GDT: All-Star Weekend

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Skills Comp Update: Duchene in fastest skater and NHL breakaway challenge. I always wanted to see what Duchene would do in the shootouts in one of these.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
He should frankenstein a hockey stick onto a guitar and play guitar while taking the shot.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Suggestions to improve this weekend:

- Hardest shot competition: Pluck 4 random junior goalies and put them in net. Not allowed to get out of the way.

- Breakaway challenge: Every player must "Linus Omark" and light their stick on fire. Those who don't score have to fight John Scott. Those who do score get to torch a goalie in the back of the leg

- Fastest skater: Each skater removes one blade of steel from a skate

- Shot accuracy: For each shot a player misses, they run the gauntlet up the boards. Players who go 4/4 get a signed John Scott All Star jersey

Let the games begin

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Duchene didn't mess up on live television, that's a plus. Benn really ****ed up there.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

Going to guess something related to this.

matt-duchene-of-the-colorado-avalanche-smiles-at-musician-lee-brice-picture-id507465902

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I think everyone does the "shootout".

The breakaway challenge is only a few selected on each team.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
I didn't even see that. I was talking about the Benn/Duchene announcing who was going to be on stage next and Benn forgot his lines.

That's awesome though that they let him go out there and play. He must be having a blast.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
On NHL all-star weekend? Wasn't that even an ASG event?

I don't think that would change much. You don't need to be a hockey fan to go see the country music concert being put on because of the all-star weekend. There were probably already 100,000 people in Nashville as tourists without any connection to the all-star game.

I admit 6 might be a little low, was exaggerating a tad, but it's not like everyone there is a super dedicated hockey fan.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I didn't even see that. I was talking about the Benn/Duchene announcing who was going to be on stage next and Benn forgot his lines.

That's awesome though that they let him go out there and play. He must be having a blast.

Was just watching some videos of him from 5 years ago, where he was playing guitar for some reporter and said he's never played in front of anyone just in his basement. He's come a long way :laugh:

Trinstin

Oct 30, 2009
Denver, CO
On the Scott thing.

Not very impressed by Arizona management for not backing up their player and refusing to trade him.

About what I'd expect from management when it comes to their 'lesser' employees. Hope Arizona struggles without Scott in some small way. Really hoping for a Scott goal during the 3 on 3 competition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad