OT: All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XV - MOD ADVISORY POST 1 - UPDATED 5/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
UPDATED 5/13

Now respected medical and science officials employed by the US Government are being disparaged by elected officials. All we can do is play it by ear.

UPDATED 5/11

This has been the most difficult thread HF Bruins has ever dealt with and it mirrors the reality that we continue to live through something that is unprecedented.

The only way this thread can function going forward is to declare statements made at the Federal level are OFF LIMITS. The exception to this would be statements made by qualified medical and science officials.

In the US and Canada, it is state, provincial, and municipal leaders who are leading the response. They are the ones who will decide when things will start to reopen - NOT leaders in Washington and Ottawa.

Obviously the reopening of the border between the US and Canada will be handled at the Federal level and that is a bridge we will cross when that happens.

Please stay safe everyone.

upload_2020-5-13_16-11-8.png

upload_2020-5-13_16-9-17.png

MASSACHUSETTS DASHBOARD

This is a trying time for all of us no matter where you live.

Right now politics should be set aside. We all have government leaders at the Federal and State/Provincial levels telling us what we must do to get through this.

Adhere to the rules below regarding discussion that is political in nature or you will be warned and permanently removed from this series of threads.

Considering we are relaxing forum rules regarding political discussion, what steps "over the line" is completely at the discretion of the moderation team. Examples of what constitutes appropriate discourse are listed below. When in doubt, don't post it.

UPDATED 4/30 - Compounding this is the Boston area and Massachusetts have been hit harder than most areas and local media and local officials have been blunt over the mixed signals coming from Washington.

UPDATED 5/8 - General Flynn is OFF TOPIC

One thing is clear - Boston and Massachusetts will be among the last areas to even attempt a reopening.

Do not wish harm or infection on members of the public, including the press, be it an individual or network/outlet/newspaper, etc.

It is becoming apparent that threadbans/infractions aren't enough for some people. The next step is a forum ban until hockey season starts.
We are going to follow similar rules for this thread that exist in the COVID-19 forum.

You may critique the response of LOCAL government but don't make it political.

Posts attributing motives because it involves this or that political party/politician/ideology will not be tolerated.

Miracle cures, home remedies, and medical advice should not be posted.

Please add a link to any news story

Continued from

OT: - All Things Coronavirus Covid-19 - Part XIII - MOD ADVISORY POST 1

Coronavirus Dashboard

Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center

STAT Coronavirus Coverage — STAT

89623758_10220250846634048_664307170107457536_n-jpg.338111

Last edited:

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Looks like sports teams in Ontario can begin practicing in some capacity as of today so that’s some good news.

The cynic in me finds it suspicious they came up with that one the same day the premier was caught going to his cottage after asking everyone else not to. But hey! No one is perfect I suppose.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Roy Horn of 'Siegfried and Roy' fame dies from COVID-19 complications

Roy Horn, of famed entertainment duo Siegfried and Roy, died after suffering from complications from COVID-19, ABC News has learned.

"Today, the world has lost one of the greats of magic, but I have lost my best friend," said Siegfried Fischbacher in a statement to ABC News. "From the moment we met, I knew Roy and I, together, would change the world. There could be no Siegfried without Roy, and no Roy without Siegfried."

"Roy was a fighter his whole life including during these final days. I give my heartfelt appreciation to the team of doctors, nurses and staff at Mountain View Hospital [in Las Vegas] who worked heroically against this insidious virus that ultimately took Roy's life," the statement added.

Horn was 75.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Looks like sports teams in Ontario can begin practicing in some capacity as of today so that’s some good news.

The cynic in me finds it suspicious they came up with that one the same day the premier was caught going to his cottage after asking everyone else not to. But hey! No one is perfect I suppose.

Look over there

Reactions: easton117

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

Roy Horn, of famed entertainment duo Siegfried and Roy, died after suffering from complications from COVID-19, ABC News has learned.

"Today, the world has lost one of the greats of magic, but I have lost my best friend," said Siegfried Fischbacher in a statement to ABC News. "From the moment we met, I knew Roy and I, together, would change the world. There could be no Siegfried without Roy, and no Roy without Siegfried."

"Roy was a fighter his whole life including during these final days. I give my heartfelt appreciation to the team of doctors, nurses and staff at Mountain View Hospital [in Las Vegas] who worked heroically against this insidious virus that ultimately took Roy's life," the statement added.

Horn was 75.

No :( way

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
So Russia has almost 200,000 cases, every other country with over 200, 000 cases has at least 25000 deaths, Russia has 1723......really? GTFO

I'm not sure what any of this data has to do with the real world but to say the least , it's highly suspect.

Can we all start telling the truth ............or is that to scary?

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Horn was 75.

a tiger couldn’t even kill the guy, shit

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
So Russia has almost 200,000 cases, every other country with over 200, 000 cases has at least 25000 deaths, Russia has 1723......really? GTO

I'm not sure what any of this data has to do with the real world but to say the least , it's highly suspect.

In Russia for people to be dead it needs to be ordered by Poutin.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
In Russia for people to be dead it needs to be ordered by Poutin.

As any Quebecois here will probably know, the French spell Vladimir's surname as 'Poutine', which instantly makes him sound much less scary.

484.jpg

Russia is claiming a virus fatality rate of approx. 0.1%, which defies belief. Even countries that have contained the outbreak pretty well generally have a figure in the region of 1%, although in some places it's probably even lower allowing for numbers of undiagnosed cases. Clearly there is some dodgy counting going on in Russia, and there are a few voices of dissent making it into the western media, but just how bad the situation really is there no-one truly knows.

'Painful to see': rise in Russian medics falling prey to Covid-19 as death toll questioned

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I talked to a friend who works for the Bruins and he told me Delaware North is in big trouble.

The issue is Delaware North through worldwide concessions always had a steady cash flow and now it has stopped. Boston has suddenly become a nightmare as the 'Hub on Causeway' was a major commitment of capital based on large crowds flocking to Banners, the food hall, the theater, and the night clubs.

DN has also invested heavily in numerous airports in the US and elsewhere and that revenue stream has evaporated.

Nobody on HF Bruins is going to cry about the Jacobs family but we are all terrified about what lies ahead.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

Horn was 75.

RIP Roy Horn, thanks for the entertainment, it was the best.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So Russia has almost 200,000 cases, every other country with over 200, 000 cases has at least 25000 deaths, Russia has 1723......really? GTO

They do lead in Doctors thrown out of windows

Why are Russian coronavirus doctors mysteriously falling out of windows?

this epidemic bringing out the worst in dictators

Last edited:

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

Putin's Bitch can't tell the truth either.
Make Lying Wrong Again

Stay Safe don't drink bleach or Lysol as suggested by Trump, out genius leader with the big, huge, brain.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I talked to a friend who works for the Bruins and he told me Delaware North is in big trouble.

The issue is Delaware North through worldwide concessions always had a steady cash flow and now it has stopped. Boston has suddenly become a nightmare as the 'Hub on Causeway' was a major commitment of capital based on large crowds flocking to Banners, the food hall, the theater, and the night clubs.

DN has also invested heavily in numerous airports in the US and elsewhere and that revenue stream has evaporated.

Nobody on HF Bruins is going to cry about the Jacobs family but we are all terrified about what lies ahead.
Terrified in what lies ahead for DN?

he should be able to withstand 2020 and the optimistic me believes 2021 we will get a vaccine and return to 80+% normalcy albeit a cautious ones

people are resilient and this is a massive wake up call where the would especially medical and scientific need to be on Earths side and not ‘this is my spot’

very symbolic this enemy could not be stopped by any wall or man made obstacles

Time to bring together not divide globally

we sll should also be much better prepared and wiser

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
Coronavirus Claims Owner Of Popular North Shore Ice Cream Maker

One of my favorite go to’s

I was thinking the other day I can’t wait for that place to open up

many of my friends kids worked there and I probably played 100+ games of mini golf with yutes there

RIP Bill
They have been open, when I was having trouble finding milk for my 3 kids last month I went there and there was plenty so have been getting it there since. They have a lot of different flavors in half gallons as well.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Putin's Bitch can't tell the truth either.
Make Lying Wrong Again

Stay Safe don't drink bleach or Lysol as suggested by Trump, out genius leader with the big, huge, brain.
Also don't shine a flashlight up your ass.

Or don't do anything trump says or believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
So Russia has almost 200,000 cases, every other country with over 200, 000 cases has at least 25000 deaths, Russia has 1723......really? GTFO

Not sure if anyone knows the real truth at this point.

Reactions: JOKER 192

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Yeah, f*** Jeremy Jacobs, his entire family, and the horses they rode in on. Even if they closed down forever, they've still got quite a safety net to land in with their billions. Greedy pricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad