Post-Game Talk: All Sid and Geno's fault. Sid and Geno lose, 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
This whole forum is nonsense sometimes...everyone jump off the ****ing bridge series is tied 2-2...so are a bunch of other series...no wonder other teams think our fanbase is one of the worst in the league. Best of three with 2 at home...I still like our chances

Our chances for what, exactly? I am only interested in winning the Stanley Cup. A 6 or 7-game first round win over Columbus means absolutely nothing.

Where have you been the last four postseasons?

Yes I agree he ****ed up I've said that multiple times...how many times do I have to agree with you before you stop bring up the same one thing while disregarding his other games in the series?

Did you like Calvert's short-side short-handed goal in Game 2? Yes yes, I know. Why are we giving up odd-man rushes while on the PP. Bottom line, the short side is the AHL side. You cannot be beaten THAT cleanly in the playoffs at this level.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
So your saying Malkin has been good this series? the reason he hasn't scored is because of JJ and Neal? If that's your opinion were just going to have to agree to disagree.

I said Malkin played an inspired game last night, don't move the goalposts.

I find it a little odd that two generational talents known for their proficient scoring have both gone dry at the same time. Perhaps there are other factors at work besides them just getting old at the exact same time.

These two have been a huge band-aid for this org and they have been expected to play superhuman hockey without much help. Again, tell me just one instance where Neal or JJ set Malkin up for a decent chance. It doesn't have to be a great chance, just one decent one.

"Captain Clutch" Toews had all of 3 assists and one mental breakdown through his first 8 playoff games last season, but his team carried him and their coach put him with their best players to get his game going again. I've pointed that out numerous times.

And the point people keep missing is that this team has gotten secondary scoring for once and scored 14 goals in this series. Yet they keep finding ways to lose. That's the biggest issue here, not Malkin and Crosby not scoring.

Fleury3434*

Jan 14, 2013
Because the other games don't matter. It's like you already stuck your hand in a running lawn mower on four separate occasions losing a finger each time and for some reason you're about to walk up to another running lawn mower thinking "hm, I wonder what will happen this time".

Yes other games he's played THIS YEAR don't matter but collapse he's had the past ear DO MATTER. They both matter lol

wolffy66

Dec 16, 2009
Please read what I said. I am not blaming the refs for last night's loss, PENS SHOULD have won, The loss was on Fleury. BUT THEY CONTROL and AFFECT the OUTCOME of games by Their CALLS and Non-calls.

You have a point about the refs swallowing the whistles for CBus but I don't think anyone is willing to let the Pens off the hook on this one. So nobody really wants to acknowledge it really. They still should have won bottom line.

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
I was being sarcastic. ;)

If I were Mario, I would tell him straight his future with this organization is on the line. Lets see if he can handle that mentally, if he can, maybe there is still hope for him in the NHL. I would predict at least 5 goals against in the first 2 periods if Mario said that though.

EDIT: Of coarse if I were actually Mario I would be relaxing on a beach somewhere with an ice cold drink in my hand... not in Pittsburgh watching this team **** the bed again. :laugh:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm having a really tough time going to bat for anyone on this roster, right now.

But will everyone re-read Jiggy's above post a few times, please?

The problem is much deeper than simply "Crosby and Malkin not stepping up!" That's simpleton local media stuff.

Fleury3434*

Jan 14, 2013
It's funny. I'm actually agreeing saying fleury blew it last night. But as soon as I try to shine some positive light on the situation it's "NO MAN FLEURY SUCKS BALLS"...series is 2/2...I don't give a 2 ***** about last seasons collapses...don't even care about last night collapse; yes it happened and it was god aweful. But it's over; don't care about next series or boston or the Stanley cup...all I care about is next game and winning next game...cup is won one game at a time...and right now it's a best of three series with home ice. Fleury gets his head on straight and teams starts giving a **** in front of him and we win...that's all I care about. It's a 2-2 series, so is ducks and Dallas...**** happens focus on next game

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I said Malkin played an inspired game last night, don't move the goalposts.

I find it a little odd that two generational talents known for their proficient scoring have both gone dry at the same time. Perhaps there are other factors at work besides them just getting old at the exact same time.

These two have been a huge band-aid for this org and they have been expected to play superhuman hockey without much help. Again, tell me just one instance where Neal or JJ set Malkin up for a decent chance. It doesn't have to be a great chance, just one decent one.

"Captain Clutch" Toews had all of 3 assists and one mental breakdown through his first 8 playoff games last season, but his team carried him and their coach put him with their best players to get his game going again. I've pointed that out numerous times.

And the point people keep missing is that this team has gotten secondary scoring for once and scored 14 goals in this series. Yet they keep finding ways to lose. That's the biggest issue here, not Malkin and Crosby not scoring.

They ran Iginla out of town too because of the perception he wasn't good enough for this team.

In perhaps Bylsma's most perplexing trick yet, he has managed to screw up our two best offensive players despite playing an overtly open style. Hard to do, really.

I applaud Disco Dan for once again going above and beyond.

Iginla. Crosby. Malkin. If one's a trend...

wolffy66

Dec 16, 2009
It's funny. I'm actually agreeing saying fleury blew it last night. But as soon as I try to shine some positive light on the situation it's "NO MAN FLEURY SUCKS BALLS"...series is 2/2...I don't give a 2 ***** about last seasons collapses...don't even care about last night collapse; yes it happened and it was god aweful. But it's over; don't care about next series or boston or the Stanley cup...all I care about is next game and winning next game...cup is won one game at a time...and right now it's a best of three series with home ice. Fleury gets his head on straight and teams starts giving a **** in front of him and we win...that's all I care about. It's a 2-2 series, so is ducks and Dallas...**** happens focus on next game

Well 95% of the hockey world thinks he sucks. What do you want us to say? He might not suck next game? Its possible he could play well. But based on the fact he sucks, probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad