Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
FB_IMG_1584492480894.jpg

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Weird feeling going to bed and wondering if tomorrow is the day you start showing symptoms of this or get a morning text from a friend or family member saying they have it. Uneasy times indeed.

makes complaining about danton heinen being too soft or sweeney's trades not being good
enough seem pretty damn trivial, that's for sure. stay safe bro.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
A coworker's son is getting married this weekend. They of course had to cancel the big ceremony and reception, but they're still going to get married. It will just be at his aunt's house with just a couple family members present. :(

I feel so bad for them, but ultimately, they will be together, and they can always throw a big shindig when we come out the other side of this mess.

Another co-worker was supposed to go to Jamaica for the destination wedding of a family member. Apparently that couple lost a fortune when everything got cancelled.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Weird feeling going to bed and wondering if tomorrow is the day you start showing symptoms of this or get a morning text from a friend or family member saying they have it. Uneasy times indeed.
makes complaining about danton heinen being too soft or sweeney's trades not being good
enough seem pretty damn trivial, that's for sure. stay safe bro.

If folks dont gain perspective from this they never ever will.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Stopped by Dollar General tonight and was able to get a twin pack of paper towels that I am reserving for extreme emergency TP.

Never thought I'd see the day when I was literally paying attention to how many squares I pull off the TP roll. :help:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Stopped by Dollar General tonight and was able to get a twin pack of paper towels that I am reserving for extreme emergency TP.

Never thought I'd see the day when I was literally paying attention to how many squares I pull off the TP roll. :help:

the supply chain will be resolved way before the virus is.
Just give it days to a week or so.
The great news by all accounts is that there are no shortages.
It’s just truck and dock availability.
Im optimistic on this.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Im optimistic on this.

OK that's what I wanted to read, made me feel much better.

Reactions: Gee Wally

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Just saying it'd be nice to actually meet some people from this board. I'm on here enough that I think it'd be nice.

apologies.
I was responding to a post you guys cant see.
Its awaiting moderation approval and is a little strange.

I should have known better.

But more importantly yes I do hope many of us have a chance to meet up. In some cases....again.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Massachusetts hospitals began to see a mounting number of suspected coronavirus patients Tuesday, an ominous sign for the state and its medical centers as the virus continues to spread.

Massachusetts General Hospital officials said the number of patients suspected to have COVID-19 in their emergency room or in beds had more than tripled to 53 between Monday and Tuesday, in addition to three other confirmed cases in intensive care and three in regular beds.

“This is clearly escalating at a very rapid pace,” said Dr. Peter Slavin, president of Mass. General. “Up until last week, we were seeing a smattering of activity, but now it seems to be accelerating, which is what you expect in epidemics like this.”

Across the 12-hospital Beth Israel Lahey Health system, 210 patients had been admitted as of Tuesday, including three with confirmed coronavirus and the rest “highly suspected’’ and awaiting test results. And at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, two hospitalized patients have tested positive and another 16 were awaiting results Tuesday.

Hospitalizations for COVID-19 escalate in Greater Boston - The Boston Globe

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Im optimistic on this.

it would seem the biggest concern is not supply, but getting to that supply
safely. especially the folks most at risk.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
it would seem the biggest concern is not supply, but getting to that supply
safely. especially the folks most at risk.

I love what stop and shop is doing. stock and sanitize over night and only allow senior citizens in the first 90 minutes.
Hopefully others will follow suit.

Although Im more scared of being in a parking lot full of elderly drivers.
Hell I’ll be the ‘kid’ at 62.

:D

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I love what stop and shop is doing. stock and sanitize over night and only allow senior citizens in the first 90 minutes.
Hopefully others will follow suit.

Although Im more scared of being in a parking lot full of elderly drivers.
Hell I’ll be the ‘kid’ at 62.

:D
Dollar General is doing the same thing. :thumbu:

Reactions: Gee Wally

DFBRUINS

Nov 23, 2019

Cut them in half you'll have 4 rolls of TP

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Hi
A coworker's son is getting married this weekend. They of course had to cancel the big ceremony and reception, but they're still going to get married. It will just be at his aunt's house with just a couple family members present. :(

I feel so bad for them, but ultimately, they will be together, and they can always throw a big shindig when we come out the other side of this mess.

Another co-worker was supposed to go to Jamaica for the destination wedding of a family member. Apparently that couple lost a fortune when everything got cancelled.
Three of my 4 nieces/nephews are supposed to get married in April/May/June. It should be a happy time. One is a nurse. One is waiting for a kidney transplant. I don’t think it’s going to happen.
FF9BE0F2-A7B2-491D-A028-D8905A3F8AB0.jpeg

Reactions: lopey and Ladyfan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Massachusetts hospitals began to see a mounting number of suspected coronavirus patients Tuesday, an ominous sign for the state and its medical centers as the virus continues to spread.

Massachusetts General Hospital officials said the number of patients suspected to have COVID-19 in their emergency room or in beds had more than tripled to 53 between Monday and Tuesday, in addition to three other confirmed cases in intensive care and three in regular beds.

“This is clearly escalating at a very rapid pace,” said Dr. Peter Slavin, president of Mass. General. “Up until last week, we were seeing a smattering of activity, but now it seems to be accelerating, which is what you expect in epidemics like this.”

Across the 12-hospital Beth Israel Lahey Health system, 210 patients had been admitted as of Tuesday, including three with confirmed coronavirus and the rest “highly suspected’’ and awaiting test results. And at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, two hospitalized patients have tested positive and another 16 were awaiting results Tuesday.

Hospitalizations for COVID-19 escalate in Greater Boston - The Boston Globe
Dr. Slavin is one of the best.

BruinsNetwork

Hope all of you are staying safe and hygienic our there. In the meantime, what the f**k is there to do without hockey?

I tried crying, that didn’t work.

I tried eating, that didn’t work.

I tried drinking, that worked...but then I cried.

I tried sticking my head in the toilet and flushing it until something happened, didn’t work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig