden and dismissed the polls as “inaccurate.” Kushner said he believes the choice in the election will come down to: “Who do you trust to build the economy back?”

When asked if there was a chance the presidential election could be postponed past November 3 due to the pandemic, Kushner said that isn’t his decision. “I’m not sure I can commit one way or the other, but right now that’s the plan,” he said.

“Hopefully by the time we get to September, October, November, we’ve done enough work with testing and with all the different things we’re trying to do to prevent a future outbreak of the magnitude that would make us shut down again,” Kushner continued. “I really believe that once America opens up, it’ll be very hard for America to ever lock down again.”

Kushner is so UNQUALIFIED. He is a disgrace and should NEVER be allowed to do anything having to do with our country. He is also a slime.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Things should be fine by November. I guess I don't know about Massachusetts, but out here things are pretty much on the way back to normal.

But mail voting is preferable anyway, even in normal times. No sense in driving somewhere and standing in line when we have technology now to just choose from an app or by mail.

Reactions: LSCII

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Things should be fine by November. I guess I don't know about Massachusetts, but out here things are pretty much on the way back to normal.

But mail voting is preferable anyway, even in normal times. No sense in driving somewhere and standing in line when we have technology now to just choose from an app or by mail.
Many of the voting places in Boston are in the cafeteria of schools or in a small room in a library or community center. You really can’t social distance especially if you go after work.

I typically take advantage of early voting to avoid the crowds so if they could offer early voting by appointment only I’d definitely consider it.

Reactions: Ladyfan and hrdpuk

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Sometimes I wish I had a magical YouTube account and show you what the world would be like if you all got what you claim you want.

I'm going to imagine Trump when he learned it could go human to human jumping out ahead of the WHO and calling a pandemic.

He tells us we will be in a lock-down for the next two to three months and we will all need PPE.

You think the toilet paper thing was disgusting ... lol.

"You want the truth, you can't handle the truth!"

It didn't need to be 2-3 months. The moment it went from newly discovered strain of virus to human to human transmission the government should have suspended all travel (the vast majority of cases in the east coast came from Italy). There should have been extensive screening in airports and ports of entry. DPA should have been utilized and companies mandated to churn out all necessary PPE and exporting halted until national supplies were at an adequate level. The federal stockpile should have been the hub of all these supplies and shipped out to outbreak stricken areas. Test kits and supplies should have also been mass produced with better directions how to better allocate these tests and get results in an accurate and efficient manner. Contact tracing should have been expanded far earlier than it was.

Point the finger where you want but the bottom line is the agencies that had all the information about the virus were the CDC, NIH, and HHS. All federal agencies that are run by this administration. To say states need to make their own decisions is passing the buck as the states had no information on the ground until the virus was already well out of control within their state. It's not as if MASSDPH has a field office in China like the CDC.

The first warnings in health care came not from CDC, HHS, or CMS but from Mass DPH that community transmission has occurred and we needed to lock things down. That was on 3/12. By that time PPE was almost impossible to get, testing was almost non-existent, and the president's 15-days to stop the spread wouldn't be unveiled for 4 more days.

This was a catastrophic failure at so many levels and I got bad news for everyone, it still is.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Here is the ENTIRE interview Kushner gave to TIME.

Keep in mind he is unofficial Trump's Chief of Staff

Some gems

While much of the country remains locked down, Congress has passed a series of stimulus measures and sent checks to millions of Americans to help stabilize the economy as it suffers the worst unemployment levels since the Great Depression. Critics have noted that certain provisions in the CARES Act, like the joint tax break in Section 2304, will disproportionately benefit wealthy Americans.

When asked if he personally stands to benefit from the bill, Kushner said he doesn’t know how it will affect him, because he doesn’t manage his personal finances and has recused himself from his businesses. “I have no knowledge of any of this that was designed to help me personally, or the President,” Kushner said. (Kushner also denied that the volunteer force he organized to work on procuring medical supplies kept a “V.I.P.” spreadsheet to prioritize tips from political allies, as the New York Times had reported.)

Americans’ economic distress could hurt Trump’s re-election prospects. Kushner himself had previously told TIME that Trump’s pitch to voters this fall was going to focus on a booming economy. Now, Trump is trailing former Vice President Joe Biden in both national and swing-state polls. Kushner said Trump is “looking forward” to debating Biden and dismissed the polls as “inaccurate.” Kushner said he believes the choice in the election will come down to: “Who do you trust to build the economy back?”

When asked if there was a chance the presidential election could be postponed past November 3 due to the pandemic, Kushner said that isn’t his decision. “I’m not sure I can commit one way or the other, but right now that’s the plan,” he said.

“Hopefully by the time we get to September, October, November, we’ve done enough work with testing and with all the different things we’re trying to do to prevent a future outbreak of the magnitude that would make us shut down again,” Kushner continued. “I really believe that once America opens up, it’ll be very hard for America to ever lock down again.”

This is such utter bullshit. Just like Trump pushing to include a capital gains tax break in the next round of stimulus. It's a blatant move designed to avoid having to pay taxes on their stock purchases, yet he thinks everyone is too stupid to realize it. We're not. Well, at least half are not. The other half will go out of their way to explain why it helps them, even though it doesn't. :laugh:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
See Florida recount 2000

If it becomes apparent that Trump will lose the election and the GOP will lose their majority in the Senate you can fully expect that they will do something to try and delay it - That is as certain as the Habs getting the first power play at home.

I've heard some talk of a 24 team NCAAA style playoff for this year so the habs can get a spot in the playoffs

Reactions: Alicat

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I've heard some talk of a 24 team NCAAA style playoff for this year so the habs can get a spot in the playoffs

That would really piss me off. What's the point of playing a regular season if you're going to let everyone in? f*** that noise. And it has zero to do with the Habs. I actually prefer when they make the playoffs because it's more fun when they get knocked out.

Reactions: hrdpuk and Alicat

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Many of the voting places in Boston are in the cafeteria of schools or in a small room in a library or community center. You really can’t social distance especially if you go after work.

I typically take advantage of early voting to avoid the crowds so if they could offer early voting by appointment only I’d definitely consider it.

https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/eleabsentee/absidx.htm

I have voted absentee for over 10 years now. I can do so because I can never say with certainty if I am going to be home on election day

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
That would really piss me off. What's the point of playing a regular season if you're going to let everyone in? f*** that noise. And it has zero to do with the Habs. I actually prefer when they make the playoffs because it's more fun when they get knocked out.

I'd be ok if they did that format..it would be different but march madness is my favorite tourney style so it would be exciting. Surely there would be an asterix for this season's champ.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Oh yes, my old voting place was our old high school gym, and it was really shitty.

But yeah, they should develop some kind of website associated with the DMV where you register with your SSN and license/ID number then can vote in your district. Would make counting it way easier too. They say it'll lead to possible fraud, but no less than we already do. We already have absentee voting, what's the diff?

Then again, I'm a monarchist and think no one should be voting anyway.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'd be ok if they did that format..it would be different but march madness is my favorite tourney style so it would be exciting. Surely there would be an asterix for this season's champ.

I think it's crappy, TBH, as it rewards unsuccessful teams with a playoff spot that they don't deserve. I'm also not a March Madness fan, so I hate this idea. Are they talking about a tourney where it's one loss and done like college basketball? That would suck so much and be so bad. I'm not sure I'd even watch because it's so much a bullshit gimmick that's guaranteed to f*** over all the top teams that were built for a long playoff run with a playoff series as the format.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Last edited:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
say we open up june 1.
when do you guys think rec sports will be good to go?
like mens league hockey. im guessing no drinks in the rink bar after games for a while but games i think should be ok when we ooen.
what do you guys think?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
say we open up june 1.
when do you guys think rec sports will be good to go?
like mens league hockey. im guessing no drinks in the rink bar after games for a while but games i think should be ok when we ooen.
what do you guys think?

I'd be stunned if that came back in the summer. Maybe late fall, depending on what's happening with the virus in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad