GDT: All Star Weekend

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
rookies are only ones that want to go.

They should move the All-star game and combine it with the Winter Classic.

Move it to the first weekend in January.

Do the draft before hand and then announce them on the ice for the Skills competition on the Friday night.

Saturday night have the All-star game.

Sunday have the Winter Classic outdoors in the same city as the host of the all-star game.

Giver every team the Monday off.

Fewer tired players. Bigger event. Teams not playing in the Winter Classic still get a break.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Seriously, James Duthie was a big reason the last draft was fun. Mallard sucks.

I'm not even watching the drat, and I can unequivocally say the ONLY reason it worked on TSN was because of the likeable personalities of it's on-air talking heads.

It's an event that almost begs for a tongue-in-cheek approach... the only way to make it palatable to fans is to let the players have fun with it and use the whole platform as a "casually overproduced inside joke". I fully imagine Sportsnet isn't doing that... correct?

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I like watching Gary Bettman sucking up the boos from people at the draft. He loves it so much, its really a treat to watch.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I'm not even watching the drat, and I can unequivocally say the ONLY reason it worked on TSN was because of the likeable personalities of it's on-air talking heads.

It's an event that almost begs for a tongue-in-cheek approach... the only way to make it palatable to fans is to let the players have fun with it and use the whole platform as a "casually overproduced inside joke". I fully imagine Sportsnet isn't doing that... correct?

Correct. The production is terrible. They keep cutting off the players when they want to talk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad