All Things AHL 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
I predict that Mikkola will be our #1 or 2 dmen after 1st or 2nd month. He won't play 3rd pair like some have noted here. He has played last couple seasons 22:00-24:00 TOI/GP in mens league. Hell no he'll be sheltered n to 3rd pair or 2nd.
I tend to agree here Ransku I think he will get more minutes than Butler, Walman and Lindbohm.

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
Super excited to have our own AHL affiliate again. Wish this had happened while I was stationed down there would of been awesome.

For any Blues fans looking to take a trip down there for a game highly recommended it. The arena is great and the riverwalk downtown area is awesome for families and a good night out. Austin is a hour and half drive north for non family guys looking for a great night life as well.

Reactions: Borderbluesfan

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Love San Antonio!! Great town with lots of history. Biggest small town in Texas!! Their sports facilities are professional level. AT&T Center for NBA Spurs or Rampage hockey and the Alamodome for football or soccer are great facilities!! The Riverwalk and downtown area can compete with most major cities. I love going to San Antonio!!

Reactions: The Note in MI

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Is there a certain amount of vets that have to in the lineup per night or just on the roster? This part has always confused me an insight would help, then I can give you my roster/lines
Actually, I believe it is the other way around. I'm not sure of the number, but there is a maximum number of vets as I understand the rules, not a minimum.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

BleedBlueForever

Jun 24, 2015
Actually, I believe it is the other way around. I'm not sure of the number, but there is a maximum number of vets as I understand the rules, not a minimum.

Ah you're right AHL has a FAQs page and found this there:

Of the 18 skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game, at least 13 must be qualified as “development players.” Of those 13, 12 must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season.

My Rampage Lineup would be:

Blais - Flynn - Kyrou
Sanford - Stevens - Kostin
Foley - Kaspick - Bennett
MacEachern - Musil - Poganski

Butler - Walman
Mikkola - Wotherspoon
Lindbolm - Reinke

Husso
Binnington

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
As of now, with no one-way contracts buried, the Rampage have the following vets.
Bennett (assuming he signs and stays): 304GP
Flynn: 391GP
Nolan: 497GP
Butler: 619GP
Wotherspoon: 315

They could add one more vet if they wanted for the max of 5 (plus the one exempt 280-320GP), but I personally like the flexibility carrying one less gives the team.

I'm not convinced the Blues are done moving pieces, so I will wait to make a lines prediction until we are closer to the season.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
As of now, with no one-way contracts buried, the Rampage have the following vets.
Bennett (assuming he signs and stays): 304GP
Flynn: 391GP
Nolan: 497GP
Butler: 619GP
Wotherspoon: 315

They could add one more vet if they wanted for the max of 5 (plus the one exempt 280-320GP), but I personally like the flexibility carrying one less gives the team.

I'm not convinced the Blues are done moving pieces, so I will wait to make a lines prediction until we are closer to the season.
I just checked out your RunningWithTheHerd website, and I must say that is quality work!

Reactions: Celtic Note

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
Bennett heads off to the KHL. Was selfishly hoping he'd stick it out for one more season, but I totally get it. Gives the Blues one more vet spot in SA if they want it, but I'd rather see them stick with the kids for now. Unless an elite AHL scorer like Chris Bourque or Eric Tangradi wants to jump aboard.

Also, I really appreciate the kind words. We try to provide as much content as we can and I, personally, bust my rear end to find info and get it out to my readers. Those words of encouragement just reaffirm why I do this.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Bennett heads off to the KHL. Was selfishly hoping he'd stick it out for one more season, but I totally get it. Gives the Blues one more vet spot in SA if they want it, but I'd rather see them stick with the kids for now. Unless an elite AHL scorer like Chris Bourque or Eric Tangradi wants to jump aboard.

Also, I really appreciate the kind words. We try to provide as much content as we can and I, personally, bust my rear end to find info and get it out to my readers. Those words of encouragement just reaffirm why I do this.

With all of the Blues prospects now going to San Antonio and some good two way signings for Vets, I think the Rampage will be a fun AHL team to watch. With Blues coaches trying to maximize the development of what is a good, solid class of young players, I hope that Rampage fans will see a group of young talent that wants to win and showcase their talent in San Antonio. I'm excited!! This is the closest high level professional hockey team for me!! Bonus is that as a life long Blues fan, I get to see Blues prospects whenever I can make the 3 1/2 hour drive north!!

McSwaingles28

Jul 6, 2018
St. Louis
Might be a stupid question but if I remember correctly G Evan Fitzpatrick is turning 20 this year. Will he land on the Rampage or stay in junior. I’m uncertain if he’s eligible for another year of Juniors.

McSwaingles28

Jul 6, 2018
St. Louis
With all of the Blues prospects now going to San Antonio and some good two way signings for Vets, I think the Rampage will be a fun AHL team to watch. With Blues coaches trying to maximize the development of what is a good, solid class of young players, I hope that Rampage fans will see a group of young talent that wants to win and showcase their talent in San Antonio. I'm excited!! This is the closest high level professional hockey team for me!! Bonus is that as a life long Blues fan, I get to see Blues prospects whenever I can make the 3 1/2 hour drive north!!
Bennett’s not to great anyways. Gives the Blues’ prospects more ice, that is a good thing. I watched Bennett play in the top 9 for a home game with the Blues and he got some PP time. I just remember that he looked like he didn’t belong. Didn’t see him play in AHL but can’t imagine he would be too much of a miss. Plenty of other players that can do what he does.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Might be a stupid question but if I remember correctly G Evan Fitzpatrick is turning 20 this year. Will he land on the Rampage or stay in junior. I’m uncertain if he’s eligible for another year of Juniors.
He could play either. Will likely spend much of year in ECHL if he goes pro as Binnington and Husso are likely to be at SA.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Bennett’s not to great anyways. Gives the Blues’ prospects more ice, that is a good thing. I watched Bennett play in the top 9 for a home game with the Blues and he got some PP time. I just remember that he looked like he didn’t belong. Didn’t see him play in AHL but can’t imagine he would be too much of a miss. Plenty of other players that can do what he does.

Went to my first Rampage game last year. I don't remember Bennett. I remember Butler, Sanford, Kostin, Blais, Musil, Husso, and the undersized defenseman, Warsofsky who I remembered as a Blues draft pick but was playing as an Avalanche two-way player. Can't say I even recall Bennett. Was he a Blues player or an Avalanche AHL filler??

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
Went to my first Rampage game last year. I don't remember Bennett. I remember Butler, Sanford, Kostin, Blais, Musil, Husso, and the undersized defenseman, Warsofsky who I remembered as a Blues draft pick but was playing as an Avalanche two-way player. Can't say I even recall Bennett. Was he a Blues player or an Avalanche AHL filler??

He was signed by the Blues last offseason and was Blues "property." He was a RFA this year and decided to bolt for the KHL. Good for him (and the Blues).

Blues sign 3 players at start of free agency

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
He was signed by the Blues last offseason and was Blues "property." He was a RFA this year and decided to bolt for the KHL. Good for him (and the Blues).

Blues sign 3 players at start of free agency
Thanks for the info, I have a hard time keeping up with where all of the Blues roster players were last year with them not having an AHL team and having players split between Chicago and the Rampage. I am happy that we finally have affiliated fully with the Rampage for the next 5 years and all of our prospects will be here. I personally win because I am a life long Blues fan and now have our best prospects playing AHL hockey within a reasonable driving distance by Texas standards, lol!!!

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
He was in Chicago last year, not SA.

Reactions: Borderbluesfan

McSwaingles28

Jul 6, 2018
St. Louis
He could play either. Will likely spend much of year in ECHL if he goes pro as Binnington and Husso are likely to be at SA.
Gotcha. I know Husso definitely a lock, and could even get some games up in the NHL according to Armstrong. I don't know that much about Binnington other than seeing he's been at about .915 save % and higher through his AHL career. Impressive as well. I would expect SA to be a really solid and fun team to watch. I want to watch some SA games, when there isn't a Blues game on, of course.

converseman54

Apr 13, 2017
STL
When do they announce the 2018-19 schedule? I'm planning on visiting my grandma in SA in October or November and am hoping to catch a Rampage game while I'm down there. Holding off on buying a plane ticket until they release the schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->