GDT: All Star Weekend

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
They really need to do the east versus west again just to give at least a small impression of competitive spirit.

Why would that make players compete?

The all star game is never going to be competitive and it shouldn't try to be. If it tried to be fun/silly it could be entertaining. The fantasy draft is a good start, the skills contest isn't too bad, the game might be enjoyable if it didn't take it self seriously at all.

Last edited:

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I would rather be watching a Sens game then this.

I am proud to say that I haven't watched a second of it. I checked up on Twitter, and discovered that it is going exactly as we all expected. The NHL should be ashamed of this game, but of course Bettman has his sense of shame surgically removed years ago...

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I am proud to say that I haven't watched a second of it. I checked up on Twitter, and discovered that it is going exactly as we all expected. The NHL should be ashamed of this game, but of course Bettman has his sense of shame surgically removed years ago...

Not sure if serious. :laugh:

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I watched for a few mins. The jerseys absolutely suck and I think when Rob Esche brought his buddies to the Utica Aud for "Chico & Friends" it was much more entertaining than the acting I saw in Columbus.

Check out this game and tell me which you'd rather see:

The All-Star game has a chance to showcase the greatest talent on earth in a high-octane, fast-paced game but that they put this year's garbage on the ice. I feel so sorry for the fans in CBus.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I watched for a few mins. The jerseys absolutely suck and I think when Rob Esche brought his buddies to the Utica Aud for "Chico & Friends" it was much more entertaining than the acting I saw in Columbus.

Check out this game and tell me which you'd rather see:

The All-Star game has a chance to showcase the greatest talent on earth in a high-octane, fast-paced game but that they put this year's garbage on the ice. I feel so sorry for the fans in CBus.

What made this game intense was the North America vs Europe aspect. They should go back to it all the time.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
My god, you guys manage to take the one week in hockey that's a break and a lighthearted event to just have fun, and **** on it as much as possible.

Like are you guys seriously complaining about the all star game? You guys sound like 12 year olds who are eager to grow up and hate everything they liked before that.

Karlsson2Turris*

My god, you guys manage to take the one week in hockey that's a break and a lighthearted event to just have fun, and **** on it as much as possible.

Like are you guys seriously complaining about the all star game? You guys sound like 12 year olds who are eager to grow up and hate everything they liked before that.

It's not just us, go check the main board

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad