GDT: All-star weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I have no idea why I watch this every year lol. Why do the same guys get to do multiple events, Hall shot two pucks from opposing blue line, pretty lame.

If you're going to do that, open up the net to be top half open or something. It's a ridiculous concept to begin with - like anyone is shooting pucks from far blue lines ever except for time running out or empty net. "Ok, pick top corner now."

I'd rather see fastest skater, hardest shot, accuracy events only and have everyone on each squad participate in 3 elimination rounds cutting out the bottom half until you have your final 4 facing off in a final where winner takes 3 points, 2nd 2 points, 3rd 1 point.

4 events, 6 points per

Less switching setups between events, more participants, more action and most importantly more actual competition.

Sorry goalies - you can pass the pucks out during the accuracy event I guess. :laugh:

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
If you're going to do that, open up the net to be top half open or something. It's a ridiculous concept to begin with - like anyone is shooting pucks from far blue lines ever except for time running out or empty net. "Ok, pick top corner now."

I'd rather see fastest skater, hardest shot, accuracy events only and have everyone on each squad participate in 3 elimination rounds cutting out the bottom half until you have your final 4 facing off in a final where winner takes 3 points, 2nd 2 points, 3rd 1 point.

4 events, 6 points per

Less switching setups between events, more participants, more action and most importantly more actual competition.

Sorry goalies - you can pass the pucks out during the accuracy event I guess. :laugh:

Yeah I have no idea why they'd have a Score-O type deal, just silly. Stick with fastest skater, hardest shot, 4 corners, maybe guys shooting against the goalies like they used to, throw in some passing and stick handling also. Try to get the most amount of guys involved in multiple events. Instead we have goalies shooting pucks, D-men taking breakaways and Hall sitting on his ass the entire event, just pathetic.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
All I could think about with the goalies shooting was where the hell was that when Marty played?

He and maybe Turco were the only guys that could of done this years ago and scored.

Maybe a few guys even before that, like Hextall.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This was probably the least interesting, most uneventful skills comp. ever. That was awful.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Gretzky is a bad coach.

I think his tenure in Arizona might be why we won't see many superstar players turn head coaches. Bryan Trottier with the Rangers is another example, perhaps even recently with Patrick Roy as well.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The East game wasn't bad except Crosby and Ovi. That line sucked. Otherwise that game resembled hockey more than the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad