GDT: All things Baseball

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Nationals are a win away from the World Series.

upload_2019-10-14_23-28-33.gif

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I hope the Nats pull it off. I don't necessarily root for them, but having them local, I do follow them and go to games some. I also hate the Yankees, don't need anymore Cards success for a while, and the Astros had a win recently and are in the same division as my sad sack Mariners, so I don't want them.

Reactions: cptjeff

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I hope the Nats pull it off. I don't necessarily root for them, but having them local, I do follow them and go to games some. I also hate the Yankees, don't need anymore Cards success for a while, and the Astros had a win recently and are in the same division as my sad sack Mariners, so I don't want them.
I first started watching baseball watching the Yankees in college, but I was never that hardcore a fan, so it was easy to switch to the Nats when I moved to DC. I still root for the Yankees, but they will take a backseat to the Nationals, no question.

Nats just scored two in the first inning (so far) with a chance to sweep into the World Series. This is pleasant.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I first started watching baseball watching the Yankees in college, but I was never that hardcore a fan, so it was easy to switch to the Nats when I moved to DC. I still root for the Yankees, but they will take a backseat to the Nationals, no question.

Nats just scored two in the first inning (so far) with a chance to sweep into the World Series. This is pleasant.
I just grew up with a father and grandfather that were big, in your face Yankees fans. Soured me on them forever between the success and dealing with their reaction to the success.

Nats are killing it!

Reactions: Tryamw and cptjeff

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Yeah, that's the kind of call that should end a career. Inexcusable.
What I’m reading is, it was actually the correct call. Quite often in sports, even ones we love and pay attention to and think we know the rules - we don’t know all the rules. I remember the one in the NFL about the batted ball in the end zone rule...I didn’t know it until it happened. For a few minutes I thought the refs had lost their ever loving mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad