Half-Assed GDT: All-Star weekend 24th - 26th January 2020 @ St. Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Women's cant even lift the puck when they shoot. Call me racist etc, but this is just horrendous.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Vincenzo Arelliti

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
Didnt think the women’s game would be interesting but really liked it.

I can understand the booing of Kane but Pasta? We’re not rivals and we beat them. That just looked ignorant in my opinion.

Liked the cameos and glad Hullie wasn’t as off his rocker as during the cup or he might have fallen off that platform!

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
the main boards thread ..... WOOF

was cool to see little walt take off his flames jersey and sport a cards hockey jersey :naughty: bring brady with ya and come on home

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
the main boards thread ..... WOOF

was cool to see little walt take off his flames jersey and sport a cards hockey jersey :naughty: bring brady with ya and come on home
Bruins thread is better. Glorious site to see.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... I agree that the men’s and women’s game are definitely different, but that doesn’t mean women’s hockey is bad hockey. ...
The talent base is here for an immediate stabilization of the NWHL or its offshoot, and there's a very strong selection of women in the U.S. and Canadian amateur ranks (especially in American universities from what I've seen the last 3 seasons following this segment of the game) ready & eager to provide a talent pool to sustain slow & measured growth in the women's pro game. Hopefully this NHL showcase can help put that growth back in motion. Where do I sign up for a season ticket package for a new pro women's team in St. Louis? :thumbu:

JOHNNYCOCKY88

Jan 26, 2019
Hey I know this may be off topic here or maybe not but I was wondering if any of you Blues fans had any idea what kind of skates Pietrangelo was rocking lastnight?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I really liked the women’s game. Was especially impressed by Coyne, Padlowski, Lamoroux, and the Canadian goalie. I would watch women’s hockey if it was on TV more often, especially if St. Louis had a team.
@542365 and all others: National Women's Hockey League games were streamed & archived on You Tube in previous seasons. They have since signed a three-year streaming deal with Twitch, allowing free access to games for fans. Start here: NWHL on Twitch - NWHL

ETA: You can also watch some "future prospects" play in person out at Centene Community Ice Center in Maryland Heights. The NCAA Division I Lindenwood University Lady Lions game schedule is available here: 2019-20 Women's Ice Hockey Schedule - Lindenwood University Athletics

Last edited:

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
He didn’t - surely a setup. MacInnis at 56 didn’t just happen to exactly match his personal best that he hit in his prime about 25 years ago. Nonetheless, his shot still looked good.

While I am positive it was a set up and he definitely did not match his prime record I would wager that with new sticks he could still crank 100 MPH shots.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
That women’s game was awesome. Women or not, that was some really good hockey, and I want to see more of it.

I can’t understand how some think women can’t compete with men — they absolutely can. There are obvious institutional and economic hurdles to overcome, but I hope that some day they’ll be able to play in the same league. Until then, I’ll be watching the women’s league on Twitch. Go Whitecaps!

I wouldn’t know these names if it weren’t for the ASG, and I’m sure that la true for many others — especially young girls that may now aspire to learn the sport.

Hillary Knight
Kendall Coyne Schofield
Brianna Decker
Amanda Kessel
Rebecca Johnston
Blair Turnbull
Marie-Philippe Poulin
Ann-Renee Desbien

And that’s just off the top of my head from last night. I couldn’t be prouder that STL was the city to do this, and not only was this a great thing to do for women’s hockey, but also a great thing to do given all the labor disputes and lack of a real pro league. These women deserved this, and I couldn’t be happier as a pro-labor, pro-women hockey fan.

Reactions: simon IC and JMCx4

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
call me stupid or idiot, but in my eyes that women's competition wasn't anything special. Maybe if you are at attendance, but in TV nothing. Good for women's hockey if that helps them.

Love it hardest shot event. Accuracy shooting was lame. Old time plates did brake etc. now they break only glass. :D

Love it when we got to see old legends and respect to them.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
That women’s game was awesome. Women or not, that was some really good hockey, and I want to see more of it.

I can’t understand how some think women can’t compete with men — they absolutely can. There are obvious institutional and economic hurdles to overcome, but I hope that some day they’ll be able to play in the same league.
I might become now most hated member in here but women's cant beat u18 or u20 boys. Maybe realistically some goaltenders when their physicality limits doesn't have that much affect. I can name one women who has compete in men's league what I know. Noora Räty who was Finland team women's gaoltender, he played in Mestis one level lower than finnish Liiga (1st league). That is great complishing and I'll respect him, but saying womens can compete vs. men in ice hockey is bit crazy and not realistic. Sorry.

But great for women's hockey they get publicity, but that 3vs3 was just horrendous imo. I didn't like it.

Reactions: Punished ROR

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

I can’t understand how some think women can’t compete with men — they absolutely can. There are obvious institutional and economic hurdles to overcome, but I hope that some day they’ll be able to play in the same league. Until then, I’ll be watching the women’s league on Twitch. Go Whitecaps!

I wouldn’t know these names if it weren’t for the ASG, and I’m sure that la true for many others — especially young girls that may now aspire to learn the sport.

Hillary Knight
Kendall Coyne Schofield
Brianna Decker
Amanda Kessel
Rebecca Johnston
Blair Turnbull
Marie-Philippe Poulin
Ann-Renee Desbien

And that’s just off the top of my head from last night. I couldn’t be prouder that STL was the city to do this, and not only was this a great thing to do for women’s hockey, but also a great thing to do given all the labor disputes and lack of a real pro league. These women deserved this, and I couldn’t be happier as a pro-labor, pro-women hockey fan.

Absolutely stupid. Women cannot compete with men and it doesn't matter how much you want to pump the feminist bullshit agenda. Men are bigger, faster and stronger. Just look at the size difference between the female players on the ice and the men last night. I do not want to watch some watered down no contact league just so people can virtue signal about equality. It's bad enough people are trying to get fighting out of the game.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Absolutely stupid. Women cannot compete with men and it doesn't matter how much you want to pump the feminist bull**** agenda. Men are bigger, faster and stronger. Just look at the size difference between the female players on the ice and the men last night. I do not want to watch some watered down no contact league just so people can virtue signal about equality. It's bad enough people are trying to get fighting out of the game.
Weber is bigger and stronger than DeBrincat.

I think your argument is silly. Not all men are bigger, faster, and stronger than women. If they can play, they should be able to play. And I think someday they will. This has nothing to do with forcing equality or anything like that. It’s just clear to me that women can compete against men. It’s a matter of time before it happens.

No need to be so sensitive

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I wasn't sure about the women's 3 on 3. I really enjoyed it
I thought it was just OK, for non-gender related reasons. I'm guessing none of them have had much practice at 3-on-3 and it showed. Both teams seemed intent on playing 3-on-3 the same as 5-on-5 and it just isn't as entertaining that way. Too little attention to maintaining possession and setting up plays and too much effort to try to force things on the inside that weren't there.

Reactions: Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig