All-Star Game, Luongo & Ekblad selected

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Ekblad with a little over 95mph on his shot. Not bad for an 18 year old. Still has a long ways to go to match Garrison, whose shot was timed at over 105mph at a previous allstar game. Our PP was at it's best when he was at the point as it creates so much space as teams overshifted. I would bet Guds shot is close to 100, but very inconsistent with getting it on net.

I'm beginning to think my avatar is what Phil Kessel will look like when he retires.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Ekblad with a little over 95mph on his shot. Not bad for an 18 year old. Still has a long ways to go to match Garrison, whose shot was timed at over 105mph at a previous allstar game. Our PP was at it's best when he was at the point as it creates so much space as teams overshifted. I would bet Guds shot is close to 100, but very inconsistent with getting it on net.

I'm beginning to think my avatar is what Phil Kessel will look like when he retires.

:laugh:

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
If Bergenheim or Upshall were somehow picked to do the accuracy comp, they'd still be shooting lol.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
yeah, ekblads shot might have been just 95 mph, but he'll hit corners with that speed

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Ekblad has 2 apples I believe.

Yup, and the most TOI for a Dman. Nice to see him get his feet wet as such a young age. Im sure he is just soaking up as much advice as he can get right now.

Out of all our youngsters, he is the one Im really most excited about. I was really hesitant about him before the draft, and was slightly disappointed that we couldnt move the pick, but boy am I glad we kept it.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Ekblad's 4 pts matches Jokinen (2003) and Bure (2000) for the franchise record.

Ekblad now trails Bure by just 2 points to become the franchise's all-time scoring leader at the event ... Safe bet he'll get there someday.

Ekblad was the highest-scoring defenseman IN THE GAME.

I know it's just an exhibition ... but all very cool stuff.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Ekblad did superb the whole weekend. Seeing him and Luongo fraternizing with the NHL elite was great. It was awesome to have Panther representation there. Forsberg looked pretty skilled as well and Preds are lucky to have stolen him from the Caps. Good thing we aren't in the SE division anymore and the Caps pulled off that trade or we would be looking at Ovechkin-Backstrom-Forsberg more often than we would like.

I gotta say for a guy nicknamed "Johnny Hockey" I wasn't impressed. But he's doing it where it counts on the scoresheet for CGY, so good for him. But this weekend he was underwhelming.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
I gotta say for a guy nicknamed "Johnny Hockey" I wasn't impressed. But he's doing it where it counts on the scoresheet for CGY, so good for him. But this weekend he was underwhelming.

His acting when vorachek was carrying him was top-notch.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
If anyone is interested, the CBJ team store still had the white all star game jerseys in stock. They have a handful of customized Ekblad and Luongo jerseys available.

If anyone is interested, you can probably call them during the daytime and they should be able to ship it to you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad