OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XV - MOD ADVISORY POST 1 - UPDATED 5/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Mendon Twin Drive-In
2 hrs ·
We hope to open Mendon Twin Drive-In, legally and safely, Monday May 18 at 6pm. Movies on both giant screens will start after sundown. We’ll begin selling tickets online if and when MA government provides permission to operate, hopefully this will happen Monday morning.
Below, please find updated preparations:

Block every other parking space
Use fences, cones, stanchions, signs, spray paint, and tape to create distance marks anywhere customers might wait in line
Cover all food and beverage, including our fresh popped popcorn
Turn over every outdoor picnic table (we have no indoor dining)
Install plexiglass between employees and customers
Install hand sanitizer dispensers
Give every employee mask and gloves
Ask any employee with a high temperature or who traveled the last sixty days to stay home
Install bins for exchange of credit card, money, or ticket scanning
Add food pickup from an app *we’re testing this new system now
Sanitize all facilities
Thoroughly clean all sixteen acres
Close every other restroom facility
Close every other sink
Install dividers between all restroom facilities
Create in and out path for each restroom

Thanks to our team, they’ve set a new standard for safety. We’ve presented a written plan, pictures, and video, and communicated with state and local officials, to obtain MA permission to open.

We’re already doing takeout food. Our parking lot is already distanced. We have more space per customer than virtually any business. The experience is 99% outdoors or in your vehicle. We believe it’s time to open.

Families need safe, affordable entertainment. People need paychecks. Government needs taxes. We all need positive things to celebrate. We hope to see you Monday night.
Yours in flicks, food, and fun,

Dave Andelman
President and Owner
Mendon Twin Drive-In
America’s Most Beloved Drive-In

there are no English drive in theatres around here, I'd love to start one

How to Start a Drive-In Movie Theater

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
We have one in my town. It opens Memorial Day and closes on Labor Day. Took the kids once but they were too young and melted down the entire time. If I were them, I'd open up early because people are going to flock to it.

I've always wanted to start a business instead of selling IT forever. I go to every film festival I can in Montreal and would love to run a theatre. The way the world is now drive ins seem like the business to be in. However, hard to cater to the many Montrealers who don't have a car

Reactions: lopey and LSCII

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I found the receipt from the last time I went out to the bar in my wallet this morning. March 6th. Was the night I went out to celebrate finally being off all the medication from when I got sick with what was most likely the virus.

It makes me sad.

Reactions: KrejciMVP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad