GDT: All Star Skills Competition - 7PM EST - a bunch of places

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I went to my first game in Dec of 91. Devils vs Penguins. I was instantly hooked. A month or 2 later I tuned into ESPN to see a bunch of the league's best players doing some skill competitions. They were shooting against Patrick Roy. I couldn't understand how Roy was pronounced "Wah". I've simultaneously been hooked on hockey and hating the french ever since.
When I was over at my buddy's house and we were hanging out with his Kindergarten/first grade aged younger brother, we were watching some kind of ESPN hockey night game or something. Roy was still on the Canadiens. He kept calling him Roy and his brother and I kept saying it's WAH bro!

He told us that he knows how to read and the name on the back of that jersey is ROY!

He just wouldn't let that go. We probably sounded like jerks being high schoolers and giving this little kid a hard time. And he was exactly right because the name on the back of that jersey was ROY, it just wasn't pronounced that way.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I went to my first game in Dec of 91. Devils vs Penguins. I was instantly hooked. A month or 2 later I tuned into ESPN to see a bunch of the league's best players doing some skill competitions. They were shooting against Patrick Roy. I couldn't understand how Roy was pronounced "Wah". I've simultaneously been hooked on hockey and hating the french ever since.
That's my wife's maiden name.

Oh my goodness this Marner thing is so lame. Almost time to turn off the TV.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
I'm sorry but if they bring out a home team legend like Luongo out there the place should be going crazy. This building is awkward and quiet like a church.

Reactions: JimEIV

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I'm sorry but if they bring out a home team legend like Luongo out there the place should be going crazy. This building is awkward and quiet like a church.

No idea what Florida crowds are like the past couple of seasons, but I know in the past their attendance was worse than ours and that is saying something. I know it's All-Stars but still.

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
No idea what Florida crowds are like the past couple of seasons, but I know in the past their attendance was worse than ours and that is saying something. I know it's All-Stars but still.
Yep its bit of a weird hockey market. Any state or city can draw good numbers if the team is good but all star game is such a niche thing.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It's understandable though...when I'm in Florida the only ice I want to see is in my mojito.

The All-Star goalies can win $500 dollars in groceries this year too? Sweet!
I would get it all in eggs....a whole 2 dozen

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
Wtf...the pads on Ullmark. No wonder Boston is having a historic season.

sumo.jpg

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That opening Marner sketch was just meant to set up cocaine jokes, right?

I wouldn't have known what the hell this show was 4 years ago

Until I met a Pam..... Who loved that show, as well as loved the booger sugar, among other substances.

And she kind of looked like cartoon Archer Pam in the face a little bit.

She was a little prettier than the cartoon Pam and she was little thinner, but not as skinny as Archer Pam when she started doing too much coke. And she didn't wear pearls either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad