Prospect Info: "All Things AHL" Part II...

stlweir

Sep 29, 2008
Peluso
Tied for second in scoring 5-5=10

Beach 5 assists in 7 games.

Cundari back in track 1-7=8. +6

Cole 3-6=9

Last edited:

h22prelude93

Jan 27, 2010
St.Louis, Mo
Also note Sergei Andronov is heating up. In his last 4 games he has 3g and 2a +5 including a game winner(apparently they took away his assist from yesterday). Mark Cundari was easily our best defensemen on the ice last night. He plays a physical game and looks very responsible in both ends. Not very impressed with Cole although he hasn't looked nearly as bad as Chorney or Ford. As MattyMo mentioned, despite the score McKenna was outstanding in last night's game. Overall you can really tell this is a group of guys that aren't used to playing together. Not to make excuses but the team has also been hit pretty hard with injuries.

bluesman11

Robert Johnson
Mar 19, 2010
Have the Peoria games been streaming on the webs? If yes where can I find these games? Thanks

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Is Schwartz struggling point wise because he doesn't have any goalscorers to play with or is his play also not good enough?

stlweir

Sep 29, 2008
Bleed,

Schwartz is second on the team in goals with 7. Peoria is tied for 3rd to last in the league in goals scored and are tied for second to last in the league in points, 1 point ahead of the league cellar dweller. They are not a good hockey team and are struggling to score. I believe Schwartz is playing on the second line with McRae and ?. Hoefully someone who has seen their games can give an assessment.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
I was looking at the individual stats of the players and noticed Bret Ponich had an X beside his name (meaning he's no longer with the team), does anyone know why that is? Is he just too young for the AHL or did he get sent to the ECHL?

BlueSinceBirth

Jul 4, 2006
I was looking at the individual stats of the players and noticed Bret Ponich had an X beside his name (meaning he's no longer with the team), does anyone know why that is? Is he just too young for the AHL or did he get sent to the ECHL?

Ponich and Wannstrom got sent to Evansville when Della Rovere came back up.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Dave Allison had Schwartz on a line with McRae and Andrew Murray in the Houston game, and each player got a goal and an assist in that game. They will probably be together again tonight vs. OKC.

I'm really hoping Schwartz can develop into a star playmaker that we have so desperately needed. I'm encouraged by his ability to put up points. Hopefully, his feet are wet enough and he can dominate from here on out this year.

Baby Blues

Jun 6, 2011
Schwartz has mostly been on McRae's line with several different wingers on the other side, ie Grachev, Cracknell, and now Murray. He has played a few games at center with McRae moving to wing. That helped McRae get some goals but seems to come at Schwartz's expense as he went a bit cold.

Good road trip so far for Schwartz, but not sure if he has been on wing or center. Murray's return seems to have sparked that line.

First line has been Hensick centering Nesbitt and Peluso. With Peluso coming back to reality, looks like they have moved Cracknell into that spot. Worked well in the OKC game.

Ponich was sent down for conditioning. He should be back up to Peoria soon to hopefully take Shields' place...he's looking overmatched. Not that Ponich has shown much to be considered a NHL prospect.

Wannstrom was sent down to get more icetime as the Rivs are getting healthy again at forward. Andronov has outplayed him so far which has surprised me. SDR was called back up after conditioning stint.

Glad Jake had a good game and the win as the Peoria crowd is starting to turn on him. So it goes for a goalie on the team that's not winning.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Cundari with 11 points in 18 games, how has he played? Cole seems to be playing well too.

What about Grachev? Is that scoring ability ever going to materialize?

Baby Blues

Jun 6, 2011
Cundari with 11 points in 18 games, how has he played? Cole seems to be playing well too.

What about Grachev? Is that scoring ability ever going to materialize?

Cundari has looked much better this year especially in the offensive zone. Still too many turnovers to say he's jumped up to potential call-up status. He has had more icetime with Fairchild's injury (he's now back).

I like that Cole has stepped up and not gone invisible like the last time he got sent down. He has been laying some big hits too. But he and Chorney are to be the shutdown pair up against the top lines and they are not getting the job done.

Grachev: I just don't see any more upside. Too bad as he has the size and is hard to knock off the puck, but nothing happens offensively.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Schwartz has 10 points in his previous 11 games, with 6 goals. That looks a lot better than what his overall stat line is. It would be great if he also develops a goalscoring side to his game in addition to his playmaking abilities.

CoMoBlues

Aug 16, 2010
Columbus, OH
Don't look now, but Peoria is on a 3 game win streak, and Jaden Schwartz is on a 5 game points streak!
Jake Allen with the shutout in the 3-0 Rivs win over Grand Rapids

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
That's a great win. Grand Rapids is the division leader and has a lot of borderline NHL talent with Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco etc. Allen getting the shutout is very impressive. Schwartz now tied for second on the team in scoring behind Hensick who was an AHL All Star last year. He's doing just fine for being an undersized 20 year old in his first full year of professional hockey.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I never seem to find a Rivermen live stream. Does anyone have a link for tonight's game?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Love the blood on his knuckles. That's a great pic.

I see the Rivs won again tonight but it's not letting me see the box score. Who scored?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad