All-Star Game, Luongo & Ekblad selected

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Heard on NHL radio that tomorrow is the picking. Every team has to be represented, which Panther makes it?

To me, these are the candidates:

Luongo (other candidates include Henrik, MAF, Carey Price, Jimmy Howard, Holtby)
Bjugstad (Our leading goal scorer, good for 26th
Ekblad (unless a rookie isnt allowed to play?) Other candidates in the East include Subban, Carlsson in Washington, Karlsson of Ottawa, Letang etc.

Stanley C. Panther

Again, every team is represented so someone has to make it.

I completely forgot it's not East vs West anymore, but a pick-up game type selection. so having said that, keep in mind Chicago had 5 players voted in including a goalie

Last edited:

Erick*

Lu should be a lock.
Ekblad should get serious consideration too.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
ekblad is a lock because of rookie representation

luongo should be too

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I would say Lou also but what makes me hesitant is the fact there only 5 goalie spots left and you got the following names out there:

Lundqvist, Price, Rinne, Quick, Fleury, Bobrovsky, Holtby (though I think Ovechkin takes his spot), Fredriksen from Anaheim, Anderson (Karlsson probably takes his spot), Jimmy Howard, and Halak.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
2012 All-Star game had 12 rookies, so Ekblad should be a lock.

Luongo, who knows. Maybe, maybe not. There's lots of good goalies available. And even if he gets picked, he's got a family, so I wouldn't be surprised if he passed it to spend time with them.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
I hope whoever deserves to make it makes it. Other than that..

I think the all-star game is pretty dumb. Does anyone remember Evgeny Dadonov represented us in the Skill Competition a few years back. Oh god was that embarrassing.

And for those of you hoping for Bjugstad.. He literally has no shot in h-11, no cares about the leading scorer of a team on pace for only 50 something in 82. And to tell you the truth, it's not really all-star worthy anyway. All-stars should be guys with a point a game or close to it.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I hope whoever deserves to make it makes it. Other than that..

I think the all-star game is pretty dumb. Does anyone remember Evgeny Dadonov represented us in the Skill Competition a few years back. Oh god was that embarrassing.

:laugh: :laugh:

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Heard on NHL radio that tomorrow is the picking. Every team has to be represented, which Panther makes it?

To me, these are the candidates:

Luongo (other candidates include Henrik, MAF, Carey Price, Jimmy Howard, Holtby)
Bjugstad (Our leading goal scorer, good for 26th
Ekblad (unless a rookie isnt allowed to play?) Other candidates in the East include Subban, Carlsson in Washington, Karlsson of Ottawa, Letang etc.

Stanley C. Panther

Again, every team is represented so someone has to make it.

I completely forgot it's not East vs West anymore, but a pick-up game type selection. so having said that, keep in mind Chicago had 5 players voted in including a goalie
Not sure how you didn't include Rinne.
As gay as I am for Hank, I think Nash would get the nod if only one NYR makes it.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I completely forgot that it's not East vs West anymore. I was only including East goalies
Ah yes, out of those goalies, who would be the 5 to make it?

I hate the people basing off stats, Rinne would be a lock regardless, but I'd like to see Crawford(voted into Quicks spot), Rinne, Lu, MAF, Price, and Hank(they probably pick Quick). Then Holtby deserves it too...tough.

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
well think of it this way, 2 goalies are a lock. Crawford voted in and Rinne.

Then after that, I think Price and Henrik are safe bets.

so that leaves 2 goalie spots. I see Holtby being a victim of representation (Ovi takes his spot) and same with MAF (though man, Crosby is havin a down year. NHL radio talks about this almost everyday).

Quick's stats aren't as good as Lou's but is a bigger name these days. Bobrovsky probably represents CBJ though, so that leaves one spot.

Erick*

well think of it this way, 2 goalies are a lock. Crawford voted in and Rinne.

Then after that, I think Price and Henrik are safe bets.

so that leaves 2 goalie spots. I see Holtby being a victim of representation (Ovi takes his spot) and same with MAF (though man, Crosby is havin a down year. NHL radio talks about this almost everyday).

Quick's stats aren't as good as Lou's but is a bigger name these days. Bobrovsky probably represents CBJ though, so that leaves one spot.

Why should Lundqvist be a lock? Luongo is definitely having the better year.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
I hope Luongo makes it and definitely deserves it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Quick or Lundqvist do instead as the bigger names lately due to both being in the Cup last season.

There's no reason why Ekblad wouldn't make the rookie game. Bjugstad likely won't make it, but if he keeps improving, maybe in the future.

I haven't watched the Allstar Game in years. It's just become so much less enjoyable and meaningless. I'm sure it's an honor for these guys to be selected as the best in their league, but shouldn't be terribly upset if they don't. Sometimes it goes by name and popularity rather than how they're doing in a season statswise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad